PDA

View Full Version : The Tactics Centre.

carousel
06-03-2005, 01:45 AM
http://cmtactics.wwwhoster.net/teaminstr.php?PHPSESSID=c6dde1219c58b5b262a2ef7b61 bb41b4

I'm suprised its still up. Ah anyway, this thread may prove useful to some people. Just thought I'd post the link.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/9021906192/r/9021906192#9021906192

Dantata
06-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks a lot!

enigmaqua
06-03-2005, 03:33 PM
thanks carousel, this is great! I remember seeing this tactic on the old WWW's site and tried it out myself with sucess but with my PC always breaking down I always lose it and now i can't be bothered to put it all together. Does anyone have one I can download?

I'm currently using the PB DDL to which I have customed slightly, in my first season with Birmingham I won the first division. The following season I finished 5th in the Premiership and just recently I won the UEFA Cup with a victory over Barcelona! This is my first ever cup victory(apart from the LDV) that I have won on this game! So I'am delighted!

Dantata
09-03-2005, 12:31 PM
I tried creating the DDL tactic following the instructions but my MR ended up with no arrow :( Am i doing something wrong?

Big Nelly
09-03-2005, 01:12 PM
I tried creating the DDL tactic following the instructions but my MR ended up with no arrow :( Am i doing something wrong?

No. The up arrow is for With ball (Wibble) screens (i.e., when you are attacking). The MR does not need to have up arrow. I'm using my own version of DDL; for Home the MR/L is up arrow, away there is no arrow. The MR/L need to have good dribbling/passing stats and the right player instructions.

If you want any up arrow, you have to adjust the the MR/L position up slightly on the top half sections (L, C and R sides). To keep the DDL balance and not have you palyers running too far between attacking and defending then the MR/L position on the Wobble screen should be moved up similar distance as moved on the wibble screen.

If you want to get the balance right then try using programs like CM tactius and Tactic Editor that give distances players move and also could over view of playing positions across and up/down the pitch.

Dantata
09-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Thanks. Do you know where can i download this tactic editors?

Romario the Great
10-03-2005, 09:17 AM
I never manage to successfully implement the DDL.
I keep conceeding an awful lot of goals :spamafote:

Now, I've lost confidence in that kind of defensive setup :(

Big Nelly
10-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks. Do you know where can i download this tactic editors?

From the following locations:

CM Tacticus (http://www.CMTacticus.co.uk) and Tactic Editor (http://www.cm-tec.net/cm3/download/cm3download.htm)

aar0n
10-03-2005, 02:01 PM
4-1-3-2 Pool (http://www.thedugout.net/tactics.php?action=show&cat=4&id=48)

Best CM 01/02 tactic ever IMO.

Davgooner
10-03-2005, 04:32 PM
It gets cracked very easily, and only seems to work at home, I'd have to disagree.

Dantata
10-03-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm desperately looking for away tactic or at least tactical tips ;)

welshwebwizard
10-03-2005, 05:45 PM
That reminds me, I'll have to close that URL.

Big Nelly
10-03-2005, 05:51 PM
I'm desperately looking for away tactic or at least tactical tips ;)

What type of tactic do you want to play? What team are you and what limitations do you have (e.g., lots of DC's and no DR/L or wingbacks, etc.)?

Below are some tactic tips from the old TD site:

I don't know anything about 433 formation, but FL/R type players can play as wingers.... and you could always retrain them to something useful like AM or DM

442 on the other hand, ah, it's the only way to play CM! It will give you a whole new insight playing a wide formation if you always use WWW2 and the like. It's totally possible to do well with 442 formations, I have a 30-something game unbeaten run using them. So I will give you some advice....
I like short or direct passing and offside trap. Attacking mentality at home can be good. I prefer normal tackling throughout the teams, but if a hard tackling team seems to be out competing me I'll go hard tackling for the CM's and SC's.Zonal marking on all but the forwards.

Fwd runs on wide players only. CM's can have fwd runs on depending on how the game is panning out. I like CM's to run with ball, especially against a hard tackling opponent in the rain! CM's also can shoot long an/or try through balls. Full backs or wingers on cross ball, I don't usually have both on. Wingers will tend to cross it anyway. SC's either run with ball or hold it up.
You have 2 choices for width, either the wingers or full backs. After editting the with/without ball screens I end up with either the DR/L or MR/L with forward arrows and that's all. The other choice you might wanna look at is going 4411 away with the FC either central behind the SC or running forwards alongside them. 4411 is MUCH more reliable away from home. It's also good at home too, but the fans want to see 2 up front attacking formations

With ball screens:
Keep your shape moving up the centre of the pitch! You can nudge the SC's slightly back to avoid offsides. DR/L a bit forwards, MR/L drifting in as you approach the opposition penalty area. In wide areas get the wingers forwards and wider supported by the fullbacks and CM. The same side SC can come wide too if you likeand the opposite winger moves up to join the central SC, in the penalty area the opposite winger should be right up by the goal for overhit crosses. DC's and MC's are OK as they are.

Without ball screens:
Central screens are OK except defend a bit higher up the pitch with all the players, don't drop too deep and get swarmed! Wide areas need some attention, especially in the crossing areas, make your wingers support the DR/L so they don't get isolated against the opponents widemen. Give your GK enough room to come out and gather crosses.

ps 442 formations respong well to small changes to the individual player instructions such as adding/removing forward runs etc

Also you look at your squad and set the instructions according to your players available. I'm not really happy playing too many AM's in the middle, I prefer DM's and MC's in there. Richie Wellens

Latly targetman/owen type up front works nicely.....

Well, I adjust the tactic as the game is going on, changing forward runs, maybe a bit of pressing here and there etc

I think you have success how you say with the target man SC dribbler FC or reverse it, small fast SC and good jumping/heading FC

I always like my FC's to have good aerial stats as they often arrive late on crosses

Another point is that against 3 CM's you might have to put your 2 CM's on pressing so they don't get out numbered

aar0n
10-03-2005, 08:35 PM
It gets cracked very easily, and only seems to work at home, I'd have to disagree.
Yeah, it does to be honest, I usually just modify it slightly like changing on the strikers to attacking midfielders etc, usually does the job for me. Either that, or a 4-2-3-1 formation I use that I created myself. Both work qutie effectively at most clusbs. :cool2:

Dantata
11-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks Big Nelly, this is really useful! ;)

Moomin Chupachup
13-03-2005, 04:36 PM
It's amazing how much of that stuff in Big Nelly's post I'm not doing in my latest 442 and it's still working great...

Big Nelly
14-03-2005, 09:27 AM
It's amazing how much of that stuff in Big Nelly's post I'm not doing in my latest 442 and it's still working great...

Remeber, that was the start of your thread back on the old TD forum.......

C_Ronaldo
14-03-2005, 10:52 PM
can anyone name a player who plays in the FC role

Echo
14-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Rooney
Reyes
Kuijt
Raul
Cavenaghi

Want to add any more detail to your question?

Moomin Chupachup
15-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Remeber, that was the start of your thread back on the old TD forum.......

I know!

C_Ronaldo
15-03-2005, 11:20 AM
echo

sorry m8, i should have added im after a player who can play in the FC role but who doesnt cost much ie 500k

Big Nelly
15-03-2005, 11:26 AM
echo

sorry m8, i should have added im after a player who can play in the FC role but who doesnt cost much ie 500k

When you referred to FC position do you mean an AM/FC position (AM moving {up arrow} to FC position) or player up with the SC's?

For AM/FC try:
Shane Tolley (Peterborough)
Kim Klastrom (when at his swedish club)
Matt Le Tissier (sp?) (or the Regen!!! :thbup: )

chez
08-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Is there any tactics that last for like 10 seasons? The so-called ´wonder-tactics´ usually start producing average results after 6 or 7 seasons:(. Does this also happen to the default tactics with the bigger teams?