PDA

View Full Version : A dearth of Championship standard full backs?

JohnnyGreening'sHeadband
31-10-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm currently restructuring my Burnley squad for a crack at promotion back to the top level in the first season.

They start off with some good options up front and out wide, and I have done some surgery to the midfield and central defence. However I can't seem to find any decent and affordable options for the full back positions. Both right-back and left-back are priorities, I have about 1.5m to spend on them combined, can anyone help?

Cheers.

Ben
31-10-2011, 03:18 PM
I've edited your title to spell death right. :)

Unfortunately, I have little knowledge of the Championship despite being English. So I really can't help with the thread otherwise!

Anderson
31-10-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm pretty sure he meant to say dearth, not death.

Pretecf
31-10-2011, 03:52 PM
You would find some options in the postings of Your Game - English Football League thread for both of your fullback needs! But, yes, there is a dearth of options available, as usual...

Ben
31-10-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm pretty sure he meant to say dearth, not death.

I've changed it back. I read it as 'the death of the championship standard full back.'

Back on topic...

JohnnyGreening'sHeadband
31-10-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm all for correcting spelling and grammar, you were a little too quick out of the blocks on this occasion though as I did indeed mean dearth.

Frostbite43
31-10-2011, 04:30 PM
I was blessed with decent fullback options for Leicester in Konchesky and Pantsil, but through injuries needed reinforcements. Not quite as good as he was last year, but also cheaper now is Jordan Spence...I'm pretty sure I got him for around 400k but it's possible that was just the initial bid with more over a few years as I did that a lot my first season. His versatility was helpful, too, able to play any backline position - but his crossing is still weak.

I also brought in another youngster from Bochum, Mattias Ostrzolek. He was a pretty penny (3m) but you can probably get him on loan. After he settled in he dominated the left side and currently starts there for me in the Prem.