PDA

View Full Version : Contract negotiations - How far do you go?

AppleMac
13-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Hi guys,

Just wondering how far everyone goes to sign a player. I have just seen my offer for Otamendi accepted, but he and his agent both want around 2M sing on fees! I've gotten his wages down to 49k a week, but they still want that bonus and just walked away from negotiations.

Is it just me, or are more of you willing to give up on a player when he demands outrageous signing fees? (especially agents, f...ck them! I will rarely give them more than 700k. I hate em.)

There's only one Keano
13-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Usually only really good players have high bonus demands from their agents and since its a good player i would pay if i can afford it. In your case its 4 million in total for both, 4 million that come end of the season you will get back from TV rights and all that plus you will still have that quality player under contract so its a win win situation in my mind.

I don't like agents as well, in fact i don't know if anyone does and i will always drive a hard bargain, its why i always have a comment from the board under confidence screen for wage happiness saying how they are delighted with my tight wage control but are also hoping that my prudence doesn't prevent me from signing top players haha.

asbo007
13-11-2011, 06:15 PM
It is all relative to the player I wish to sign.

Frostbite43
14-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Kyriakos Papadopolis' agent wanted something like a 3.6m agent fee, which I couldn't pay, even with him being a key player. The board just wasn't having it. I got around it by increasing KP's weekly wage by 2k a week, and the agent lowered his fee demand enough for me to sign the player.

I paid over 5m in fees to sign a player that cost around 24m. :sorry:

Jackletaxi
14-11-2011, 05:41 PM
What works for me sometimes, is when the players wage demands and extras are too high, I often bump up the agents fee and reduce the players demands and the contract is accepted!