PDA

View Full Version : getting players to come to leeds

bradford2010
13-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Hello, have just taken over at leeds having been headhunted from plymouth, leaving them 4th league 1. Its Jan 2013, leeds have crashed down the championship and are sitting in 20th place. Have won first two games and moved up to 14th, they were however predicted first place at season start.

Anyway my point is, when i filter unrealistic loan or transfer players I dont get anybody decent. Tried to sign my rightback from plymouth who loved me:naughty: but he wouldnt come even negotiate. Tried shane duffy from everton on loan but he turned me down, am struggling to find anyone in the premiership on loan even if can afford wages and fee.

I find this a bit unrealistic, this is leeds united for goodness sake, it must be draw for players.

Any ideas anyone, or failing that some recomendations for decent some young players who would come need to lower my teams average age.

thanks in advance.

Kanij
14-11-2011, 12:45 AM
The more you win, the better your reputation gets. You can check how you rank up if you go to club information and view the "View Club Reputations"

bradford2010
15-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the tip, guess what Iam getting at is that players will not negotiate. Approched simon church at reading on transfer list, low wage decent player. Had offer accepted be he would not negotiate, then went to the press crying about lack of football????

Got some great players on frees for plymouth, even in league two. Including ? thompson a right back from hearts on a free when contract expired and james beattie. Also got some good young loan signings from top clubs. But so far with leeds no go. Good championship players such as Neil Danns is however on loan at hinckley as is waghorn now.

Is it all down to me winning a few games and moving back up the league?

When signing players at plymouth they would comment on being impressed by my league standing, top as it was then, if i move Leeds back up will players negotiate?

Anyone else faced this issue?

John
15-11-2011, 04:25 PM
The guy in post #2 has given you the only real advice you need. Start winning games.

Until you do that and the players you want will sign for you, you'll just have to look for alternatives who will sign.

Have a look at Rangelo Janga if you need a striker. Reasonably quick, brilliant in the air, and a good finisher. Signed for Inverness Caledonian Thistle at the start of season two in my game, so I doubt he'd have any problems signing for Leeds. Over this season he's scored 22 goals in 28 games playing for a bottom half SPL side.

rikkibs86
16-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Try buttering them up in the press I've had some success using that approach??

bradford2010
17-11-2011, 04:37 PM
The guy in post #2 has given you the only real advice you need. Start winning games.

Until you do that and the players you want will sign for you, you'll just have to look for alternatives who will sign.

Have a look at Rangelo Janga if you need a striker. Reasonably quick, brilliant in the air, and a good finisher. Signed for Inverness Caledonian Thistle at the start of season two in my game, so I doubt he'd have any problems signing for Leeds. Over this season he's scored 22 goals in 28 games playing for a bottom half SPL side.

Janga is a great shout, but was picked up by QPR at start of season.

Any more ideas would be great, thanks.

Playerslacker
27-11-2011, 12:39 AM
kinsky a chez GK that i got on a free for leeds . pretty much got me promoted