PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best right winger on the game ?

There's only one Keano
06-12-2011, 10:14 AM
I want to know from your personal experience who is the one player that owns the right hand side. That one that does silky mazy runs on the right, can cross the ball anywhere inside the box and if needed can finish.

I ask this because i'm about to start 4th season on my only save i have played so far and i haven't tried that many players yet.

I can tell you that Ezequiel Matias Schelotto is amazing. I bought him for 2,5 million at the start and he is ever consistent for me with about 8 goals and assists per season. Also his attributes keep rising non stop.

Second i have on the team is Marco Reus. I can say i over payed him at start of second season 18,5 million. Don't get me wrong he is good but not great. Scores some wonder goals but i'm looking for someone who is flamboyant, who is noticeable in every game.

Have you tried Giuliano from Dnipro ? I think he might be what i'm looking for.

Also what about some versatile attacking midfielders, can they train to be right wingers ? Samir Nasri, Lucas Moura or maybe Mario Gotze ?

I need this because i'm building a super team that can cope (finally) in the Champion's League with the likes of Real, Barca, Man U.

I need the best, money is not the issue. Who is it ? :blush:

Nimreitz
06-12-2011, 10:29 AM
In my 6 seasons at Gladbach my right winger was always Marco Reus. Scored 75 league goals over that time and added another 43 league assists and we turned Gladbach into European Champions with a squad of castoffs. Better than your boy Schelotto it would seem.

Gotze seems to be better, although not as clinical of a finisher. I bought him in as my last move at the club before pursuing International management ahead of the 2018 World Cup and he seems to be beating down the Bundesliga like Messi typically does at the start of the game.

Lucas is a player I could never afford, but he almost looks like a cross between Reus and Gotze. Flashy and capable of 12+ goals a year.

The young player that I'm absolutely amazed by his development (and I didn't have him, it was all the computer) is Muhammed Demirci from Besiktas who I might start a thread on.

Other guys I haven't been monitoring, but look amazing: Alexis Sanchez and Xherdan Shaqiri

Two guys that give me problems whenever I play them: Vladimir Weiss and Mathew Leckie

Indoctrin
06-12-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm finding that Shinji Kagawa is doing rather well for me when I play him on the right wing.

I got him on a free at the beginning of 2013/14 and in his first season he made 18 starts and 13 sub appearences, bagged 8 goals and 15 assists.

His second season however he's played 27 times, scored 19 and made 14 assists as it seems he loves to get into the box and latches onto the left wingers crosses the majority of the time! Might be worth a look, plus he would raise your profile in Asia.

It might also be worth having a look at Antonio Valencia if you can get him on the cheap ;)

There's only one Keano
06-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Marco Reus plays kinda shy for me. When he is motivated he is spot on but more often than not he is just there to win the corners from his runs. It's only his second season in my team, i guess he might be better in the future.

Lucas is available for around 20 million on my save and both Bayern and myself have been monitoring him last 2 seasons, if i don't get him they will for sure. I'm just not sure if he can deliver on the right wing.

I haven't heard of Demirci i will check him out.

Alexis Sanchez doesn't want to leave Barca and Shaqiri is at Juventus.

Kagawa is at Fiorentina and i'm not sure they want to let him go.

Nani is too old to spend that much coin on. Valencia is the one i forgot about, will check him out.

Nasri though is unhappy and wants to be transfer listed, i just might be tempted to give him a go at the right wing if i can get him.

I just need that right winger to complete the final piece of the all star jigsaw i am building 3 seasons.

P_3
06-12-2011, 11:50 AM
If money's not an issue then Hulk from Porto is my suggestion. He scored a mahoosive 57 goals in one season, including 20 in the Champions' league. If age is a worry for you, then you'd be happy to know that since his transfer to Man Utd at the age of 30, he's grabbed another 40 goals in 2 and a half seasons with them. You know what, a picture is worth a thousand words.

http://gyazo.com/870a77123a78124d002cded3aa6915fa.png

AppleMac
06-12-2011, 12:02 PM
I was about to mention Hulk, bought him after one season at Tottenham and he is absolutely amazing! Although I use him as an Inside Forward, he might be good as a Winger as well. A lot of assists and his powerful shots are great to watch. Dribbles through opposition midfield and defence, also great on the counter.

Best purchase ever on FM. I love him :hail:

There's only one Keano
06-12-2011, 12:16 PM
I already got Hulk, he is my left winger. :P

I signed him at start of second season for 20 million. Now i just need one more monster like that on the other flank and i'm all set.

Simon244
06-12-2011, 01:32 PM
In my United save Valencia is an assist machine. Kagawa always chips in with plenty of goals and assists from the wing.

k_mac
06-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Hulk and Valencia are my wingers and I haven't been able to find better. Nani is a bit of a glory hound

rikkibs86
06-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Hulk as a AMR inside forward :drool:

Klang
08-12-2011, 04:25 PM
slightly more reserved names but Matt Phillips and Karim Ait Fana have been doing brilliantly well for me at Everton. Both are better on right but can also play left side,

both averaging over 7.50 over a season for last 4 years and have a Premier League, Euro Cup and 2 FA cups to my name so they can cut it.

There's only one Keano
09-12-2011, 11:10 PM
So i sold Marco Reus for 14 million at the beginning of the fourth season and decided to splash the cash on Lucas Moura for 25 million.

First i was a bit sceptical as how he would fit as a pure right winger considering he is natural at center. I don't usually say this but Oh my god!

10 games, 5 goals, 5 assists including 2 stoppage time winners and after just 2 months he is already among favorite personnel for the club. He is even outshining Hulk at the moment. I highly recommend Moura fellas.

Nimreitz
10-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Really? Had a bit of a slow start for me after taking over City and making him my first luxury purchase. What role do you play him?

There's only one Keano
10-12-2011, 08:56 AM
As a right winger in a 4-4-2 formation. He was competent at MR role so i put him on a average training focus on it and he quickly became accomplished at it.

I'm telling you he bedded in so well and so fast i'm astounded.

Lennac
15-12-2011, 04:09 AM
I love Robben, when he's healthy. Which the game accurately portrays as very rare... But he dominates his wing with the ball. His shooting accuracy is a bit of an issue at times, but I've had multiple games with him where he makes 3 runs down the side, cuts in and scores 3 goals.

Nimreitz
16-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Yeah, Robben is a real bitch to play against.

ron_burgundy
25-02-2012, 04:41 PM
I concur on Hulk, absolute beast. If you play him as an Inside Forward at the AMR position he is unplayable at times.

Unfortunately, on my save Porto have won the league 2 years in a row, they don't want to sell him and he isn't desperate to leave. They just turned down a straight cash offer of 55million (no intention of paying that but wanted to see).

I have never heard of Lucas Moura...just checked his stats... Wow! Might be an option for me and Arsenal.

BundyBear
26-02-2012, 08:36 AM
ive absolutely loved weiss from man city on my hudders save, hes been amazingly consistent and scores 10+ goals a season, also is easily affordable at around 5mill

CsAtlantis
26-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Theo Walcott's not bad *ahem*

Agree with Indoctrin on Kagawa, he's scary on the right wing

Wonder how good nathan redmond will be this time around....

Statzner
27-02-2012, 08:43 AM
I played Kagawa as AML with James Rodriguez on the AMR spot. What a partnership.

disco biscuit
06-03-2012, 04:30 AM
Lucas Moura/Xherdan Shaqiri for me in my Liverpool game.

MegaHassan
06-03-2012, 09:24 AM
ive absolutely loved weiss from man city on my hudders save, hes been amazingly consistent and scores 10+ goals a season, also is easily affordable at around 5mill

This.

Playerslacker
23-03-2012, 09:01 PM
this may sound strange but if my RW is injured iv played paloschi there and he scored 22 goals in 6 months covering .. lenny nagis did ok as well

but id look for a regen in brazil if i were you they always seem to produce awsome amc and wingers

craigy_rangers
01-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Toning it down a bit here again :P

I have Bebe playing in this role for my Rangers team, yes I here you say, SPL is rubbish yadda yadda yadda, I agree... however I'm also concentrating on building a squad capable of taking on Europes big guns, here is what on loan star Bebe had to offer in his season at Rangers

League
Apps - 36
Goals - 25
Assists - 19

Cup
Apps - 8
Goals - 5
Assists - 6

Continental
Apps - 15
Goals - 6
Apps - 6

I've already won the league, league cup, semi of CL and scottish cup final is coming up shortly....

He's still only 22 as this is just my second season.

Playerslacker
02-05-2012, 03:36 PM
bought shaqiri last season for 17.5 mill ... worth every penny the guy is a nightmare and scores a lot of goals .. bought him in jan last season and he got 14 goals at the close .. not bad for 1/2 a season ...and he got 20+ assist