PDA

View Full Version : Gareth Bale - Which is better?

cyril
07-12-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm currently into a Tottenham save. Where is Gareth Bale a better player on the left wing or the right wing. The reason i ask this question is because mostly i have a right footer on the left wing and a left footer on the right wing. With Gareth being a left footer isn't he logically better on the right wing?

That being said he is deadly on the left wing but could i get more from him playing on the right wing? What are you'r thoughts on this?

moley
07-12-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm into my 4th season at spurs with him on the left wing and most of my assists come from him whipping a low ball into the back post for lennon to tuck away.

Definitely the left wing, I've tried him on the right but he seems a little neutered there.

AppleMac
08-12-2011, 10:21 AM
I've got him on the left, but athough I'd like to see him as a DW, I think he is more effective on WM or even W. How do you guys use him? (I place him on the ML spot)

Nimreitz
08-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Bale's a classic winger, not an inverted winger, and he has the PPMs to prove it. Keep him out left, let him swing in the crosses and track back on defense. And as a friendly tip, set your RB to hit the back post with his crosses. Bale's height should see him get above any fullbacks marking him.

backbeat50
08-12-2011, 12:05 PM
I've got him on the left, but athough I'd like to see him as a DW, I think he is more effective on WM or even W. How do you guys use him? (I place him on the ML spot)

I use him in the AM L slot as a winger in a 4231 with Van Der Vaart in the centre and Lennon on the right.

I too have tried him on the right but as a winger his quality of crosses is reduced by his weaker right foot (almost always checks back onto his left and gets tackled far more frequently). As in inside forward the number of crosses are far reduced and cuts inside doesn't appear to be as effective. Although I've had some reasonable results on the right they are nothing compared to what I get from him as an AM L winger.

cyril
08-12-2011, 07:08 PM
i generally always tend to do a Tottenham save every year cause it's the team i support. Last year i tried to put Bale on the right to cut inside on his left foot for more goals but it just didn't work out. That is the reason i asked this question, just incase people had been playing him there and getting better performances from him. At the moment im playing him on the AML spot with Lennon on the AMR and they seem to be doing the business in a 4-1-2-2-1 formation. Cheers for the input.

therebehounds
08-12-2011, 09:26 PM
I had reasonable results last year with him as an AMR. It was a backup formation, 4-3-3 where Giuseppe Rossi played a very deep trequartista role, and Bale and Lennon switched as goal-scoring inside forwards. They found a lot of space on the overlap. Worked well if teams were man marking.

Other than that the others are right - Bale's much better playing direct, sticking to the line and meeting Lennon's crosses at the back post.

efoster
07-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Left attacking midfielder/ winger.

Epic.

No need to play around with this guy. Just play him on the left.