PDA

View Full Version : Mario Gomez

Lennac
24-12-2011, 04:47 AM
How do I get this clinical finisher to, well... finish? Scouting report recommends playing him as a Target Man, I've used him as a Poacher or Advanced Forward. What do I need to do?

I'm playing a 4-2-3-1. Flat back line, two CMs with Ribery and Robben on the wings with Muller supporting Gomez up front. Everyone else seems to be scoring, except Gomez. Help please.

Eazy-Duz-It
24-12-2011, 06:28 AM
Try him as a complete forward, that way even if he doesn't score he might get a few assists and not be a waste of a spot. You need to be more specific, also. Does he miss sitters or does he not get any chances at all? If it's the latter you may have to rethink your tactic to fit him in or sell him.

Lennac
24-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Try him as a complete forward, that way even if he doesn't score he might get a few assists and not be a waste of a spot. You need to be more specific, also. Does he miss sitters or does he not get any chances at all? If it's the latter you may have to rethink your tactic to fit him in or sell him.

He has 4 goals on 33 shots. 15 shots have been on target. This is over the course of 14 games. So, he's not getting a ton of chances... just averaging over 2 shots per game. But, some quality chances are inside the box and he just blasts them into the keeper...

I know a lot of it comes down to bad luck, shots blocked or deflected at the last second, but I just want to get the most out of him.

Pineapple Hero
24-12-2011, 10:55 PM
He has 4 goals on 33 shots. 15 shots have been on target. This is over the course of 14 games. So, he's not getting a ton of chances... just averaging over 2 shots per game. But, some quality chances are inside the box and he just blasts them into the keeper...

I know a lot of it comes down to bad luck, shots blocked or deflected at the last second, but I just want to get the most out of him.

changing player roles won't make a player thats missing sitters suddenly start scoring them, once he's through on the keeper its down to the player to put the ball in the net, nout u can do about it, if he's off form have a chat with him or leave him out for a while, u could advise him to place his shots but he might refuse the advice..............

Eazy-Duz-It
25-12-2011, 01:00 AM
changing player roles won't make a player thats missing sitters suddenly start scoring them, once he's through on the keeper its down to the player to put the ball in the net, nout u can do about it, if he's off form have a chat with him or leave him out for a while, u could advise him to place his shots but he might refuse the advice..............

No, he can't. You talk to a coach about PPM training on 12, they might advise against it but they can't actually say no. You can teach anyone any PPM, even if they hate you for it.

Pineapple Hero
25-12-2011, 12:49 PM
No, he can't. You talk to a coach about PPM training on 12, they might advise against it but they can't actually say no. You can teach anyone any PPM, even if they hate you for it.

ah sorry, i guess its changed on fm12, just got the game yesterday so not up to date with everything............