PDA

View Full Version : Van Persie

caswell1986
28-12-2011, 08:30 PM
So .....
im currently about to finish my first season as Arsenal manager.

Van Persie dispite having amazing stats has so far been injured for a total 6 months of my 8month season. and is now injured until the end of the season.

my question is.

has anyone gotten rid of him / sold him and survived to tell the tale given he is an Arsenal favourite??

i only ask as walcott Niang and the Olivereao (automatic signing from Wenger reign) seem to be improving fantastically along with Park and Chakmah as backups.

Lara
28-12-2011, 09:14 PM
I let him go on a free in FM11. Like you, I had better options up front. He went to France to play for OM and banged in about 10 goals a season for a three or four years. I signed him on a scout after he retired.

Be wary of injury prone players in FM12. This years version treats serious injuries very harshly in terms of lowering stats. I'd sell him off while he is still wanted by other clubs.

caswell1986
01-01-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm seriously considering it .. Walcott is in fine form and Chakmah and Park Chu Young are happy rotating ... I might even try and swap them for a better partner for Walcott and Niang .. Any suggestions ?

Lara
02-01-2012, 11:34 PM
No one player comes to mind. Are you using Gervinho at all? It might be wise to look at a "classic" winger rather than an inside forward.

Statzner
03-01-2012, 06:19 AM
I'm currently playing with Arsenal and while using 4-1-2-2-1, I have Arteta as a deep-lying playmaker in the MCL position and Ramsey/Badelj as advanced playmaker in MCR with Gervinho as an inside forward in the AMR position with Arshavin as an advanced playmaker in the AML position. van Persie is my complete forward and so far he has scored 17 in 19 games. Not bad. I guess.

Eazy-Duz-It
03-01-2012, 07:45 AM
I like Niang. Give him a go, he was excellent on 11 on my Fenerbache save.

caswell1986
06-01-2012, 09:18 PM
ive been subbing Niang in as sub striker or to rest Walcott if ive got a big match in a few days.

im playing a 4-4-2 with the two wingers as inside forwards, usually Giervano on the right and Benijuan/Arshavin on the left. im using Chamberlin as added cover for the right hand side if needed.

im considering selling Park in the summer as he seems to miss sitters alot that would finish a close game i feel.

im top at the moment so not doing too badly just a bit of a perfectionist.

id be interested in a more out and out winger for the right but at the moment Man City seem to be buying anyone and everyone.

RonDeLite318
18-01-2012, 03:23 AM
I guess I was really lucky with RVP in my Arsenal save...

http://i.imgur.com/64ojQ.jpg

His last two seasons for Arsenal was cut short from giving 2 amazing regens more playing time + a broken foot from international duty :panda:

He averaged 20 goals / 10 assists each season as a lone stiker [DLF(ATK)]

He could have played more matches in each season overall, but I am into giving young prospects a chance in "winnable games".

His 30+ goals in 11/12 season pretty much won the league for me in one of the closest title race I've experienced in this game

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595832151299288607/3612AEB8C710532C25566524449A5C0840F152D9/

But yes, like everyone else said it's best to move on a player who suffered a long (3+ month) injury.

Lara
18-01-2012, 06:38 AM
I think partial blame goes to those of us managing him. You certainly played him in fewer matches than I would have.

I tend to rely on my star players too much and don't give them matches off very often. With the huge impact injuries have now I need to consider changing my ways I suppose.