07-01-2012, 08:46 PM
I search for these players, at least once a month:
2 attributes: 14

Attributes:
Def: tackling, pace
MC: passing, workrate
AM: passing, creativity
Str: finishing, composure, pace
(for strikers, finishing should be 14, composure or pace can be 12, the other needs to 14)

I've never really trusted scouts massively. The only thing I find useful is the transfer fee I'll need to pay for players. However, it does seem that more players appear in my player searches when I've had scouts putting reports together, all over the world. Especially useful when looking for these youngsters.

For me, bringing a 15, 16 or 17 year old in and watching him become one of the best players in the game (the next Messi, etc) is extremely rewarding.

Does anyone else have any tips to find the young, top talent?

Arthur Two Sheds
07-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Any success with your formula?

efoster
07-01-2012, 09:46 PM
I did in FM2011 and I suspect it will work in FM2012.

In FM2011, I was signing 2-5 of these youngsters a season, and sticking them straight in my reserves. Then, after a couple of seasons, I'd bring 2 or 3 through to my first team. After about 6 seasons, I was only signing these youngsters.

I have to admit, I did pay a couple of extremely high fees for 16/17 years olds. I think I paid a couple of 20M+ fees to Italian clubs, but mostly I was paying 1-2M. I did sign some players that never really developed how I wanted, but probably 70% of my signings became top top players.

Tutoring is also important when working with these guys.

BundyBear
08-01-2012, 01:40 PM
i've picked up 4-5 future leading prem (according to 17/17 ass man) just on free transfer not bosmans, clubs seem to release quality talent for no reason

as long as scouts are thoroughly searching europe just go to free transfers and sort by potential can find some real steals, plus they dont ask for wages any higher than average youngsters so there is low risk

Playerslacker
10-02-2012, 03:28 PM
the young regens ect im seeing in this version of the game are the best iv ever seen in a FM game . hell on my leeds save i even got a 5 star and 3, 4 star potential kids recruited to my youth team by my staff .. how often did we see that in other versions ? . i would definatly go for the youth in this version , as the OP says some crazy kids out there that can save you a fortune

BundyBear
11-02-2012, 01:17 AM
would have to agree with that, actually starting to feel unrealistic got to stop myself buying all these talented youngsters as just feels wrong to be able to pick up 5 18 year olds who could just walk into my premier league winning team

Nimreitz
12-02-2012, 11:18 PM
If I want all the best regens I just use Genie Scout, but your way works too.

the young regens ect im seeing in this version of the game are the best iv ever seen in a FM game . hell on my leeds save i even got a 5 star and 3, 4 star potential kids recruited to my youth team by my staff .. how often did we see that in other versions ? . i would definatly go for the youth in this version , as the OP says some crazy kids out there that can save you a fortune

I haven't cheated to find regens in 12, and have heavily relied on scouting. And then I got offered a kid for 1m Euros by his agent I had never heard of... 5 star potential, already nearly as good as my best MC for my Serie A winning team. It was Arne Sauer, BTW, the guy in my info.

Red_Rasputin
10-04-2012, 12:21 PM
I've had quite a lot of success with bringing in regens, but it is a long process which will take about 3-5 years. I currently have arguably the best RB in the world, a CB keeping Agger out and a striker who is threatening to keep Leandro Damiao. Here is how:

1 - Get some good scouts. you want their Judging ability to be as high as possible but it is vital they are completely knowledgeable about the country they are getting sent to.

2 - Starting in Febuary, Send one each to England, France, Holland, Germany, Italy and Spain. Get them to search for players who are no older than 17. If you are managing an English team, don't even bother sending scouts to S.America, I cant get any work permits.

3 - Because of their knowledge, they will return with a report within a day or two. make a note of the 4 star or above players and immediately send your scouts out again. do this every week between Feb and May. You will eventually get a couple of 2 star players, when this happens give the scout a month off before sending him out again.

4 - Sign the as many of the top rated players you deem necessary and put them in you u-18 set up.

5 - You want the best youth set up possible, with as many 4-5 star coaches as possible. Get or create some simple training schedules, and assign players to these as soon as they are signed.

6 - Appoint a manager for your u-18 team. You want someone is is good working with youngsters. As I was Liverpool, I appointed Borrell.

7 - each year add a few new faces as and when necessary, repeating steps 2 - 4.

8 - appoint senior players to tutor the u18 team and focus on one specific aspect if necessary.

By doing this, the team knows how to play together and even when adding about 12 new players, my squad harmony stayed high.

aussielad
10-04-2012, 11:52 PM
I've had quite a lot of success with bringing in regens, but it is a long process which will take about 3-5 years. I currently have arguably the best RB in the world, a CB keeping Agger out and a striker who is threatening to keep Leandro Damiao. Here is how:

1 - Get some good scouts. you want their Judging ability to be as high as possible but it is vital they are completely knowledgeable about the country they are getting sent to.

2 - Starting in Febuary, Send one each to England, France, Holland, Germany, Italy and Spain. Get them to search for players who are no older than 17. If you are managing an English team, don't even bother sending scouts to S.America, I cant get any work permits.

3 - Because of their knowledge, they will return with a report within a day or two. make a note of the 4 star or above players and immediately send your scouts out again. do this every week between Feb and May. You will eventually get a couple of 2 star players, when this happens give the scout a month off before sending him out again.

4 - Sign the as many of the top rated players you deem necessary and put them in you u-18 set up.

5 - You want the best youth set up possible, with as many 4-5 star coaches as possible. Get or create some simple training schedules, and assign players to these as soon as they are signed.

6 - Appoint a manager for your u-18 team. You want someone is is good working with youngsters. As I was Liverpool, I appointed Borrell.

8 - appoint senior players to tutor the u18 team and focus on one specific aspect if necessary.

By doing this, the team knows how to play together and even when adding about 12 new players, my squad harmony stayed high.

Thats a damn good summery mate.

The only thing I would do different is to scrap all excess players from the first squad, and have the youths available for the res as well. This gives them a 2nd game each week, which at that age they should not have any issues handling, and it also is hugely beneficial for the tactical development.

Red_Rasputin
11-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks Aussielad. You are spot on with clearing the reserve squad, I done that to reduce my wage budget and noticed the youth players were playing the reserve games.

Playerslacker
25-04-2012, 04:09 AM

also make your u18 team available for reserve games .. speeds up there deveolpment ... and dont neglect turkey there producing some great regens on my game

once there 17 move em to the reserve squad and put em on a senior training schedule .. DO NOT loan then out till there 18 they get a nice boost to stats for that time .. once there 18 strt loaning em out .. try and get a feeder team in belguim .. and only loan em out for a member of the 1st team . if they say for cover say no they learn more in your reserve team

dalenichol
30-04-2012, 12:23 PM
That's a pretty good list there, but I must say that I disagree with the last part of point two.
To completely disregard South America or Africa for that matter, is a pretty poor decision. Whilst it's more difficult to get work permits for players, it's still more than possible, not to mention the amount of dual nationality players that turn up in these regions and by not even bothering, you could miss out on some fantastic talent.

It's also worth looking in nations such as Croatia and Denmark as they can produce some fantastic talent.

Here are a few examples of players found in some of the above mentioned nations/regens who all received work permits where applicable:

Jannik Bech: Denmarkhttp://gyazo.com/a4c29ccfde0ddac60bea7eb3cfeed6bd.png?1335784178

Kolawole Kinnouvo: Cameroon
http://gyazo.com/030b9d3aa8cc98310985757c23aa4e9e.png?1335784207

Zvonmir Vokuvic: Croatia
http://gyazo.com/9b99a52b4128d4651733a8780b3b46b4.png

Christian Napoli: Argentinian born, Italian Dual
http://gyazo.com/80d73e2415defb3b8d6111110fd53b18.png

craigy_rangers
01-05-2012, 01:57 PM

Just seen this and decided I would give it a go as its an area where I've always struggled...

I now have 3 excellent scouts who are very knowledgeable in Portugal and England... One of whom is Christian Karembeu who is just excellent with max knowledge in Italy, France and other top European countries...

Already I've had back an amazing looking 15 year old who is demanding a rotation spot and 11k per week! Having looked at him, he's worth it!