The Dugout Football Manager Community

Go Back   The Dugout Football Manager Community > The World Around > The Third Half

Notices

Old 27-08-2009, 01:55 AM   #201
Mahow
I can already taste those meaty leading man parts.
TD Member

Managing: Legia
Season: 2013/14
Division: Ekstraklasa
Position: 1
Star Player: Bakambu
Mahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud of

I was still hungry so went rooting around the kitchen but we're not fully stocked up so we're missing key components to complete a winning dish e.g. we have milk but no cereal, we have bread but no butter etc. After a few minutes I found a Chalwa bar which is some sort of sesame bar thing, I took about 3 bites and wasn't sure about it mainly because of the texture, another couple of bites and I finally decided it was shit and binned it.
Mahow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 01:56 AM   #202
SvN
has self re-cocking-spect
TD Member

SvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud of

Jam sarnie
SvN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 02:04 AM   #203
Taz
Luis Suarez's Lover
TD Member

Taz Taz Taz Taz Taz Taz Taz Taz Taz Taz Taz

I might hook myself up with some Philadephia on toast. I'm not particularly hungry but I need to start falling back into three meals a day so best to start force feeding myself.
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #204
The Bruce
I Believe in Eli!
TD Member

Managing: FC Koln
The Bruce is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bruce is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bruce is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bruce is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bruce is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bruce is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahow View Post
I had some vanilla ice cream with maple syrup.

I also put a few spoons in my glass of coke to make a float, it wasn't as good as I remembered
I did this with vanilla ice cream and Irn-Bru a couple weeks ago anticipating it to be as amazing as I thought it was as a child.

I too was disappointed.
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Sixth Round: lost 2-1 vs Elgin City (Maloney)

:face:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestHamGaz View Post
Least enjoyable FM for me ever, hopefully i'll finally have the sense to stop buying it.
The Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #205
Mazuuurk
Froglegg Fougassie
TD Member

Mazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to all

Quote:
I was still hungry so went rooting around the kitchen but we're not fully stocked up so we're missing key components to complete a winning dish e.g. we have milk but no cereal, we have bread but no butter etc. After a few minutes I found a Chalwa bar which is some sort of sesame bar thing, I took about 3 bites and wasn't sure about it mainly because of the texture, another couple of bites and I finally decided it was shit and binned it.
So you had about 5 to 6 bites of that tiny bar before tossing it away?

You must be a right nibbler
Mazuuurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #206
Raoul Duke
DEATH TO THE WEIRD
TD Member

Raoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud of

Ice Cream with Lemonade is the way to go
Old 27-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #207
Mahow
TD Member

Mahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud ofMahow has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
So you had about 5 to 6 bites of that tiny bar before tossing it away?

You must be a right nibbler
I restrain my bites if I'm trying something new, especially if it looks strange and the texture is a bit like cardboard.
Old 27-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #208
Mazuuurk
Froglegg Fougassie
TD Member

Mazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to all

Anyway, I ate one of those a while ago. I think.

Mom had some polish guests and they left her that stuff. Am I right thinking it tastes like a dry sort of crummy peanut-cake?
Old 27-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #209
Mahow
TD Member

Yeah and it has this weird syrup on the outside but it's really dry in the middle. It's strange.
Old 27-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #210
Sandman
Wants Coaching Role
TD Member

Sandman is a glorious beacon of lightSandman is a glorious beacon of lightSandman is a glorious beacon of lightSandman is a glorious beacon of lightSandman is a glorious beacon of lightSandman is a glorious beacon of light

Last nights snack didn't stop at Monster Munch. I also had a Calippo, 2 "magic sticks" (ice lollies), a Yazoo milkshake, and some wine gums.

I had the munchies, and frozen stuff always seems the best way to go when that happens.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #211
Wullie
Institutionalised
TD Member

Wullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond repute

Have you ever had greasy bacon and cheese in a sandwich and hated that all that bread was making you too healthy and maybe a little bit gay?

http://www.sogoodblog.com/2009/08/25/kfc-double/
Wullie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #212
Mazuuurk
Froglegg Fougassie
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvN View Post
Jam sarnie
Had a bit of orange marmelade with cheese sandwich yesterday. About 6 or them or so. Some with raspberry jam as well.

Wullie - Fucks sake
Old 28-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #213
FrancisWalsh
Buttmunch
TD Member

FrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud of

That looks amazing.
FrancisWalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #214
Mazuuurk
Froglegg Fougassie
TD Member

It looks absolutely horrifying, you fat american mongo.
Old 28-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #215
FrancisWalsh
Buttmunch
TD Member

FrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud of

How dare you call me American.
Old 28-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #216
Mazuuurk
Froglegg Fougassie
TD Member

Because you express liking for deep fried stuff with bacon and chemically contrued cheese replica texture. I thought "american" was an appropriate insult.
Old 28-08-2009, 09:59 AM   #217
FrancisWalsh
Buttmunch
TD Member

It's chicken. Almost good enough for one of your 5-a-day.
Old 28-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #218
Coyote of the Sea
Wants First Team Football
TD Member

Managing: Man City
Season: 2014/2015
Star Player: Aguero
Coyote of the Sea is on a distinguished road

i personally find Coke Floats to be meh.

What i do want to have though, is some coke and milk. Good shit
Coyote of the Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #219
Mazuuurk
Froglegg Fougassie
TD Member

What the fuck, you guys mix coke with stuff?

I can buy that you mix it with Rom, and I can understand that some mix it with Whisky or Jack Daniel's, although I sort of despise that, but I don't understand how you could possibly put Ice Cream and or Milk in coke? That's just vile.

Gigglypuff - Fried Chicken. Doesn't that seem to you like it is coming straight from fucking Alabama?
Old 28-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #220
Hulls Tiger
First Team Player
TD Member

Hulls Tiger is on a distinguished road

Oh my God, that double-down is one of the greatest pieces of art I've ever seen. It is far too unhealthy for me to ever eat. But wow.

In other news, I made a mushroom risotto yesterday and it was delightful.
Hulls Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #221
FrancisWalsh
Buttmunch
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
What the fuck, you guys mix coke with stuff?

I can buy that you mix it with Rom, and I can understand that some mix it with Whisky or Jack Daniel's, although I sort of despise that, but I don't understand how you could possibly put Ice Cream and or Milk in coke? That's just vile.

Gigglypuff - Fried Chicken. Doesn't that seem to you like it is coming straight from fucking Alabama?
Gigglypuff, I like it.
Nowt wrong with a bit of fried chicken every once in a while. If it comes straight from Alabama then we thank Alabama.
Old 29-08-2009, 01:19 AM   #222
Chinny Hill
Bertie MASSIVE
TD Member

Managing: Man United
Season: 2018
Division: Gone Bust
Position: NA
Star Player: All Fucked Off.
Chinny Hill is just really niceChinny Hill is just really niceChinny Hill is just really niceChinny Hill is just really niceChinny Hill is just really nice

A bowl of 7 Up topped with vanilla ice cream. Now that's orgasmic.
Old 29-08-2009, 01:23 AM   #223
Taz
Luis Suarez's Lover
TD Member

W0t??
Old 29-08-2009, 01:24 AM   #224
Chinny Hill
Bertie MASSIVE
TD Member

Managing: Man United
Season: 2018
Division: Gone Bust
Position: NA
Star Player: All Fucked Off.
Chinny Hill is just really niceChinny Hill is just really niceChinny Hill is just really niceChinny Hill is just really niceChinny Hill is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
W0t??
A wide(ish) glass with 7Up in and a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Cream soda mate.
Old 29-08-2009, 01:32 AM   #225
StuSimmy15
Hot Prospect
TD Member

Managing: Peterborough
Season: 2013/2014
Division: Championship
Star Player: Marco D'Amato
StuSimmy15 is on a distinguished road

Just had some Sticky Toffee Pudding, probably not the best time to have something so sweet and full of sugar, never mind.

Stand Free
StuSimmy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 01:33 AM   #226
Taz
Luis Suarez's Lover
TD Member

Is that what supermarket cream soda tastes like? I've never had it before tbh. But the idea of such a concoction does not sit well with me.
Old 29-08-2009, 01:34 AM   #227
FrancisWalsh
Buttmunch
TD Member

I still want that chicken thing that Wullie posted.

EDIT: Taz, Cream Soda is splendid.
Old 29-08-2009, 01:43 AM   #228
Mahow
TD Member

No, Cream Soda is fucking rank.
Old 29-08-2009, 01:44 AM   #229
FrancisWalsh
Buttmunch
TD Member

Thou ist incorrect.
Old 29-08-2009, 01:55 AM   #230
Lewis
Michael Moore
TD Member

Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeLewis has a reputation beyond reputeLewis has a reputation beyond reputeLewis has a reputation beyond reputeLewis has a reputation beyond reputeLewis has a reputation beyond reputeLewis has a reputation beyond reputeLewis has a reputation beyond reputeLewis has a reputation beyond reputeLewis has a reputation beyond reputeLewis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
TTH Awards: Best Poster TTH Awards: Funniest Poster TTH Awards:  Most Overrated TTH Awards: Most regressed (quality) poster 
Total Awards: 4

Ice cream floats are awesome. Not sure what Boydy is on about with his mixing two good things to make them crap. He took all the free time in the world and the ability to read and ended up with veganism, so he can shut the working half of his face.
Lewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 01:56 AM   #231
Vercetti
Footballing Icon
TD Member

Vercetti has much to be proud ofVercetti has much to be proud ofVercetti has much to be proud ofVercetti has much to be proud ofVercetti has much to be proud ofVercetti has much to be proud ofVercetti has much to be proud ofVercetti has much to be proud ofVercetti has much to be proud ofVercetti has much to be proud ofVercetti has much to be proud of

Quote:
No, Cream Soda is fucking rank.
epic fail, l0l.

=================D Rabbit

================D Hamster

==============================D Bat
Vercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 02:42 AM   #232
Bamster
Life begins at 40
TD Member

Managing: Dag&Red
Season: 09/10
Division: League 2
Position: 4
Star Player: Terry Dixon
Bamster is a name known to allBamster is a name known to allBamster is a name known to allBamster is a name known to allBamster is a name known to allBamster is a name known to allBamster is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercetti View Post
epic fail, l0l.
Agreed. Only the stuff ramped with 'Original USA cream soda' across it though!
:|
Bamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #233
Boydy
Didgeridoo
TD Member

Boydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to all

Lewis.
Boydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 02:57 AM   #234
Taz
Luis Suarez's Lover
TD Member

Two double egg toast sandwiches with chilli sauce. Two philadelphia toast sandwiches. This is my second meal of the day after my breakfast which came at 5pm. I'm going to die soon, I reckon.
Old 30-08-2009, 03:02 AM   #235
Toby
Stand Renamed In Honour
TD Member

Toby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond repute

Honey on toast. Set honey, obviously. Runny honey is shit.

British set honey, best in the World.
Toby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 03:03 AM   #236
Mahow
TD Member

I just had a bowl of Coco Pops, a slice of Spiderman cake from my Nephew's birthday party, a slice of Chocolate cake from my other Nephew's birthday, a mini cupcake from my Niece's birthday (One of my half-Sister's has a 3 year old boy and 1 year old non-identical twins who I've looked after overnight a few times) and I'm just about to have some 3 bean salad which I bought from Sainsbury's earlier.
Old 30-08-2009, 03:04 AM   #237
Boydy
Didgeridoo
TD Member

Boydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to allBoydy is a name known to all

Bean salad isn't going to make up for all that cake.
Old 30-08-2009, 03:06 AM   #238
Mahow
TD Member

They weren't massive slices, they were like slithers and the little cup cake was one of those shitty tiny ones which you buy a packet of mix and you make it yourself.

Edit: Oh and it's three bean salad.
Old 30-08-2009, 07:13 AM   #239
Shindig
Got Milk?
TD Member

Managing: Spurs
Season: 2016-2017
Division: Premiership
Star Player: Giani Pazzini
Shindig has much to be proud ofShindig has much to be proud ofShindig has much to be proud ofShindig has much to be proud ofShindig has much to be proud ofShindig has much to be proud ofShindig has much to be proud ofShindig has much to be proud ofShindig has much to be proud ofShindig has much to be proud ofShindig has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Special Achievement Award 2012 
Total Awards: 1

Chinny eats after dark. This is about as surprising as finding out mountains are large.
Shindig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #240
Hulls Tiger
First Team Player
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
Chinny eats after dark. This is about as surprising as finding out mountains are large.

Who doesn't? Late night scoffing is amazing.
Old 30-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #241
FrancisWalsh
Buttmunch
TD Member

That wee oven tray of bhajis and samosas from Lidl is top gear at night too.
Old 30-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #242
Hulls Tiger
First Team Player
TD Member

Any tray of samosas and bahjis are good at night.
Old 30-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #243
Mahow
TD Member

I'm not too keen on Bhaji's, Samosas on the other hand are awesome.
Old 30-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #244
mf phonics
I'm an excellent driver
TD Member

mf phonics has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wullie View Post
Have you ever had greasy bacon and cheese in a sandwich and hated that all that bread was making you too healthy and maybe a little bit gay?

http://www.sogoodblog.com/2009/08/25/kfc-double/
Only sold in the southern states (surprise, surprise)
Old 30-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #245
Boydy
Didgeridoo
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
That wee oven tray of bhajis and samosas from Lidl is top gear at night too.
Yes!
Old 30-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #246
FrancisWalsh
Buttmunch
TD Member

There's something else comes with them now too isn't there? They look like the Bhajis but I can't think of the name.

The ones out of my local Indian are unreal good too (Bhaji that is).

Gonna have a go at making my own this evening. There's so many differing recipes out there (regarding the spices) that I don't know what to put in them.
Old 30-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #247
Mahow
TD Member

The one's from my local are worse, I bought one once and it was way too greasy, better flavours but it was like a tap when I bit into it.
Old 30-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #248
ScousePig
Not actually a pig. Or Scouse.
TD Member

ScousePig has much to be proud ofScousePig has much to be proud ofScousePig has much to be proud ofScousePig has much to be proud ofScousePig has much to be proud ofScousePig has much to be proud ofScousePig has much to be proud ofScousePig has much to be proud ofScousePig has much to be proud ofScousePig has much to be proud ofScousePig has much to be proud of

Pakora's?
ScousePig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #249
Boydy
Didgeridoo
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
There's something else comes with them now too isn't there? They look like the Bhajis but I can't think of the name.

The ones out of my local Indian are unreal good too (Bhaji that is).

Gonna have a go at making my own this evening. There's so many differing recipes out there (regarding the spices) that I don't know what to put in them.
It's just bhajis and samosas, is it not? Eight of each, I think.

I got some bhajis from Tesco the other day which were pretty superb. Own brand, from the fridge section with six in a clear plastic tray.
Old 30-08-2009, 02:29 PM   #250
FrancisWalsh
Buttmunch
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
Pakora's?

Don't think they are, although I love chicken or mushroom pakora's.
Maybe they don't do them any more or it was the one in Lidl down south I'm thinking of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
It's just bhajis and samosas, is it not? Eight of each, I think.

I got some bhajis from Tesco the other day which were pretty superb. Own brand, from the fridge section with six in a clear plastic tray.
Aye I was going to mention them too. They are really nice, as are Sainsbury's ones too. Very similar, I'd say that the same company make them for both supermarkets.

The Dugout Football Manager Community > The World Around > The Third Half

Tags
fruit-based wrongness