The Dugout Football Manager Community

Go Back   The Dugout Football Manager Community > The World Around > The Third Half > Gamezine

Notices

Old 18-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #9151
Danny
Due For Testimonial
TD Member

Danny is a name known to allDanny is a name known to allDanny is a name known to allDanny is a name known to allDanny is a name known to allDanny is a name known to allDanny is a name known to allDanny is a name known to allDanny is a name known to all

That Mascherano is going to be mental.

Arshaving being good again

Second IF Evans too, shame hes still only up to 79, even with a second one.

Honours:

Spoiler:

2015: League One Champions
2022: League Cup Winners
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #9152
Laurent Robert
Key Player
TD Member

Laurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant future

Evans hasn't had one this year.
Laurent Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #9153
Danny
Due For Testimonial
TD Member

Danny is a name known to allDanny is a name known to allDanny is a name known to allDanny is a name known to allDanny is a name known to allDanny is a name known to allDanny is a name known to allDanny is a name known to allDanny is a name known to all

I could have sworn he got one the week he scored against Wolves

Guess not

Honours:

Spoiler:

Old 18-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #9154
Angel Di Mahowia
Now with added Club Sauce
TD Member

Managing: Legia
Season: 2013/14
Division: Ekstraklasa
Position: 1
Star Player: Bakambu
Angel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich12 View Post
TOTW link. http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-u...#Id8sIWDRbdmNh

On an unrelated note, I bought TIF Nene last night and he is incredible. His stats are surely some of the best on the game.
That Moses looks pretty good, other than that there's nothing for me
Angel Di Mahowia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #9155
Angel Di Mahowia
TD Member

Angel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud ofAngel Di Mahowia has much to be proud of

That Evans IF will go for barely anything as he's surely a shoe-in for a Most Improved TOTS.
Old 18-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #9156
Laurent Robert
Key Player
TD Member

Laurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant futureLaurent Robert has a brilliant future

Aye, pretty lame TOTW, really. There's been quite a few good ones lately*, so can't really moan.

*not that I've used any of the fuckers, but they look good.
Old 18-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #9157
M H C
Promising Youngster
TD Member

Managing: Vigor Lamezia
Season: 2016/17
Division: Serie B
Position: 6
Star Player: G. Zamagna
M H C can only hope to improve

Will probably give Arshavin a shot. I imagine the good silvers will be bordering on unaffordable, Vaz Te particularly.
M H C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #9158
dancemag
Top Notch Talent
TD Member

dancemag is just really nicedancemag is just really nicedancemag is just really nicedancemag is just really nicedancemag is just really nice

Made a team of prem informs

http://futhead.com/12/squad/489428

Sigurosson = Finesse Shot & Long shot taker.
dancemag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #9159
Angel Di Mahowia
TD Member

Pogrebnyak looks pretty shit. He's not really good at anything (based on card stats).
Old 18-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #9160
7om
Key Player
TD Member

7om has much to be proud of7om has much to be proud of7om has much to be proud of7om has much to be proud of7om has much to be proud of7om has much to be proud of7om has much to be proud of7om has much to be proud of7om has much to be proud of7om has much to be proud of7om has much to be proud of

For the first time in probably 10 years, I lost my rag over a game, last night.

The guy I came up against on UT had one of those super teams. It was something like...

Casillas, IF Alves, Pique, Motta, IF Marcelo, Iniesta, Fabregas, Xavi, Messi, Rooney, Aguero

He brought Ronaldo off the bench. I was leading one-nil (IF Zigic) against the little cunt aswell before he proceeded to rape me 7-1. Just for good measure, he sent me abusive messages after the game, so I replied telling him to "go and do your homework".

Last edited by 7om; 18-04-2012 at 04:26 PM.
7om is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #9161
SvN
has self re-cocking-spect
TD Member

SvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud of

My Prem IF team, although pretty shortlived, wasn't too bad really. Sessegnon was surprisingly good, and SIF Ramires was an absolute beast.
SvN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #9162
SvN
has self re-cocking-spect
TD Member

SvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud of

There's nothing more classless than sending gloating messages after winning. Bad losers are bad enough, but bad winners are just cringeworthy.
SvN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #9163
Danny
Due For Testimonial
TD Member

Valencia bought for 76, sold for 87.

Will do nicely.

Honours:

Spoiler:

Old 18-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #9164
John
Omnishambles!
Administrator

Managing: Rangers
Season: 16/17
Division: Scotch Premier
Star Player: Leonardo Capezz
John has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond repute

That Bas Dost will be good. 94 shooting.

IF Tevez will be in my side within a fortnight. He needs to be, the standard one is amazing.
John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #9165
Waffelz
Isco Fan Boy
TD Member

Waffelz has disabled reputation

Made a team with Eto'o and Kerzhakov. Brilliant so far.

"Don't be a lemon, be a RoseBud!"
Waffelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #9166
Laurent Robert
Key Player
TD Member

Disc has been repaired, will be putting it to the test in a hour. Exciting shit, my friends.
Old 18-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #9167
Waffelz
Isco Fan Boy
TD Member

Waffelz has disabled reputation

Brilliant \o/

"Don't be a lemon, be a RoseBud!"
Waffelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #9168
dancemag
Top Notch Talent
TD Member

dancemag is just really nicedancemag is just really nicedancemag is just really nicedancemag is just really nicedancemag is just really nice

I purposely went for lesser used/cheaper IFs, trying odemwingie up to as well. Tell you what though, NIF Bendtner is actually amazing.
dancemag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #9169
Randy Marsh
Promising Youngster
TD Member

Randy Marsh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
Any Serie A/B gems I should be on the look out for? Been playing this new 4.5* tournament with an Italian team. Team's a mixed bag but it's kinda fun.

Tempted to go for Zlatan as he looks immense.
I've got team with a few Serie B players in it. Bianchi and Rivas are players you should get. Rivas is Argentine and might not fit into your team but he is quality.

Foggia, Pasquato and Ogbonna are all good aswell.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-u...#jBAAftQwbdm4m
Randy Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #9170
Bulfin
Due For Testimonial
TD Member

Managing: Saarbrücken
Season: 2024/2025
Division: Bundesliga
Bulfin is just really niceBulfin is just really niceBulfin is just really niceBulfin is just really niceBulfin is just really nice

I missed that RD post. I can only speak for Bronzes/Ogbonna but Russotto is class. He's a CF and has 4* skills. The bronze wingers are quite good too but the silver ones are probably better.
Bulfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #9171
Laurent Robert
Key Player
TD Member

Oh how I've missed playing against a 5 at the back, ultra defensive bastard.

Had a couple of really fun games prior to that, to be fair and I felt like the unintentional break had worked wonders, but after that piece of shit match, it's all come flooding back.
Old 18-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #9172
Laurent Robert
Key Player
TD Member

Opened a pack to celebrate the disc fixing.

Got Robert Green. 15k
Old 18-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #9173
Raoul Duke
DEATH TO THE WEIRD
TD Member

Raoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulfin View Post
I missed that RD post. I can only speak for Bronzes/Ogbonna but Russotto is class. He's a CF and has 4* skills. The bronze wingers are quite good too but the silver ones are probably better.
Can't find Russotto. Do you mean Rosina?

EDIT: nevermind. Realised he's a bronze.

I bought Verratti as well. Mainly because he's shit hot on FM
Old 18-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #9174
Angel Di Mahowia
TD Member

Might buy these 2 teams:

http://www.futhead.com/12/squad/515686

Senegalese Bronze/Silver team, bit gay that the only keeper they have is a bronze and the only decent right back is a bronze but Diouf and Babacar look like a beastly partnership.

http://www.futhead.com/12/squad/516021

The pace is just

Can see why LR spends so much time building squads, it's infuriating but so much fun.
Old 18-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #9175
Laurent Robert
Key Player
TD Member

It's got to the point where building squads has become my daily sudoku puzzle. Just set some annoying parameters and fiddle away.

Why does EVERYONE I play go ultra defensive
Old 18-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #9176
Randy Marsh
Promising Youngster
TD Member

Randy Marsh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulfin View Post
Russotto is class. Giacomelli, Mustacchio and Capuano are good for my bronze side aswell.
Randy Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #9177
rich12
First Team Player
TD Member

rich12 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent Robert View Post
It's got to the point where building squads has become my daily sudoku puzzle. Just set some annoying parameters and fiddle away.

Why does EVERYONE I play go ultra defensive
I'm getting the point where I enjoy making the teams more than playing. I've built a great French/Ligue 1 gold team, but I've had so many frustrating games and failed to score in 3 of the last 4 games, even with SIF Menez, SIF Ben Arfa, UP Benzema and TIF Nene. It's crazy, albeit the game I did score in I got 11 goals.

The SIF Dempsey Hybrid team seems to work better for some reason.
rich12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #9178
Laurent Robert
Key Player
TD Member

I'm already sacking it off for a film.

It seems that one in five games is actually enjoyable, open stuff, the rest are just turgid encounters against defensive guff, which is just a chore to play against. Win, lose, or draw, it's just dull as fuck.
Old 19-04-2012, 12:04 AM   #9179
Angel Di Mahowia
TD Member

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultima...#gCG3htCibdm99

Just played my first online match with these chaps and I recorded my biggest online win on a FIFA game \0/. Hammered the guy I was playing 8-2 and it should have been so much more. Was like men against boys.
Old 19-04-2012, 12:09 AM   #9180
rich12
First Team Player
TD Member

rich12 will become famous soon enough

Thought of a potential hybrid to make it bit more fun - http://www.futhead.com/12/squad/516911.

Check out the team ratings too.
rich12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #9181
Angel Di Mahowia
TD Member

I just love Angbwa's picture, always makes me smile

Another game and a 5-0 win. Feels like cheating going up against other bronze sides.
Old 19-04-2012, 12:30 AM   #9182
Danny
Due For Testimonial
TD Member

looks exactly like that

Honours:

Spoiler:

Old 19-04-2012, 12:49 AM   #9183
Angel Di Mahowia
TD Member

I spoke too soon, far, far too soon

Just came across someone with a pacey American side who was actually a good player. Banner, Nyarko, Fucito and Oduro just tore me to absolute shreds.
Old 19-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #9184
TTGB
Top Notch Talent
TD Member

TTGB is on a distinguished road

So something yesterday that I haven't seen before. Was playing an online game and when I got to the opposition screen instead of the date that team was created it said FUT founder, he must have been from EA. He was a brilliant defender but pace abused and played 1-2s all game. Lost 2-1
TTGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #9185
Raoul Duke
DEATH TO THE WEIRD
TD Member

Raoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTGB View Post
So something yesterday that I haven't seen before. Was playing an online game and when I got to the opposition screen instead of the date that team was created it said FUT founder, he must have been from EA. He was a brilliant defender but pace abused and played 1-2s all game. Lost 2-1
FUT Founder is just if you've been playing it from one of the first incarnations or something. Nothing more.
Old 19-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #9186
TTGB
Top Notch Talent
TD Member

TTGB is on a distinguished road

Ah right
TTGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #9187
Angel Di Mahowia
TD Member

Aye, teams that were created during the first year it came out which was 09 I think.

I'm a founder too.
Old 19-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #9188
Gooneroo
Wants First Team Football
TD Member

Gooneroo can only hope to improve

I only had the game since last year and I'm a FUT founder.
Gooneroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #9189
Boom-Boom
First Team Player
TD Member

Boom-Boom is a jewel in the roughBoom-Boom is a jewel in the roughBoom-Boom is a jewel in the roughBoom-Boom is a jewel in the rough

How do head to head seasons work? I've only just started playing them and am in division 10. Is it one team up every season, how many games do you have to win roughly?

Will be nice to see how far I can get.
Boom-Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #9190
Andy
Cheeky Chipmunk
TD Member

Star Player: Kris Commons.
Andy is just really niceAndy is just really niceAndy is just really niceAndy is just really niceAndy is just really nice

If you're any good you'll fly up the leagues really quickly.

I've barely played h2h and I'm I'm league two.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #9191
Raoul Duke
DEATH TO THE WEIRD
TD Member

Anyone want to buy a 3-4-1-2 Gareth Bale or Yaya Toure? (Xbox). Can't shift them for shit
Old 19-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #9192
Laurent Robert
Key Player
TD Member

Now the disc has been resurrected, I'm finally making the effort to sell all of the crap in my club. Currently up to 300k, reckon I'll get close to 400k, which is pretty much twice as much as I thought I had sitting around.

Doing it a league at a time somehow seems less painful than just going through every single player in order of rating.
Old 19-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #9193
Raoul Duke
DEATH TO THE WEIRD
TD Member

Got any decent Serie A/generally good players Samad?
Old 19-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #9194
Laurent Robert
Key Player
TD Member

Probably nothing much useful now, as I started off selling from the highest rated players, so pretty much anyone really good has already been sold (I'm down to 82 as the highest rating).

Although I have just noticed that I have an AC Milan Taiwo in there, if you fancy that.

If you want non rares though, I've got fucking millions.
Old 19-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #9195
Angel Di Mahowia
TD Member

It really is shit selling mountains of crap in your club. I remember when I had about 300 players in mine which needed to be sold, was torture and I'd probably still have them if it wasn't for the web app.
Old 19-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #9196
Laurent Robert
Key Player
TD Member

I'm almost glad that it wasn't happy hour when I did my pack opening. I had over 800 players from the standard packs, fuck knows where I'd be at if I was opening player packs.

No idea what I'm going to do with the coins, but SIF Ben Arfa will be involved.
Old 19-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #9197
Angel Di Mahowia
TD Member

Wait until TOTS and get someone amazing?
Old 19-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #9198
Bamster
Life begins at 40
TD Member

Managing: Dag&Red
Season: 09/10
Division: League 2
Position: 4
Star Player: Terry Dixon
Bamster is a name known to allBamster is a name known to allBamster is a name known to allBamster is a name known to allBamster is a name known to allBamster is a name known to allBamster is a name known to all

How do you lot get so many coins? I hardly ever have over 10k, and I need a few to get Tevez that I really want yet Sama sells some shit from his squad and gets 300k.

I've even considered buy some coins from ebay but im worried its a scam.
Bamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #9199
Laurent Robert
Key Player
TD Member

I'll probably end up spunking all the coins during TOTS, aye. Need something to keep me going until then, though.

UP Suarez looks pretty damn good, the goofy cunt.
Old 19-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #9200
Weaver
Due For Testimonial
TD Member

Weaver is just really niceWeaver is just really niceWeaver is just really niceWeaver is just really niceWeaver is just really nice

The offline Stoke season is going good, now.

Huth demanded a transfer, he went and I've replaced him with Craig Cathcart. I've also swapped to 4-3-3. Begovic; Simpson, Warnock, Woodgate, Cathcart; Davis, Guthrie, Whitehead; Pennant, Etherington; Crouch.

Won some and lost some, rather than drawing them all, and now I'm 16th with 14 games to go.
Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote

The Dugout Football Manager Community > The World Around > The Third Half > Gamezine

Tags
fmahowslife