The Dugout Football Manager Community

Go Back   The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2012

Notices

Old 07-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #101
The_Dizzster
Da Dizz
TD Member

Managing: Newcastle
Season: 23/24
Division: Premier League
The_Dizzster has a spectacular aura aboutThe_Dizzster has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
They're both pussies. You need 15+ in:

Aggression
Work Rate
Stamina
Strength
Bravery
Tackling

...in my book. Ideally good natural fitness and anticipation too.

They could do the job, but there must be some sort of 6'7", 15st MAN BEAST lurking around somewhere.
The only player that fits that criteria is Franco Razzotti and has spent his time with Velez and Rapid Buc. before going to San Lorenzo.

There's little to no regens available and my other option would be Neustadter but he's getting good game time at Frankfurt and I doubt he'd jump to us as it's more of a sideways move.

Might drop the search if nothing else comes up and just play Yahiaoui as an attacking minded CM but it might waste him a little.

Newcastle United Honors:
Spoiler:

Premier League: 2023
League Cup: 2016, 2018
FA Cup: 2019
Community Shield: 2019, 2023
The_Dizzster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #102
The_Dizzster
Da Dizz
TD Member

The_Dizzster has a spectacular aura aboutThe_Dizzster has a spectacular aura about

Right, here's another dilemma. I ditched my ultra-attacking formation idea when I found Ernesto Torres of Boca. According to my leading scout he'd set me back £10.5M, and I have £12M as my budget. A front three of him, Mbaye Niang and Lapa would probably improve us quite a bit.

He definitely looks the fit for £10M, but how high would you go? He's been at Boca since 12/13 and I doubt they'd let him go easily after scoring 17 in 19 last season.

Newcastle United Honors:
Spoiler:

Old 07-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #103
Pokerface
I'll poke her face, et.

Pokerface is a name known to allPokerface is a name known to allPokerface is a name known to allPokerface is a name known to allPokerface is a name known to allPokerface is a name known to allPokerface is a name known to all

Some of his mental attributes let him down a little but he looks the type to score all types of goals. Explosive speed, strong in the air, great movement and most importantly the ability to find the back of the net.

£13M would be my highest bid.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #104
Guido
Forza Fortuna!
TD Member

Guido is a name known to allGuido is a name known to allGuido is a name known to allGuido is a name known to allGuido is a name known to allGuido is a name known to allGuido is a name known to allGuido is a name known to all

Awards Showcase
Beste CM/FM’ert 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfc2k6 View Post
That's signing players based on statistics alone isn't it? For example, signing a winger as he has the highest number of crosses attempted/completed?

If it's what I think it is, this is what brought Liverpool to buy Downing and Henderson. Hopefully it's better in FM!
Key stats for the position a player had, yeah. Like interceptions for a defensive midfielder or crosses completed for a winger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewnaldo View Post
Forza had a thing about it in one of his games a while ago... I think it was Benfica but I'm struggling to remember.

Wasn't so much based on just stats though, was targetting key attributes such as anticipation for centre halves and placing more emphasis on them than traditional ones such as height and strength.
That's not quite what I mean, Moneyball focusses on key statistics for a specific position.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #105
Shrewnaldo
Inventor of TDPL
TD Member

Managing: Rapid Wien-AUT
Shrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
That's not quite what I mean, Moneyball focusses on key statistics for a specific position.
Yeah I know what you mean about Moneyball but, and I'm just doing this from a rather hazy memory, I think Forza tried to extend it to include key attributes from outside those normally considered due to the relative lack of statistics available in-game (compared to ProZone / opta / etc).

Follow me on Twitter

FM Veteran - an addict's ramblings on FM in blog form

There's nothing common about sense, nor anything conventional about wisdom
Shrewnaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #106
Gray Fox
Top Notch Talent
TD Member

Managing: expectation.
Gray Fox is just really niceGray Fox is just really niceGray Fox is just really niceGray Fox is just really nice

Have to say I've never tried it. I usually bring in my own scouts and then trust them 95% and have a good look over their attributes myself.

Then I decide if it's a goer or not
Gray Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #107
Bulfin
Due For Testimonial
TD Member

Managing: Saarbrücken
Season: 2024/2025
Division: Bundesliga
Bulfin is just really niceBulfin is just really niceBulfin is just really niceBulfin is just really niceBulfin is just really nice

I've thought about doing a game using moneyball but it would require me to sign established players, which I rarely do, and it would also require a lot of leagues to be loaded so you get 'true' stats for a lot of players.
Bulfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #108
ezkalan
Decent Youngster
TD Member

Managing: FC Bayern
Season: 2015-2016
Division: First Division
Position: 3
ezkalan is on a distinguished road

In the past couple of years in my save I've been buying quite a lot of young talents as they come through the game, and with a couple of them on loan I'd never realized how many I had. Looking at it now I find that I have a couple too many centerbacks and am considering selling some, raising some money in preparation of building a new stadium. I already have a rough idea on who's leaving and who's staying but I was hoping to get a second opinion here.

Tom Baker

One of the member's in my first team last season, labelled as wonderkid when he was 19. Good in the air and grabs quite a few goals from set-pieces.

Stephan Esser

My other main CB last season, he's got great stats all around but his jumping stats let him down somewhat.

Natan

My rotation CB last season, labelled wonderkid when he was 19. Also great in the air.

Martin Schroder

Missed part of last season due to injury but played well when called upon.

Luca Fiorini

Had a great season out on loan at Blackpool last season, winning the FA cup there.

Oliver Mazel

Also on loan last season, had a decent season at Malaga.

Primo

Was once first-choice, now has been struggling in competition with others for a place.

So these are the players I have, who would you guys keep and sell, and how much would you sell them for?
ezkalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #109
Gray Fox
Top Notch Talent
TD Member

Managing: expectation.
Gray Fox is just really niceGray Fox is just really niceGray Fox is just really niceGray Fox is just really nice

Sell Natan, Mazel and Primo.

All 3 of those players should be considered back up for the others, yet they are on higher wages than your 2 starting centre backs.

Could do with freeing up the money and wages and spend in other areas/youth.
Gray Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #110
ezkalan
Decent Youngster
TD Member

Managing: FC Bayern
Season: 2015-2016
Division: First Division
Position: 3
ezkalan is on a distinguished road

sold natan, hes now at man city at 215k a week
fiorini got sold by my chairman
ezkalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #111
Forza
Chievo Vaffanculo!
TD Member

Managing: Dortmund
Season: 2012/13
Position: 1
Star Player: Fernandinho
Forza is a splendid one to beholdForza is a splendid one to behold

Evening lads I have a situation in my save at the moment that you may be able to help with.

I'm at the start of my 2025/26 season with Ajax with a largely home grown team. As a whole my squad is well covered but I identified a medium term need in the defensive midfielder position - I play with three.

I've used my normal filters to identify two targets but I can't decided which to take - or whether to take both!

Damiano Ferri - Ferri will cost me a relatively cheap £10M from Bayern with a contract agreement already in place for a £40K per week deal with appearance fee of £7K. His personality is listed as model professional although any tutoring options will be mitigated by his PPM's, argues with officials and dives into tackles.

Andre Rodriguez - Is four years younger than Ferri which is why I've considered taking them both. He will cost £7.5M and has agreed a £15K per week deal. He's ambitious and doesn't have any PPM's yet which makes me feel he's a perfect base to build on.

Money is no real issue but I have a number of home grown players in this position that are developing and have potential. What do you guys think?
Forza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #112
Nick
Journeyman
TD Member

Nick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to all

What a decision to have to make.

What do your scouts say about Rodriguez? How many stars of potential does he have left in him?

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I'll have £50 with you that United finish above Liverpool next season?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiff View Post
Go for it. I expect it to be relatively close between 3rd and 7th.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #113
Pokerface
I'll poke her face, et.

Pokerface is a name known to allPokerface is a name known to allPokerface is a name known to allPokerface is a name known to allPokerface is a name known to allPokerface is a name known to allPokerface is a name known to all

Ferri every day of the week.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #114
Forza
Chievo Vaffanculo!
TD Member

Quote:
What a decision to have to make.

What do your scouts say about Rodriguez? How many stars of potential does he have left in him?
My scouts rate his CA as 2* and his PA 4*. As I said he has the base of a player that could be special whilst Ferri is already the finished product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerface View Post
Ferri every day of the week.
The immediacy is tempting. I played the whole of last season with a 16 year old in that position. Whilst he was superb and will become brilliant I'm wary of putting too much pressure on.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #115
Vim
Thom E. Gemcity
TD Member

Star Player: Simone Pepe
Vim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to all

As you say, Ferri is already a finished product. His passing, teamwork and creativity are higher, albeit by little, so he should be the better playmaker. He is also better going forward than Rodriguez, so that might help, though that is really depending on how you set up your defensive midfielder.

If your DMC runs a lot though, Rodriguez's awesome stamina would be of great help.

"At Juventus winning is not important, it's the only thing that counts." - Giampiero Boniperti
Vim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #116
Nick
Journeyman
TD Member

Nick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
My scouts rate his CA as 2* and his PA 4*. As I said he has the base of a player that could be special whilst Ferri is already the finished product.
Rodriguez then. He'll be better than Ferri when he reaches 22. Depending on how you want him to to play, the dives into tackles PPM also goes against Ferri.

Spoiler:
Quote:
I'll have £50 with you that United finish above Liverpool next season?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiff View Post
Go for it. I expect it to be relatively close between 3rd and 7th.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #117
The_Dizzster
Da Dizz
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerface View Post
Some of his mental attributes let him down a little but he looks the type to score all types of goals. Explosive speed, strong in the air, great movement and most importantly the ability to find the back of the net.

£13M would be my highest bid.
Got him for £11.75M and he's pretty much transformed my attacking mentality; we can go out into every game now and score goals and pretty much every player can find the back of the net. Scored 7 in 7 in the Bundesliga and can't even speak German yet

Forza: How does the 16 year old compare to Ferri and Rodriguez in terms of potential? If he could be better than them both I'd go for Ferri, as he can come in and make an immediate impact whilst your other prospect improves and to put it simply, he's an excellent player anyway.

Newcastle United Honors:
Spoiler:

Old 12-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #118
Forza
Chievo Vaffanculo!
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vim View Post
As you say, Ferri is already a finished product. His passing, teamwork and creativity are higher, albeit by little, so he should be the better playmaker. He is also better going forward than Rodriguez, so that might help, though that is really depending on how you set up your defensive midfielder.

If your DMC runs a lot though, Rodriguez's awesome stamina would be of great help.
The defensive midfielders neither run far nor do they attack all that much. My system is very much based on possession though which is where the passing and teamwork certainly come into it.

Quote:
Rodriguez then. He'll be better than Ferri when he reaches 22. Depending on how you want him to to play, the dives into tackles PPM also goes against Ferri.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dizzster View Post
Got him for £11.75M and he's pretty much transformed my attacking mentality; we can go out into every game now and score goals and pretty much every player can find the back of the net. Scored 7 in 7 in the Bundesliga and can't even speak German yet

Forza: How does the 16 year old compare to Ferri and Rodriguez in terms of potential? If he could be better than them both I'd go for Ferri, as he can come in and make an immediate impact whilst your other prospect improves and to put it simply, he's an excellent player anyway.
That's actually a point I hadn't considered.

Dirk Kole

He has the same CA and PA ratings as Rodriguez and is already looking special. I have one or maybe two players in the youth team that can play in the DM role but I have a system that I'm trying to stick too.

Decision time has come now. I'm leaning towards signing both and seeing how Rodriguez comes on. The only stumbling block is his fee since if I have to sell him on I can't see the profit margin being all that high.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #119
Vim
Thom E. Gemcity
TD Member

Star Player: Simone Pepe
Vim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to all

I'd get Ferri and keep developing Kole who looks a good prospect, if you can get his teamwork up.

"At Juventus winning is not important, it's the only thing that counts." - Giampiero Boniperti
Vim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #120
Shrewnaldo
Inventor of TDPL
TD Member

Managing: Rapid Wien-AUT
Shrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of light

Ferri for me. His first touch, technique and decisions will come in handy for that role. He's also still young enough that you can make a significant profit once Kole gets to 20 / 21.

Also, with your standing in the game you should have an outside chance of getting a decent coach to get him to "unlearn" that PPM.

Follow me on Twitter

FM Veteran - an addict's ramblings on FM in blog form

There's nothing common about sense, nor anything conventional about wisdom
Shrewnaldo is offline   Reply With Quote

The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2012