The Dugout Football Manager Community

Go Back   The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2007

Notices

Old 24-04-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
shevelevee
Trialist
TD Member

shevelevee is on a distinguished road

Post Conditions in FM2007.

Conditions in FM2007 (Maks, shevelevee, fmfan.ru). Translated from Russian. sorry for mistakes, sorry for bad English, bit this arcticle is very interesting

For last week at our forum has arisen not one theme with questions of stability of performances of skills, unexpected recessions in game and questions of rotation in a team. In this article I shall not concern tactics and a moral condition of a team which too can lead to recession in game of a command. I shall consider training process and a physical condition of players.
I shall begin with that I shall tell from what the physics of the player consists. The first, as we see in the game, refers to it Condition, disorder from 1 % up to 100 %. Also, there are latent characteristics which we shall look by FMM. Fitness (further fitness), changes from 1 up to 10 000, Jadedness (further the weariness), is limited by numbers-1000 - +1000, the more, the worse and Match exercise (further match experience), can change from 1 up to 10 000, are hidden from our look

Condition
As I already spoke, it is a unique visible numerical parameter of readiness of the player to a match. It is measured in percentage. It is not complex to assume, that conditions develop from hidden skills. As it has appeared not from all three, but only from fitness and match experience. In a proportion 86 to 14. For example, at the maximal fitness in 10 000 and match experience only 6 000, conditions will be 94 %. By the way I likely have deceived you, conditions not unique visible skill when we play a match at the player not conditions constantly decrease, and figures close to fitness. You I think noticed that when the match comes to an end, the final whistle is distributed and at all players only won back match figures of conditions of that were visible during a match increase. There is a recalculation fitness + match experience.

Match exercise
One of making conditions. Very interesting skill. Changes depending on lead time for a field, namely +12 for every minute, and for a match of 1070 units. To tell the truth, there were no matches with additional time, whether that it will check up to increase in extra times, but I can precisely tell, that time added by the arbitrator to times is not considered. If the player has played a match in current of 7-8 days match experience does not decrease (if after that the player does not play), then it starts to decrease for a day losing 74-82 items. The size lost match experience causes skills player Natural Fitness. The more skill, the fewer players lose. Here so.
2 - 94
4 - 92
6 - 88
8 - 86
10 - 84
12 - 82
14 - 80
16 - 78
18 - 76
20 - 74
The first are skills, the second are points of falling.
Will fall match experience not infinitely and at all up to unit, and up to the minimal value established besides Natural Fitness.
1 - 5100
10 - 6000
15 - 6500
20 - 7000
The first skill, second minimally possible value match experience at such skill. I shall remind, that at the best readiness on skill fitness, but not having game practice, the player cannot act on 100 %.

Fitness
Second constituent of conditions. If we look at correlations of fitness and match experience (86 by 14), it is possible to draw a conclusion, that this skill far more important, than experience. He changes from 1 to 10 000. Diminishes during matches and at traumas, in other time increased. Thus increased always on the defined value, set programmers beforehand, unconnected not with one player skills. Approximately it takes a place whew.
9900 - 56
9800 - 73
9700 - 112
9100 - 112
8750 - 290
8500 - 520
8000 - 520
7000 - 750
2000 - 995
1000 - 1300
The first is the size of the fitness, the second increase a day.
The truth it is necessary to tell, that playing players, instead of sitting on a bench, increase fitness absolutely under other formula. To trace it was not possible, and if fairly that it simply very long and tiresomely. But these figures approximately in 1, 5 - 2 times more resulted in the table. As an example, the player of the basic structure who only has won back the next match increases the fitness so
9875 - 100
9700 - 175
9500 - 200
9300 - 200
From this table it is visible, that with quite good stamina (namely it defines fitness in a match) for full restoration 5-6 days is necessary for the player. If games go in 3 days fitness falls.
In the experiment, I did 4 identical players who played on different positions (МС-2 and MRL). Players similar on positions lose about identical quantity of fitness. Extreme halfbacks run more and accordingly lose more, and get tired it is more. Different matches on heat and complexities reduce fitness on a miscellaneous.

Jadedness
And here this skill defines weariness of the player. For a match the player gets approximately 45-50 units, the quantity is defined by a position of the player on a floor and probably tactical installations. Defenders lose less, attacking it is more. Goalkeepers so in general lose only 15 points. The player can receive more points if has been traumatized or even simply painful impact. Increases and if to be exact decreases since positive value is angrily, and than it is better than themes less. And so, for a day it changes on-6 at any player. That you would not do with trainings or skill players-6 is a constant. This skill in the answer for recession of a command in the middle of a season, well or the end. It based on the lead research imho. Leaders of a command who play without replacements quickly enough reach value in 250 point () and start to play not stably, and after 300-from recession begins. To a word, 351 weariness and in a structure of the player appears an inscription «Rest is necessary."

Trainings
Well, and that trainings are asked by you. Yes anything, they do not influence in any way a physical condition of players. They answer only for skills. Therefore do pre-season, do not do, all is uniform. By the way and rest can leave for something another, but only not for conditions, it too in any way will not change them.

Conclusions.
As always will make and all of us with pleasure we shall discuss them with you directly in this theme.
Personally I have very much surprised, that restoration of fitness and conditions does not depend from player's skills. That there is no communication with trainings. Well also that rotation vital and only it can help to avoid recessions in game of a command. Theoretically, it is possible to calculate approximately when this or that player need a rest and approximately to develop as well as whom to replace.
shevelevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
furtherado
Banned
Banned

furtherado is on a distinguished road

Yeah, but have you got a sweaty monkey?

P.S No idea what you're on about.
furtherado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 06:28 PM   #3
Obamert
Liberal Progress

Obamert is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
TTH Awards: Most Consistently Dense TTH Awards: Worst Poster 
Total Awards: 2

I would love to see someone translate that correctly, as it seems to be quite interesting

Nothing to it but to do it

Obamert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 07:52 PM   #4
Haz
TD's Favourite Ginger
TD Member

Haz has disabled reputation

My head hurts.

I tried my best, I really did. But it made about as much sense as David Pleat's pronounciations.
Haz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 08:42 PM   #5
JimmytheBlue
Head of CTU
TD Member

Managing: Stalybridge
Season: 2010/11
Division: BSP
JimmytheBlue is on a distinguished road

Interesting but too many big words...my head hurts...need asperin...

Mezzocorona 3/11/08 - 15/2/09
Stalybridge Celtic 3/3/09 - Present

Honours:

Blue Square North 2008/09
FA Challenge Trophy 2009/10
JimmytheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 10:23 PM   #6
CedricRules
Ti si govno...
TD Member

Managing: FK Sarajevo
Season: 09/10
Star Player: Alen Skoro
CedricRules is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz
My head hurts.

I tried my best, I really did. But it made about as much sense as David Pleat's pronounciations.

"Chebomba"

Ein Verein ohne Herz. Ihr seid nur Kommerz
CedricRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 10:27 PM   #7
shevelevee
Trialist
TD Member

once again, sorry for my bad English
Old 24-04-2007, 10:33 PM   #8
Joe Joe
Keeps it in the family
TD Member

Managing: Mellin's Mum
Star Player: Mellin's Mum
Joe Joe is an unknown quantity at this point

"I compare him to the incomparable George Best"

Fucking hate Pleat.
Joe Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 11:54 PM   #9
Okay_Amigo
Lewis' biggest fan
TD Member

Okay_Amigo is just really niceOkay_Amigo is just really niceOkay_Amigo is just really niceOkay_Amigo is just really niceOkay_Amigo is just really nice

I tried, I really did.....

Okay_Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 12:07 AM   #10
Dj_Luca
First Team Player
TD Member

Dj_Luca is a name known to allDj_Luca is a name known to allDj_Luca is a name known to allDj_Luca is a name known to allDj_Luca is a name known to allDj_Luca is a name known to allDj_Luca is a name known to all

Does seem interesting. A little confusing, but I get the gist of it.
Old 25-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #11
O'B
The next Zola!
TD Member

O'B is on a distinguished road

nice try mate, i dont think i do any where near that good in russain!

david pleat last night he said

Man Utd could do with getting another goal, this was when they were 2 - 1 down, no shit sherlock
Old 25-04-2007, 03:31 PM   #12
henners
Decent Youngster
TD Member

henners is on a distinguished road

A quick re-write of the original post, this is my own interpretation of what he said, without some of the numbers.

1. A player's condition (what we see in game) is linked to the hidden stats of fitness and match exercise, which can be viewed in FMM.

2. The amount by which a player's condition changes is mostly determined by fitness (86% of the influence), and more minorly by match exercise (14% of the influence).

3. Match exercise is out of 10000 points. Players gain 12 points of match exercise for every minute played, giving 1070 points for a 90 minute match. The point stay the same for a week after the match and then drop at a rate determined by the player's natural fitness, the higher this is the slower match fitness is to fall.

4. The more important part of player condition is fitness. This increases by a pre-defined amount depending on the level it is already at, increasing faster in players with low fitness, and the final few percent of fitness being slower to gain. It is also out of 10000, if a player has 1000, they increase by over 1000 a day, but if they are already at 9000 they can only gain around 100 points a day.
It is likely that other facors like stamina, and the tactic being used, and the amount of work a player does also impact on the changes during a match. Also in times of injury or absence from training the stat goes down.

5. So what does this mean? This seems to suggest that natural fitness is les important than rest time for keeping a player in good condition, but that players with good stamina and natural fitnes will be in beter condition for longer than others.

6. Jadedness is another hidden factor seen in FMM. It is unrelated to stats and defines the player's need for a rest. It increases every day of the season by 6 points, players in a match will gain 30-50 points depending on how hard they work, goalkeepers only 15 points. If it reaches +250 training and performance may begin to suffer, if it is over 300, he suggests that this may be responsible for the mid season training slump. If it reaches 351, the message 'in need of a rest' appears.

7. Training does not appear to influence fitness in any way, therefore pre-season training for increasing fitness may not be nescesary (although it may improve stats)

I think that is more or less what the post said, though if anyone else has a different interpretation of it, feel free to post it up!
henners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 03:38 PM   #13
Oliseh
Midfield General
TD Member

Managing: Tottenham
Season: 11/12
Division: Premiership
Position: 2
Star Player: Dawson
Oliseh is on a distinguished road

Kudos to the OP for the theories, and to Henners for the explanation, which makes somewhat sense.

Still having a hard time figuring out, what the interesting conclusions one can draw from this are? Ie. what new is there to incorporate into your rotation-policy, training-regimes etc?
Oliseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #14
O'B
The next Zola!
TD Member

O'B is on a distinguished road

nice post henners
Old 25-04-2007, 05:22 PM   #15
shevelevee
Trialist
TD Member

thank you Henners
Old 26-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #16
henners
Decent Youngster
TD Member

henners is on a distinguished road

I assume the main thing to take from this is that you should be able to approximately guess when your players are going to become jaded and start rotating your squad more to avoid this, and maybe avoid the slump in training.
What the original post doesn't say is how jadedness is reduced in the game, is it holidays, or the end f season break, or is there any other way to reduce jadedness mid season?
It also shows that the intensity of your training schedule has no impact on how quickly a player returns to top condition after a match or coming back from injury.

It also seems to suggest that natural fitness is not as important a stat as stamina for keeping your players match fit.
henners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #17
shevelevee
Trialist
TD Member

also I can say that we don't need pre-season trainig as IRL. Pre-season trainig shedule is only the safe method to improve fitness skill, but on appearances of team they do not render any influence.

ps. also we have interesting article about scoting in game, but I am already afraid to translate it)))
Old 26-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #18
Charlie
Indispensable To The Club
TD Member

Charlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shevelevee
also I can say that we don't need pre-season trainig as IRL. Pre-season trainig shedule is only the safe method to improve fitness skill, but on appearances of team they do not render any influence.

ps. also we have interesting article about scoting in game, but I am already afraid to translate it)))
haha so you should be! shevelevee tolstiy gomik !! (hows my russian?)
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 04:42 PM   #19
shevelevee
Trialist
TD Member

Quote:
tolstiy gomik
bad russian))))
Old 26-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #20
Oliseh
Midfield General
TD Member

Managing: Tottenham
Season: 11/12
Division: Premiership
Position: 2
Star Player: Dawson
Oliseh is on a distinguished road

Thanks again Henners, that makes sense. Sounds like I already act on those dynamics, although not as exactly calculated as with the theories.

Good post in general, learned something new for once.
Oliseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #21
richo
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Managing: Man City
Season: 09/10
Division: Prem
Position: 1s
Star Player: Elano
richo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz
My head hurts.

haha very good, i guess im not the only ones that noticed
richo is offline   Reply With Quote

The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2007