The Dugout Football Manager Community

Go Back   The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2009

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-11-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default Lorenzo's 45 Minute Wonder 442 Tactic!!

Well, I spent 45 minutes trying to perfect a tactic, using theorums and frameworks from sigames forums.

UPDATE: FOR VERSION 2.0 OF THIS TACTIC FOR PATCH 9.20 FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW

http://www.thedugout.tv/community/sh...41#post2142341

Important: This is a tactic that is for a team that has good technical players and will get your superstars to play. If you are Hull or a mid-lower division team, using this tactic might not be in your best interests. If you are a team with good players and would usually be on top in a game IRL, this tactic is for you.

|EDIT: Make sure you pick a big pitch when your groundsman asks for pitch alterations. Also, when playing away, take a look at the oppositions pitch, if it is a small pitch (congested), Take the width down to 1 notch below half and put the TEMPO on full!

NEW Tactic TIPS!
If the team you are playing have a pitch width of 68m or below, then bring the width down to 1 notch below half and but 3 more notched on the tempo.

Opposition Instructions: This is what I do, Midfielders to Attackers, including Wingbacks. I do everything to them, weaker foot, harder tackles and closing down always and tight marking. I do this for players on the bench also! For the defenders and goalkeeper, MAKE sure you put closing down as always, depending on who you are playing, you might want to show the right back and left back onto weaker foot, incase you play chelsea and they overlap with a cross ball.
|

LATEST NEWS

Second Season Complete
With many thanks to my tactic, I have won everything, except the Charity Shield, LOL

By the way, I cannot stress enough how important a player in the team is that has 20 for free-kicks!

Super Cup
World Club Championship
FA Cup
Carling Cup
Champions League
English Premier League

Below shows the Final standings and Manager overview and team selection. It seems I can pretty much buy anyone I wish, Fabregas would come to me now, Messi even! Steven Gerrard is a no go though, he just hates us too much.







Old1st Season UPDATE: Well, with my 45 minute wonder tactic, throughout the firstseason at Man Utd. I have managed to record a historic treble!

To Summarise my trophys:

Premier League
Champions League
FA Cup
European Super cup
World Club Championship
Charity Shield

This tactic is world-class

Here is my final league position, followed by the overview screen, team selection screen and fixture list.











Now I am going to enjoy my success and try and bring Kaka to Man Utd, he is interested just need to sort out a fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I have come up with, a tactic that closely resembles the playing style at Man Utd, with quite a bit of success.

I have professional manager experience on the new user setup, if that is the reason I am getting good results then so be it but here is the tactic.



Above is the team layout. Try and get the most like for like player for each position.

GK: Strong Goalkeeper always essential.
DL: You need a LB that is very good, can distribute the ball or dribble it. The GK is setup to pass it to the LB to start attacks.
DR: A good RB always essential, if your RB is better than your LB, then set the GK to roll/kick the ball out to him instead.
DC: Decent amount of Acceleration and pace, Marking, Tackling, Heading all important stats, as you would make sure its a decent DC
DC: Same as the previous.

MC(d): This is the guy that lies infront of the back 4, giving your defenders an escape route and the bridge to midfield. Strength, passing, tackling, Marking all needed, I would suggest Lassana Diarra or Angelo Polombo if we are talking about perfect stats for this position.
MC(a): This is the midfielder that creates things, he will make sure he gets forward when youhave the ball, hit long rangers but most importantly, be the heartbeat in every attack. Fabregas is perfect for this, Anderson is good and Beckham is immense, just to give you a bit of relation to the stats needed.
MR: Right winger with a free role, beats players, does his own thing, provides assists, make sure you have a good right winger, speed is essential! Dribbling is also a good stats
ML: same as MR really.

SC(d): This is the striker that has a free-role, needs good stats, he will keep your forward supplied with chances. He is a bridge between midfield to Attack, you need to make sure he has good all round stats. Use Rooney as a template, but Strength is essential here as well as Creativity and Passing.

SC(a): The guy that will score your goals, Acceleration is a good stat but can be done with players that don't have great acceleration (like berbatov). Will get good amount of goals.

If your strikers are having a 5, then don't sub them, give them time. The out and out striker might have a 5 until he scores, but he will get chances. OBviously, your the manager, if you want to sub the Striker for someone on the bench that is like for like then do it.

This tactic won't work if your players don't have faith in you as a manager.






I have lost 3 times with this tactic and drawn twice. All these results were away from home and I had a man sent off -> Injured down to 10 men each time. When it has been 11 v 11, I haven't lost a match.

Update:

I am at Christmas time and here is a look at my fixtures so far and league table.





Also DOWNLOAD -> http://files.filefront.com/Lorenzo+4.../fileinfo.html

Last edited by mesce; 02-01-2009 at 05:24 PM.
mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
misterfranky
Trialist
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Almere, The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4
 
Managing: Notts County
Season: 2013/14
Division: Premier League
Position: 8
Star Player: Lionel Messi
misterfranky is on a distinguished road

Default

Dude.... David Beckham back at United? That'll be the day...
misterfranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterfranky View Post
Dude.... David Beckham back at United? That'll be the day...
Got him for free and he has the perfect stats, as well as being a Man Utd legend.
mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 08:08 PM   #4
elmagicoss
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Alkmaar
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 90
 
elmagicoss is on a distinguished road

Default

I will try this tatic with my AZ squad, i'll let you know how it goes
__________________
AZ ALKMAAR!
elmagicoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #5
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmagicoss View Post
I will try this tatic with my AZ squad, i'll let you know how it goes
Thanks, I am still going strong with it.
mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #6
123renegade123
Rolling Contract
TD Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 21
 
123renegade123 is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesce View Post
Got him for free and he has the perfect stats, as well as being a Man Utd legend.
woah, how did you manage to get him on a free?!
123renegade123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 09:24 PM   #7
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123renegade123 View Post
woah, how did you manage to get him on a free?!
la galaxy release him on a free, I have MLS selected but I dont know if that is the reason they release him.
mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #8
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default

At the moment, I have used this tactic all season. I am at 29th of April 2009, in the final of the Fa Cup, Semi Finals of the European Cup and top of the league. When I finish the season I shall post up my records and stats
mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 07:48 PM   #9
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default

UPDATE: Well, with my 45 minute wonder tactic, throughout the season at Man Utd. I have managed to record a historic treble!

To Summarise my trophys:

Premier League
Champions League
FA Cup
European Super cup
World Club Championship
Charity Shield

This tactic is world-class

Here is my final league position, followed by the overview screen, team selection screen and fixture list.









Now I am going to enjoy my success and try and bring Kaka to Man Utd, he is interested just need to sort out a fee
mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 07:51 PM   #10
branyik
Trialist
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: England
Posts: 3
 
branyik is on a distinguished road

Default

your name is still at the bottom of the screens mate
branyik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 08:07 PM   #11
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by branyik View Post
your name is still at the bottom of the screens mate
Ah, bollocks to it. I shall just have to get ready for any murderers. Thanks for letting me know though.
mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #12
get yourself up...
Trialist
TD Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5
 
get yourself up... is on a distinguished road

Default

just about to give this tactic a go for myself as it seems to be very successful for you mesce!!!
get yourself up... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #13
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by get yourself up... View Post
just about to give this tactic a go for myself as it seems to be very successful for you mesce!!!
A guy over at sigames forums has said for him using red star it has worked wonders so far
mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 11:34 PM   #14
get yourself up...
Trialist
TD Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5
 
get yourself up... is on a distinguished road

Default

have to say so far so good. since using this tactic i have won my first 3 games including the charity shield. so am very pleased. good work mesce!
get yourself up... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #15
LeroySlimer
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 73
 
Managing: Tottenham
Season: 2012
Division: Premiership
Position: 2
Star Player: Sakho
LeroySlimer is on a distinguished road

Default

will give it a shot as spurs and report back
LeroySlimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 12:20 PM   #16
RVallant
Promising Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 219
 
RVallant is on a distinguished road

Default

Will also give it a shot.
__________________
Older than the admins =p. I hardly stick around regulary anymore.

Qualified Referee - 9th season ^_^ Welsh League now based in Cardiff

Very old author of the Swansea years - In retirement from the whole manager stories.
RVallant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #17
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default

Thanks for trying the tactic out guys

A lot more people over at Sicommunity are saying wonderful things about it as well as someone over at Pesfan forums which is my local forum they are loving it as well.

Don't forget, the more players you sign, the more have to blend into the squad. When players are blending in and trying to gel, it is said you won't get the best out of your players until the whole team has gelled. Just a heads up

Also if they lose confidence in your ability to manage. Which can happen if you start on semi professional or Amateur or Sunday league, then it also won't work.
mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #18
severino
Trialist
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Portugal
Posts: 2
 
severino is on a distinguished road

Default

Really enjoy the flowing real football of your tactic.
Problem is i think the free role striker doesn't work very well, since he seems to get lousy ratings.

I'm trying this tactic on my inter squad. the midfield plays very well, but the free role striker (i've played ibrahimovic, pandev and balotelli) never gets it going.

could it work with the same instructions you use for the attacking striker?
does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm asking only because i don't really know much of how these affect the playing style in fm2009...

thanks man. And keep it up!
severino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 08:33 PM   #19
RVallant
Promising Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 219
 
RVallant is on a distinguished road

Default

By the way is this formation using the Tactical frameworks and things from WWFan (and Fm-Britain)?

I never got any of their theoretical and "proven" tactics to work, so if you have based it off them you've done for me what they couldn't, produced a consistent tactic.

Basically I won all the friendlies, including a 2-1 victory over Ajax. Nothing too fancy obviously.

Premiership fixtures just started.

Against Blackburn, we stomped ahead 4-0 quite quickly (one missed penalty too) but obviously needs a bit of tightening in the back as we dropped 2 goals 4-2 for full time.

Against Aston Villa - didn't seem to work. Might be the team talk, 2 chances 2 goals though rest of the game didn't even show up in the hightlights, boring to watch I suppose.

So far looks good though(like you, Man Utd is my team), I *might* try it on my Chester game to see how the game handles it at league 2, but we'll see as I'm doing quite well with Chester and don't want to muck things up yet! I'll keep you updated if I do.
__________________
Older than the admins =p. I hardly stick around regulary anymore.

Qualified Referee - 9th season ^_^ Welsh League now based in Cardiff

Very old author of the Swansea years - In retirement from the whole manager stories.
RVallant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 08:51 PM   #20
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by severino View Post
Really enjoy the flowing real football of your tactic.
Problem is i think the free role striker doesn't work very well, since he seems to get lousy ratings.

I'm trying this tactic on my inter squad. the midfield plays very well, but the free role striker (i've played ibrahimovic, pandev and balotelli) never gets it going.

could it work with the same instructions you use for the attacking striker?
does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm asking only because i don't really know much of how these affect the playing style in fm2009...

thanks man. And keep it up!
Ah, thats because you need a striker that is an (FC) rather than a ST. If a forward is an FC it means they can play a free role as well as an out and out striker.

So I would suggest go and get an FC, to work in the free role striker. It won't work withoutm it im afraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVallant View Post
By the way is this formation using the Tactical frameworks and things from WWFan (and Fm-Britain)?

I never got any of their theoretical and "proven" tactics to work, so if you have based it off them you've done for me what they couldn't, produced a consistent tactic.

Basically I won all the friendlies, including a 2-1 victory over Ajax. Nothing too fancy obviously.

Premiership fixtures just started.

Against Blackburn, we stomped ahead 4-0 quite quickly (one missed penalty too) but obviously needs a bit of tightening in the back as we dropped 2 goals 4-2 for full time.

Against Aston Villa - didn't seem to work. Might be the team talk, 2 chances 2 goals though rest of the game didn't even show up in the hightlights, boring to watch I suppose.

So far looks good though(like you, Man Utd is my team), I *might* try it on my Chester game to see how the game handles it at league 2, but we'll see as I'm doing quite well with Chester and don't want to muck things up yet! I'll keep you updated if I do.
Yeah it was on WWfans frame works and theorums over at sigames. I had a read and tried to get something working. I didnt agree with everything, but most things I did.

Keep me updated how it goes, in my second season I lost the Charity shield but since then I am unbeaten and drawn only once, with 10 men
mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #21
severino
Trialist
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Portugal
Posts: 2
 
severino is on a distinguished road

Default

But i am using an FC (Ibrahimovic or Pandev). Still, it feels as he is underproducing...
severino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #22
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by severino View Post
But i am using an FC (Ibrahimovic or Pandev). Still, it feels as he is underproducing...
Hmm, I can see your point. I sometimes get poor ratings with Rooney, but if I leave him on the whole match, he usually produces a goal or an assist and gets a 7.
mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 07:16 AM   #23
LeroySlimer
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 73
 
Managing: Tottenham
Season: 2012
Division: Premiership
Position: 2
Star Player: Sakho
LeroySlimer is on a distinguished road

Default

Great tactic just not sure its the right one for spurs. They are not technical enough. Especially for the longer passes.

Although i did win uefa cup and 3rd in the league. But i only used it for the last 7-8 games
LeroySlimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 09:42 PM   #24
emresomer
Trialist
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Istanbul
Country: Turkey
Posts: 1
 
Managing: Sariyer
Season: 2008-2009
Division: Turkish Sc Div.
Position: 2
Star Player: Gökhan Çakir
emresomer is on a distinguished road

Default

I used the tactic on Sariyer, a Turkish second division side and it seems that it will work well.
emresomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 04:14 AM   #25
M2K
Trialist
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1
 
M2K is on a distinguished road

Default

Did the Treble with Liverpool. Great tactic, thanks!
M2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #26
sasquatch77
Trialist
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: England
Posts: 8
 
Managing: Newcastle Utd
Season: 16/17
Division: Prem
Star Player: Steve Flood
sasquatch77 is on a distinguished road

Default

This tactic is working great for me at Hartlepool. Went from 12th at christmas to finish 5th.
sasquatch77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #27
Meldal
Trialist
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2
 
Managing: Rushden & D
Season: 2
Division: Division 2
Position: 15
Meldal is on a distinguished road

Default

Am managing Rushden & Dimonds.

I was not expecting promotion in first season since i media prediction was 11th place, but i managed to finish 2nd in BSP and only 3 points away from the nr 1 spot. Got promoted after the playoffs

This tactic did me very good, thank you for putting it here.

Only changes i made to the squad when starting was i got 2 players on loan, and now that im in league 2 i have only added a DC and a ST to the squad and i am doing enough to avoid relegation with this tactic.
Meldal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #28
tjiube
Trialist
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Hague
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5
 
Managing: Hoffenheim
Season: 3th
Division: Bundesliga
Position: 2
Star Player: Renan
tjiube is on a distinguished road

Default

Works great with my AZ Alkmaar game , i have a winning streak of 9 at the moment!
tjiube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 05:02 PM   #29
TTGB
Top Notch Talent
TD Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Country: Wales
Posts: 3,305
 
TTGB is on a distinguished road

Default

Looking at giving this a go. Which attacker is (d) and which one is (a)??? Right or left? ALso i noticed the strikers swap with each other is this correct? Playing with Man Utd
TTGB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 05:59 PM   #30
rafael
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Singapore
Posts: 118
 
Managing: Blackpool
Season: 11/12
Position: 2
Star Player: Xherdan Shaqiri
rafael is on a distinguished road

Default

no offence but this tactic is total bull shit...it screwed up my network game
rafael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 06:11 PM   #31
BrOxIbEaR
Rolling Contract
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Londonderry, Northern Ireland
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 22
 
BrOxIbEaR is on a distinguished road

Default

it's not doing it for me either, and i am man u, might have a go at franky's tactic.
BrOxIbEaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #32
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2K View Post
Did the Treble with Liverpool. Great tactic, thanks!
Thanks, keep me updated with your second season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch77 View Post
This tactic is working great for me at Hartlepool. Went from 12th at christmas to finish 5th.
Glad to hear it is working well for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldal View Post
Am managing Rushden & Dimonds.

I was not expecting promotion in first season since i media prediction was 11th place, but i managed to finish 2nd in BSP and only 3 points away from the nr 1 spot. Got promoted after the playoffs

This tactic did me very good, thank you for putting it here.

Only changes i made to the squad when starting was i got 2 players on loan, and now that im in league 2 i have only added a DC and a ST to the squad and i am doing enough to avoid relegation with this tactic.
Sounds like much success. I only ever really meant for it to work with big teams, but it is nice to see it working well with lower teams also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjiube View Post
Works great with my AZ Alkmaar game , i have a winning streak of 9 at the moment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTGB View Post
Looking at giving this a go. Which attacker is (d) and which one is (a)??? Right or left? ALso i noticed the strikers swap with each other is this correct? Playing with Man Utd
The one with the lower mentality, is the (d) one. They don't swap positions with each other, maybe you have a different tactic or it hasnt downloaded correctly?

Left forward is the A one and you want the guy who can finish to be there. The one on the right is the more footballing of the forwards that can pass and play as a Free-role = fc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael View Post
no offence but this tactic is total bull shit...it screwed up my network game
Must be something of your own doing, your the only one.
mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #33
Robbo1222
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Warszawa
Country: Poland
Posts: 58
 
Managing: Everton
Season: 1st
Division: English Premier
Position: 8
Star Player: Mikel Arteta
Robbo1222 is on a distinguished road

Default

Don't listen to those idiots calling this tactic bullshit mate. Always sceptical when people post their perfect 'tactic'. Currently using this as Wisla Krakow. Given myself a harder challenge of only using and buying Polish players and despite a severely weakened squad with offloading my better foreign players, only lost 1 in 10 and 4th in Division with this tactic.

Testaments speak for themselves, clearly works for many people with Top teams and Lesser teams also.
Robbo1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 09:45 PM   #34
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo1222 View Post
Don't listen to those idiots calling this tactic bullshit mate. Always sceptical when people post their perfect 'tactic'. Currently using this as Wisla Krakow. Given myself a harder challenge of only using and buying Polish players and despite a severely weakened squad with offloading my better foreign players, only lost 1 in 10 and 4th in Division with this tactic.

Testaments speak for themselves, clearly works for many people with Top teams and Lesser teams also.
Ah, I am happy to see that it is working good for all types of managers. I didn't mean for this to become a "perfect" tactic but the achievments people are having with this tactic with many different teams, do seem to be very positive

Edit: I have fixed the first 4 screenshot thumbnails, when clicked they should lead to a bigger picture of my achievements

Last edited by mesce; 23-11-2008 at 09:55 PM.
mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #35
RVallant
Promising Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 219
 
RVallant is on a distinguished road

Default

Well, I've had mixed success on getting it to perform. When it works it's fine, Middlesborough are doing my head in at the moment as they've drawn 1-1 with me. *tuts*

Also a defeat to Chelsea 0-1 but I'm not fussed about that, it is after all, Chelsea.

I've decided I have to ask you for team-talk advice as I'm 85% sure that it's the team-talk that is getting in the way of the performances and not the tactic itself. I've deleted the file anyhoo to start a new one, a proper game so to speak.

So I may run with this again, I've got several save files in place so I don't have to do too much running back and forth. The good news though, regardless of teamtalk your tactic saw me beat Schalke and Porto quite easily, whereas other tactics I'm testing have seen me get thumped and I mean proper thumped by them (0-2, 1-3 respectively...)
__________________
Older than the admins =p. I hardly stick around regulary anymore.

Qualified Referee - 9th season ^_^ Welsh League now based in Cardiff

Very old author of the Swansea years - In retirement from the whole manager stories.
RVallant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #36
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVallant View Post
Well, I've had mixed success on getting it to perform. When it works it's fine, Middlesborough are doing my head in at the moment as they've drawn 1-1 with me. *tuts*

Also a defeat to Chelsea 0-1 but I'm not fussed about that, it is after all, Chelsea.

I've decided I have to ask you for team-talk advice as I'm 85% sure that it's the team-talk that is getting in the way of the performances and not the tactic itself. I've deleted the file anyhoo to start a new one, a proper game so to speak.

So I may run with this again, I've got several save files in place so I don't have to do too much running back and forth. The good news though, regardless of teamtalk your tactic saw me beat Schalke and Porto quite easily, whereas other tactics I'm testing have seen me get thumped and I mean proper thumped by them (0-2, 1-3 respectively...)

Hmm, are your players happy with you and/or have you signed anyone and they are blending into the team?

Anyway, matches I think I should easily win, I say to the team, you can win this. The ones when I play Chelsea, Arsenal etc. I say Wish luck. At half time, I either pick you only need one more goal or you can win this.

If you use expect a performance on the attacking forward, they usually get a goal, but this could be a coincendence.
mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 10:22 PM   #37
Adzy_27
Trialist
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 2
 
Adzy_27 is on a distinguished road

Default

hi mesce,

you stated in your 1st post: "when playing away, take a look at the oppositions pitch, if it is a small pitch (congested), Take the width down to 1 notch below half and put the TEMPO on full!|


in what terms do you call a pitch small and therefore need to do the tweak you said?
i am just about to play portsmouth and there pitch is length -101m, width - 68 would you say that it small?

also can you tell me why you put the tempo to full when doing this tweak, i can understand you lowering the width.

not trying to fault your tactic it seams like its doing well, just want to get it clear what i am supposed to do

keep up the good work!
Adzy_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #38
RVallant
Promising Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 219
 
RVallant is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzy_27 View Post
hi mesce,

you stated in your 1st post: "when playing away, take a look at the oppositions pitch, if it is a small pitch (congested), Take the width down to 1 notch below half and put the TEMPO on full!|


in what terms do you call a pitch small and therefore need to do the tweak you said?
i am just about to play portsmouth and there pitch is length -101m, width - 68 would you say that it small?

also can you tell me why you put the tempo to full when doing this tweak, i can understand you lowering the width.

not trying to fault your tactic it seams like its doing well, just want to get it clear what i am supposed to do

keep up the good work!
Having said that why not just upload a second varient of your tactic called "4-4-2 Narrow pitch" for everyone?
__________________
Older than the admins =p. I hardly stick around regulary anymore.

Qualified Referee - 9th season ^_^ Welsh League now based in Cardiff

Very old author of the Swansea years - In retirement from the whole manager stories.
RVallant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 01:05 AM   #39
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVallant View Post
Having said that why not just upload a second varient of your tactic called "4-4-2 Narrow pitch" for everyone?
I shall get to work on that tactic I want it to be as good as this one though.
mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 03:15 AM   #40
DarkStarr
NUFC
TD Member
 
DarkStarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Newcastle
Country: England
Posts: 1,013
 
Managing: Newcastle Utd
Season: 2010/2011
Division: Premiership
Position: 1
Star Player: Marquinhos
DarkStarr is an unknown quantity at this point

Default

Well done for creating this tactic.

I absolutely love this version, but its been a bit of a struggle creating a tactic, which was making me not enjoy the game as much as i could.

I've tried all the other tactics, without success, until this one. slowly my team are starting to get used to it, and are still gelling as a team, as i bought a lot of players since my Newcastle take over *man city type spending*

Jonas in particular is thriving. just my last game he took the ball on the half way line and dribbled past 5 players, then slotted the ball into the bottom corner.

I have a request though.... could you take a quick look at my squad, and tell me who you think would be ideal for particular positions, and who wouldn't.
My concern is with my central midfield *attack* and FC and ST

Would Fernandez and Wagner be suitable for the cm position? or could i perhaps drop the defensive midfielder to DM, and push either fernandez or wagner*depending who i play* up to a AMC position? or would this ruin the tactic? i do have 3 natural central midfielders too.


I'm not sure if any of my forwards are suitable for the free role position either. my forwards are........ Owen, Cardozo, Balotelli, Guilherme, Keirrison, and Aquino


My squad
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...tteamsquad.png

My central midfielders who i bought for the future.
Carlos - http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ras/Carlos.png

Mascio - http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ras/Mascio.png

Matt Smyth - http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g.../MattSmyth.png
DarkStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 10:32 AM   #41
Adzy_27
Trialist
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 2
 
Adzy_27 is on a distinguished road

Default

mesce, so with your success with united did you do the away tweak for the small pitch every time?

also can you explain why you put tempo on full?
Adzy_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 12:04 PM   #42
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStarr View Post
Well done for creating this tactic.

I absolutely love this version, but its been a bit of a struggle creating a tactic, which was making me not enjoy the game as much as i could.

I've tried all the other tactics, without success, until this one. slowly my team are starting to get used to it, and are still gelling as a team, as i bought a lot of players since my Newcastle take over *man city type spending*

Jonas in particular is thriving. just my last game he took the ball on the half way line and dribbled past 5 players, then slotted the ball into the bottom corner.

I have a request though.... could you take a quick look at my squad, and tell me who you think would be ideal for particular positions, and who wouldn't.
My concern is with my central midfield *attack* and FC and ST

Would Fernandez and Wagner be suitable for the cm position? or could i perhaps drop the defensive midfielder to DM, and push either fernandez or wagner*depending who i play* up to a AMC position? or would this ruin the tactic? i do have 3 natural central midfielders too.


I'm not sure if any of my forwards are suitable for the free role position either. my forwards are........ Owen, Cardozo, Balotelli, Guilherme, Keirrison, and Aquino


My squad
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...tteamsquad.png

My central midfielders who i bought for the future.
Carlos - http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ras/Carlos.png

Mascio - http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ras/Mascio.png

Matt Smyth - http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g.../MattSmyth.png
From midfield upwards, I would play

AMR - Gutierrez
AML - Di Maria
mc(c) - Veloso/Mascio (for now, train fernandez to MC so that he can play there and make him your first choice then)
mc(d) - Camacho

FC (d) - Guilherme or Keirsson, whoever has a FC means they can play free-role as well POssibly slot MIchael Owen in there as he is suprisingly an FC.

FC(a) - Cardozo, Balotelli, Owen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzy_27 View Post
mesce, so with your success with united did you do the away tweak for the small pitch every time?

also can you explain why you put tempo on full?
On a smaller pitch, that my scout said was significantly smaller. I adjusted it depending on the smallness. If they would say it was narrow, I bring my wide men in and play faster tempo, if it gets congested in the middle, then I made it faster.

On a small pitch, player fast football, there will be less chance for the opponents to read and intercept the passes, also your players won't get tired as quick and with the speed of the tempo being fast, you create more openings. If you are playing on a massive pitch, keep the current tempo as it is or maybe slower it slightly, your players will get more tired faster and you will give balls away more frequently.
mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 05:02 PM   #43
Matteh.
Trialist
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 10
 
Managing: Portsmouth
Season: 08/09
Division: EPL
Position: 4
Star Player: James/Defoe
Matteh. is on a distinguished road

Default

Thanks for uploading! I recently created a squad called The Badgers FC...
No, the players aren't all on 20 and they are in Blue Square Premier.

Used tactic for 1 game, and was amazed.. I didn't have enough players so I had to call up my whole youth squad and amazingly they beat Hearts 2-0 at home. I will post some more feedback after my frendlies vs. Man utd & Man City reserve squads!

Works a gem so far!
Matteh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2008, 07:16 AM   #44
bopper7
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: london
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 74
 
Managing: QPR
Season: 5
Division: EPL
Position: 4
Star Player: Eduardo(regen)
bopper7 is on a distinguished road

Default

hey am trying it out on my arsenal team, so far so good.
beat portsmouth away 1-0 but drew away to blackburn

will keep testing
bopper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2008, 08:19 AM   #45
Miroc
Wants First Team Football
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Liechtenstein
Posts: 1,229
 
Managing: gave up on FM13
Miroc is just really niceMiroc is just really niceMiroc is just really niceMiroc is just really nice

Default

Working nicely for my Leeds side, although I have tweaked a bit to go a bit more attacking with the defenders, a bit more direct generally and turned down some of the long shots as we didnt have the quality to test the keeper enough.

Also tweaked away from home as it was a bit vulnerable to long ball and counter, so I went a bit more defensive
Miroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2008, 08:53 AM   #46
AfterD
Trialist
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1
 
AfterD is on a distinguished road

Default

Wonder is a good word to describe it. Kicked Atletico's ass with Dinamo Buc. and generally speaking didn't lost a single point since using it.

Ave Magister !
AfterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #47
Robbo1222
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Warszawa
Country: Poland
Posts: 58
 
Managing: Everton
Season: 1st
Division: English Premier
Position: 8
Star Player: Mikel Arteta
Robbo1222 is on a distinguished road

Default Mesce

Mesce - This tactic is great. Update to my Wisla Krakow season. Finished 3rd (2 points behind Legia) in my first season (Don't forget I'm only using polish players) and so after total revolution at the club in which all of my better foreign players were shipped out and switching to your tactic, my final record was:

W15, D9, L5. Many of those draws would have been wins with slightly better quality players to add to a threadbare squad stretched by injuries (My squad will be boosted over summer by some handy contract expiry pick ups)!!!

Similarly, losses were tight affairs being beaten by the odd goal and had extensive cup runs and a 10 game unbeaten streak to the end of League.

Next season looks VERY promising.
Robbo1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #48
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterD View Post
Wonder is a good word to describe it. Kicked Atletico's ass with Dinamo Buc. and generally speaking didn't lost a single point since using it.

Ave Magister !
Good to see its helping you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miroc View Post
Working nicely for my Leeds side, although I have tweaked a bit to go a bit more attacking with the defenders, a bit more direct generally and turned down some of the long shots as we didnt have the quality to test the keeper enough.

Also tweaked away from home as it was a bit vulnerable to long ball and counter, so I went a bit more defensive
Yeah, the long shots are something I have thought to turn down myself but sometimes Rooney does hit a 25 yarder out of nowhere and then I like to keep them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo1222 View Post
Mesce - This tactic is great. Update to my Wisla Krakow season. Finished 3rd (2 points behind Legia) in my first season (Don't forget I'm only using polish players) and so after total revolution at the club in which all of my better foreign players were shipped out and switching to your tactic, my final record was:

W15, D9, L5. Many of those draws would have been wins with slightly better quality players to add to a threadbare squad stretched by injuries (My squad will be boosted over summer by some handy contract expiry pick ups)!!!

Similarly, losses were tight affairs being beaten by the odd goal and had extensive cup runs and a 10 game unbeaten streak to the end of League.

Next season looks VERY promising.
Your players will be more used to the tactic as well, the second season is when you will get the best out of it. I am currently 60+ games unbeaten in the EPL
mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2008, 05:12 PM   #49
sinoffire
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Malaysia
Posts: 108
 
Managing: AC Milan
Season: 2013/2014
Division: Serie A
Position: 1
Star Player: Andrea Poli
sinoffire is on a distinguished road

Default

tried this tactic with spurs in dec08 onwards. doesnt seems to have any effects on mine. i think it all boils down to the condition of the club at that time as well whereby loads of players are having "slight concern" & "lost faith" in my abilities.

but then again, mesce..does it have any difference if i were to ommit the "Opposition Instructions" or is it a must-do condition??

i was sacked by Levy anyhow. just thought of wanna know more.. will give it a shot again on my adventure with rovers later.

will keep u posted on the updates.

cheers.

PS: On a side note, recommended this tactic of urs to my friend. Here are his results using ManUtd:

ManUtd 1 vs 0 Chelsea
ManUtd 5 vs 0 CF Cluj
Arsenal 1 vs 1 ManUtd
Liverpool 0 vs 3 ManUtd
A.Villa 1 vs 2 ManUtd
ManUtd 4 vs 0 Sporting CP
Newcastle 0 vs 0 ManUtd
ManUtd 2 vs 0 Sunderland
WestHam 1 vs 4 ManUtd

pretty impressive i'd say.
sinoffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2008, 12:04 AM   #50
mesce
Decent Youngster
TD Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Italy
Posts: 67
 
mesce is on a distinguished road

Default

LATEST NEWS

Second Season Complete
With many thanks to my tactic, I have won everything, except the Charity Shield, LOL

By the way, I cannot stress enough how important a player in the team is that has 20 for free-kicks!

Super Cup
World Club Championship
FA Cup
Carling Cup
Champions League
English Premier League

Below shows the Final standings and Manager overview and team selection. It seems I can pretty much buy anyone I wish, Fabregas would come to me now, Messi even! Steven Gerrard is a no go though, he just hates us too much.





mesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2009

Tags
best fm tactic, fm09 tactic, fm2009 tactic


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:28 PM.


Disclaimer: This site is not endorsed by Sports Interactive or SEGA and is intended for entertainment purposes only. The views expressed on this site are the views of the individual contributors and not those of Sports Interactive or SEGA. The official Football Manager site can be found at www.footballmanager.com and the official forums can be found at http://community.sigames.com/. Sports Interactive, the Sports Interactive logo, in-game generated images and any other Football Manager related items are registered trademarks and/or copyright material owned by Sports Interactive, or their respective trademark and copyright holders. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. Football Manager, Football Manager Live, Sports Interactive and the Sports Interactive logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Sports Interactive Limited. All rights reserved.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2011 The Dugout.