The Dugout Football Manager Community

Go Back   The Dugout Football Manager Community > Football Manager 2014 > FM/CM Scene

Notices

Old 24-04-2005, 07:01 PM   #1
O Dogg
Trialist
TD Member

O Dogg is on a distinguished road

Default CM Frenzy - Want to become Affiliates with The Dugout

Hi all @ The Dugout,

I have emailed you guys, but thought I would post here also. I have been working hard along with other Moderators and Admins at CM Frenzy, and have been nominated by the site to help improve communications and build relationships with other CM and FM websites across the scene. Now as yourselves and sortitoutsi are 2 of the big boys as they say, I thought I would bring it upon myself to send you guys an email.

Frenzy has been going for a long time now, and we are working hard to get up there with you guys, so we need some fresh advertising, fresh members and some fresh ideas. The fresh ideas part is already being worked on, and we have some staff in place working on several projects, including an FM superleague.

So firstly I just wanted to introduce myself as Shane, known on the CM Frenzy forum as O Dogg. I would like to keep in touch with webmasters accross the scene, and hopefully bounce some ideas off each other.

As for the Frenzy Superleague, this is in the latter stages of development, and is very nearly complete. Another of the forum Moderators has also created a superleague, which I believe was submitted here to you guys, from Mikedadude.

If you are interested, then please reply to this post, and we can discuss some ideas.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this, and I appreciate any response given.

Kind Regards
Shane Edwards
CM Frenzy Team
www.cmfrenzy.com
O Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2005, 07:37 PM   #2
mikedadude
Trialist
TD Member

mikedadude is on a distinguished road

Indeed, its a nice place cmfrenzy And its a lot of hits but we're not really well-known so help from you guys as o dogg said, would be much appreciated
mikedadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2005, 09:58 PM   #3
aar0n
Drunken Butterfly(OH!)
TD Member

aar0n is on a distinguished road

Been on your forum for just under a year now, under the name of Gerrard, and I'm still amazed by the number of members you've been able to attract. I mean the forum isn't anything special, nor is it extremly active, yet you've got an impressive amount of members.
aar0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2005, 11:48 PM   #4
Mark
Lord of the board
Administrator

Managing: Ceará (Brazil)
Season: 2012
Division: First Div.
Position: 4
Star Player: Nicácio
Mark has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
Been on your forum for just under a year now, under the name of Gerrard, and I'm still amazed by the number of members you've been able to attract. I mean the forum isn't anything special, nor is it extremly active, yet you've got an impressive amount of members.
Susie's forum doesn't show too much activity either for having over 8K members. And Susie uses their forum as a backend for site registrations (same as we will once the new site goes live).

So my best guess is that there is another registration system behind it? Can't judge as I haven't tried or seen it yet at Frenzy.

O Dogg >> I will sent you a PM.

Quote: The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.

Custom content
Spoiler:
Faroe Islands | Fiji | Lithuania | Papua New Guinea | Cook Islands | Tahiti | Tonga (both coming soon)
Journeyman Game
Spoiler:
Journeyman 1.0: Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 / Part 4
Journeyman 2.0: -
Journeyman 3.0: Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 / Part 4
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2005, 06:48 AM   #5
Daigle
TD Member
TD Member

Managing: Bradford City
Season: 2034-2035
Division: Premier League
Position: -
Star Player: Adil Chadli
Daigle is on a distinguished road

Ohh, I remember this site

Some feedback:
The design is quite impressive...when talking about the header part. Content placing is quite awful. The part from header to down is cut in half and it's quite hard to use for content and it's really visible here. Also the ads mess it up a little bit. Cutenews is used, but nothing is really changed like the font. However the forum looks good :y:

PS: And oh, I believe I've responded to all queries about affiliation with the same answer. And to all queries sent, I've responded. You too.
Old 25-04-2005, 10:31 AM   #6
mikedadude
Trialist
TD Member

Thanks for the feedback We've got about over 11, 000 members, but yes the forum is slightly inactive thats one of the main problems, hopefully that wont be a problem soon though

About the design, ya we know its a bit... "shoddy" we're hoping to implement a new design soon (for the site)
Old 25-04-2005, 10:46 AM   #7
pOmPeL
Hot Prospect
TD Member

pOmPeL is on a distinguished road

Not too bad really. Some tweaking and stuff like that and it will be even better
Old 25-04-2005, 07:50 PM   #8
O Dogg
Trialist
TD Member

Thanks for all your responses guys. As Mike has said, we have been working on a new design for the front end of the site, and have been toying with using PHP Nuke for the site, this would be easier to manage contect, and would give the end user easy navigation through the site. What alot of people overlook is just how much content is added to CM Frenzy, and this I believe is because of the reasons mentioned above - poor layout, and difficult navigation. I have been working alongside the site owner in trying to improve these issues. The forum is a decent forum, which is why I stuck around when I first joined up, and I am a believer in quality over quantity - which is why we have contacted yourselves as you have a great community here.

Would love to have the support of you guys. Maybe if a mod or admin of this site joined frenzy for a week, contributed and was active, and then makes a decision after that, as Im certain if you spent time at Frenzy you would realise that we have some quality members.

What do you say? If you would prefer to discuss via PM, then please do.

Again, thanks for the replies and advice, it is all being taken on board.
Old 25-04-2005, 07:57 PM   #9
Mark
Lord of the board
Administrator

Managing: Ceará (Brazil)
Season: 2012
Division: First Div.
Position: 4
Star Player: Nicácio
Mark has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedadude
Thanks for the feedback We've got about over 11, 000 members, but yes the forum is slightly inactive thats one of the main problems, hopefully that wont be a problem soon though
Quite common though. To have a lot of members over a longer period of time and a lot of them inactive.. The old TD had over 22K members.

Quote: The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.

Custom content
Spoiler:
Faroe Islands | Fiji | Lithuania | Papua New Guinea | Cook Islands | Tahiti | Tonga (both coming soon)
Journeyman Game
Spoiler:
Journeyman 1.0: Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 / Part 4
Journeyman 2.0: -
Journeyman 3.0: Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 / Part 4
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2005, 09:27 PM   #10
Daigle
TD Member
TD Member

Two things here...
1. You mentioned PHPNuke... I expect it's not just a regular PHPNuke. I expect something special
2. If we did "sent"/would send a mod or admin, we wouldn't tell you about it
Old 25-04-2005, 09:40 PM   #11
pOmPeL
Hot Prospect
TD Member

pOmPeL is on a distinguished road

Daigle, a mystic guy from the finnish woods Somewhere inbetween all the lakes...
Old 25-04-2005, 11:08 PM   #12
O Dogg
Trialist
TD Member

Well guys, you are welcome to come along and sign up anytime you want. We have nothing to hide and are proud of our community. Im sure you are a great bunch of lads so you would be a great addition even if you did just join to see how the site was getting on.
Old 26-04-2005, 07:12 AM   #13
Daigle
TD Member
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pOmPeL
Daigle, a mystic guy from the finnish woods Somewhere inbetween all the lakes...
Well I live in Rovaniemi, not too many lakes here, but a few yeah
Old 04-05-2005, 04:11 PM   #14
O Dogg
Trialist
TD Member

Quote:
An Update - [24-03-2005] Scene news
I have just added my Core FM review, which makes three reviews now. Next three up for review are In The Box, FM Addicted (which will be based on my earlier review) and FM Underground.

I was advised not to review FMGamer due to their impending merger with The Dugout, and therefore are left out of the project. New arrivals to my list are Calcio Update, the Sega FM site and CM Frenzy.

The current standings are;

SortItOutSI - 45/50
FM FAQ - 41/50
Core FM - 38/50.

Thats after three reviews, and of course the standings will change as I review more and more sites. Stay tuned folks!
Im glad that you have decided to review CM Frenzy, and whatever the outcome, the feedback will really be appreciated. sometimes what people overlook is the sheer content that is in the site. We are taking on board the feedback regarding navigation of the site etc, however there are a LOT of walkthroughs on the site for CM series from 3 onwards.

Look forward to reading the review as any constructive feedback can be taken onboard.

Any idea when this review will be written?
Thanks for taking the time to read this and reply also.

Kind Regards
O Dogg
Old 05-05-2005, 01:16 AM   #15
Daigle
TD Member
TD Member

All I can say and I know is that Ali is the one reviewing the sites. How long it takes, I've no idea. He's under my wings, but has no responsibilities so I can't force him to do anything
Old 05-05-2005, 07:55 AM   #16
O Dogg
Trialist
TD Member

Thanks for replying Daigle. I will just keep checking back here. I have been doing a marketing questionnaire for Frenzy, as our aim is to find out what people would like to see on our site etc. Once that questionnaire is complete, would you take a few moments of your time you complete it? It would be much appreciated, and it would help us alot
Old 05-05-2005, 02:13 PM   #17
Daigle
TD Member
TD Member

Complete what? The review of your site?
Old 06-05-2005, 08:45 AM   #18
O Dogg
Trialist
TD Member

This is what I meant Daigle. Just wondering if you and a few of your regulars would fill out this form for us? It wouldnt take long, but it would help us a lot if you could spare the time.

We need the feedback generated from this questionnaire to help us improve the site.

Quote:
QUESTIONNAIRE

Scene Questions

1) Are you a member of any Football Mananger/Championship Manager site?
Yes - which ?
No

2) Whats the average time to you spend online with that site?

CM Frenzy Questions

1) Have you heard of CM Frenzy before now?
Yes
No

If Yes, Where did you hear about us?

2) Are you a member?
Yes
No

If No, Would you consider becoming a member?
Yes
No - Why not?

3) What is your opinion on the look of CM Frenzy?

4) Do you find it easy to navigate through content on the site?
Yes
No

5) Do we provide the kind of content that you would expect to find on our website?
Yes
No

6) What suggestions do you have to help make CM Frenzy a better place?

Superleague Questions

1) Have you ever downloaded and installed any of the superleagues created by CM Frenzy?

2) Would you be interested in downloading a Superleague for FM2005 if one was available?

3) Do you want to be contacted when the Official CM Frenzy Superleague is released?

If yes, please provide your email address
Old 07-05-2005, 12:06 PM   #19
aar0n
Drunken Butterfly(OH!)
TD Member

aar0n is on a distinguished road

Did you make your current site design yourself, or did you buy it?

Just out of interest.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:15 PM   #20
Daigle
TD Member
TD Member

About that questionnaire... Shouldn't it be on CM Frenzy only? Since I don't think visitors that have never or barely never been to the site can answer..well honestly.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:24 PM   #21
O Dogg
Trialist
TD Member

No th questionnaire is for marketing purposes. To fill out the questionnaire, you would need to spend about 10-15 minutes on the site itself just navigating aroung it. We already have a great forum on the go, with great members, but we want to know what other people around the scene think of the layout and look of Frenzy.

Also the questionnaire will be put on the site itself for members to fill out. We need as much feedback as possible to help improve the site. As you can see just from the time I have spent here that we are serious about growing as a site, and alot of hard work is going into this.
Old 22-01-2007, 01:00 AM   #22
mikedadude
Trialist
TD Member

To bring a dead topic alive again... Was wondering if thedugout was still interested in this? Naturally the main site isn't up anymore but im sure both of us would benefit from an affiliation to the forum. Just some statistics:

-Almost 2 million downloads, 1.99million at the moment.
-CMFrenzy.com's Ultimate Training Schedule has got over 50, 000 downloads over three sites, 20, 000 of those on cmfrenzy.com
-The forum has 17,500+ members.
-Average of 6.68 new members a day.
-Finally an affiliate of SIGames.com
Old 30-01-2007, 09:25 PM   #23
Bozza
Decent Youngster
TD Member

Bozza is on a distinguished road

If you guys want, FMFormation.net would be more then interested. FMFormation is well known for the many downloads hosted in the database and also for the FM2006 & FM2007 Database Updates. Send me a PM if you would like to talk a bit more about it with me.
Bozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #24
mikedadude
Trialist
TD Member

Check your pm bozza
Old 18-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #25
Baz
Banned
Banned

Star Player: Torres
Baz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
Susie's forum doesn't show too much activity either for having over 8K members. And Susie uses their forum as a backend for site registrations (same as we will once the new site goes live).
Ding!
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote

The Dugout Football Manager Community > Football Manager 2014 > FM/CM Scene