The Dugout Football Manager Community

Go Back   The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2010

Notices

Old 11-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
сhеlѕеа_gіrl
Banned
Banned

сhеlѕеа_gіrl is a splendid one to beholdсhеlѕеа_gіrl is a splendid one to behold

Default FM Genie Scout 2010

Here's the link for FM Genie Scout for Football Manager 2010: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0ZC9YFJC

For those who don't know what this is, it's a tool widely regarded as a cheat. It can also prove very useful for other things such as creating clubs and even leagues, allowing you to filter out players that the ingame player search might not pick up.

However, it is mostly used to find the current ability and potential ability rating of players. It can also tell you how much you need to bid for a club to accept each player, but that's not always completely accurate. Hence why people shout 'cheat!' whenever it gets mentioned.

I know there are some haters, but others like to use it and might not know the new version is available. Plus some people might not know about it, and it's always worth a try.

So have fun playing, everyone. And if you could be so kind and give me some board rep, it would be much appreciated. Click here do so.
:]
сhеlѕеа_gіrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
IJ
Glorious Overlord
Administrator

Managing: Foggia
Season: 2016-17
Division: Serie A
IJ has disabled reputation

If the cheating debate begins, I'm dishing out warnings immediately.
2014-15 (Serie C1/C - Runners Up & Play-off winners)
2015-16 (Serie B - Champions)

My FM Content:
Changing 3D kits | FM Logos
IJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
Hulls Tiger
Top Notch Talent
TD Member

Hulls Tiger is on a distinguished road

Never used one, although not because I'm against it, just never been arsed to download it. On average, do the people who have or have not used it find it more fun with or without it's use (no one say no it is cheating, I would like serious reasons not just disproving it with that)

Just a question to decide whether or not to give it a go.
Hulls Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
сhеlѕеа_gіrl
Banned
Banned

сhеlѕеа_gіrl is a splendid one to beholdсhеlѕеа_gіrl is a splendid one to behold

Honestly, I think it's spoiled the game for me. Now that I have used it and know how it works and what it does, etc. I always feel the need to use it. I know part of the fun for some people is finding talent through scouts and any other means, but I figure if you can just load up this programme and have all the best players at your fingertips - even a number of years into the game - then I might as well just do that.

I must just lack self control!
:[
Old 11-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
zorro37
Decent Youngster
TD Member

zorro37 is on a distinguished road

I find it best used in moderation, for example when a game seems hopeless by january, find a few young gems, then build them into great players and team leaders and don't use the scout again unless you are totally desperate.

I understand why some people like to find the 20 best potential players in the world and sign them all up but that doesn't make the game fun for me.
zorro37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
Jonny
First Team Player
TD Member

Jonny has a spectacular aura aboutJonny has a spectacular aura aboutJonny has a spectacular aura about

Not my sort of thing. Probably should close thread so no one starts a debate?
Old 11-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
Kanij
Promising Youngster
TD Member

Kanij is on a distinguished road

Close the thread? Why? Some people may find this tool useful, just because you don't doesn't mean it should be closed. Like myself, I never used this tool and I'm curious to see what it does. Thanks for the upload.
Kanij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
сhеlѕеа_gіrl
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Jonny*** View Post
Not my sort of thing. Probably should close thread so no one starts a debate?
What's wrong with discussing whether or not people think it's a cheat?

I'd be interested to hear someone who argues against it being cheating, because I don't understand how that could actually happen. Maybe a piss-taker, but not a serious stance.

If that's unwanted then I guess that's fine - like IJ said he will warn people who do what he has strictly stated not to - but please don't close my thread!
:[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanij View Post
Close the thread? Why? Some people may find this tool useful, just because you don't doesn't mean it should be closed. Like myself, I never used this tool and I'm curious to see what it does. Thanks for the upload.
You're more than welcome. :]
Old 11-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #9
Jonny
First Team Player
TD Member

Jonny has a spectacular aura aboutJonny has a spectacular aura aboutJonny has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by сhеlѕеа_gіrl View Post
What's wrong with discussing whether or not people think it's a cheat?

I'd be interested to hear someone who argues against it being cheating, because I don't understand how that could actually happen. Maybe a piss-taker, but not a serious stance.

If that's unwanted then I guess that's fine - like IJ said he will warn people who do what he has strictly stated not to - but please don't close my thread!
:[You're more than welcome. :]
Because an admin mentioned about NOT discussing it? I was merely just suggesting stopping any discussion before it happens.

Kanij - Just because a thread is closed/locked does not make it so it won't help people, people can still read the thread. Could be a sticky or put in useful threads.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:15 PM   #10
diljeet
World Class Player
TD Member

Managing: Colchester
Season: 2014/15
Division: Prem
Position: 6
Star Player: Revy Rosalia
diljeet is a name known to alldiljeet is a name known to alldiljeet is a name known to alldiljeet is a name known to alldiljeet is a name known to alldiljeet is a name known to alldiljeet is a name known to alldiljeet is a name known to all

What is with the weird text.

FMSCOUT.com is a good site for "cheating" downloads like edits etc.

They have most the new shit out 1st like skins etc aswell.
FM's back2back World Cup winner in a 12player+ Dugout/FMbase network game.
diljeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:04 AM   #11
davesmiff
The next Gianfranco Zola
TD Member

Managing: Aston Villa
Season: 12/13
Division: EPL
Position: 3
Star Player: Agbonlahor
davesmiff is on a distinguished road

Downloaded and tried and after I tried to load a game this happens, bah!

5) You didn't noticed that point 4 is missing
6) You just checked for point 4
7) You are smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
I have some unexpected piece of news, i'll be having a sex change soon...
davesmiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:25 AM   #12
aydo
Trialist
TD Member

Managing: Leeds
aydo is on a distinguished road

the only thing i use it for is finding staff, because i find the new system a pain in the ass personally.

but yeah it's not working for me either :\
aydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:34 AM   #13
FMViking
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Managing: Chelsea
Season: 2014-15
Division: Premiership
Position: 5
Star Player: Essien
FMViking is on a distinguished road

Have you people unticked the "compress saved games" box in the preferences.
FMViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:01 AM   #14
Coyote of the Sea
Wants First Team Football
TD Member

Managing: Man City
Season: 2014/2015
Position: 1
Star Player: Aguero
Coyote of the Sea is on a distinguished road

same as Aydo here, hate the new system for finding staff so with 09 i started using it to find staff. Especially when you start games as often as i do its a pain to find interested staff, work the numbers, and all that jazz.
Coyote of the Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:52 AM   #15
SpokesmaN
The Fool on the Hill
TD Member

SpokesmaN is just really niceSpokesmaN is just really niceSpokesmaN is just really niceSpokesmaN is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMViking View Post
Have you people unticked the "compress saved games" box in the preferences.
This was true for the last couple of versions so it might be why people are getting errors.

I've used it for the last couple of FMs and think it's great. I don't really see it as cheating unless you just search for all the high PA youngsters and bring them to your club but for a well refined search in getting the right players for the right price it's brilliant.

I'll probably give it a whirl on my next save.
SpokesmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:11 AM   #16
Forza
Chievo Vaffanculo!
TD Member

Managing: Dortmund
Season: 2012/13
Division: Bundesliga
Position: 1
Star Player: Fernandinho
Forza is a splendid one to beholdForza is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Jonny*** View Post
Probably should close thread so no one starts a debate?
There is no problem with this thread. IJ has already made it clear that anyone replying saying simply that it's cheating will recieve an infraction.

That doesnt mean that people can't discuss what they actually use the program for.
Forza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:32 AM   #17
Mazuuurk
International
TD Member

Mazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to allMazuuurk is a name known to all

I usually don't even download and install it because, a bit like chelsea_girl, I know that if I use it "just once" then I'll be tempted to do so again.
Mazuuurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #18
IJ
Glorious Overlord
Administrator

Maybe I wasn't clear earlier - but thankfully Forza has cleared it up. Discussion about it is perfectly legitimate, as is mocking Tudor for relying on it. However simply posting "OMG UR A CHEAT0R 4 USING IT" will get an infraction.

My FM Content:
Old 12-11-2009, 08:07 AM   #19
Clunge
Hobo Chang Ba!
TD Member

Clunge is on a distinguished road

I've used it, in moderation, for the last 2/3 FMs.

I use it predominantly when I've exhausted my funds and maybe need to snatch 2/3 young/utility players on a shoestring budget who aren't going to be complete flops.

When playing LLM, it's also useful for scoping out cheap players with high CA that will do a job for you immediately if only in the short term.

The other main use is to simply fire it up when starting a game and get rid of all the deadwood youth that some teams start with which can be a drain on resources, you can then weed out the youth players who might actually be worth training up.

Yes, it probably does devalue the FM experience as a whole but as has been said a billion times on here before, FM at the end of the day is just a game and everyone is entitled to play it exactly how they want to, on their terms. The only thing that should be cracked down on here is using it to find talent and then posting them to Scout Report because that DOES ruin the game for others.
Clunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:09 AM   #20
IJ
Glorious Overlord
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clunge View Post
The only thing that should be cracked down on here is using it to find talent and then posting them to Scout Report because that DOES ruin the game for others.
Unfortunately this is impossible for us to do. I can guess a fair percentage of the time when I think people are using it and generally I'm right (let's not forget who called Indoctrin out initially). However I can't really stop people posting details in Scout Report on a hunch..

My FM Content:

The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2010