The Dugout Football Manager Community

Go Back   The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2010

Notices

Old 14-03-2010, 04:22 AM   #1
mantralux
Hot Prospect
TD Member

Managing: Arsenal
Season: 2015
Division: Premier League
Position: 1
Star Player: Sandro Couto
mantralux is on a distinguished road

Default Arsenal Fantasy Kits 2010-2028

INTRO

This is the second article in a series of Arsenal articles aimed at anyone wanting to play a realistic game with the Gunners

All these articles are interconnected, the ‘main’ article, the The Arsenal Guide, and the others (including this one) are more like in-depth supplements to that main article.

Here we go.

When playing Arsenal, or any team for that matter, I’m always frustrated that we’re still using the same away/third colours after a couple of years into the game. I might be the only one caring about this, but I cared enough to create a database and a graphics xml which:

1. Changes the home, away and third kits to different colours/designs every year, as they do in reality

2. Change the actual kit graphics (on the information tab) to show fantasy kit designs that corresponds to the same colours as the kits shown in the 3D match engine

So in essence; every year, the away kit design changes, both in the 3D match engine and in the kit graphics on the info screen.

Home Kit (2010-2026)

The home kit changes every other year, and this is reflected in the game by the info screen (kit graphics) only. The reason is that the editor will only accept a set amount of added kits, and so I kept the home kit red with shite sleeves from the 2010/2011 season onwards.

Even though the kits in the 3D match engine doesn’t change its base design, the kit graphics will show different designs based on the red shirt/white sleeves base.

Cue the fantasy kits.

2010-2012, 2012-2014 and 2014-2016:

First one is a 'back to basics' kind of kit after two years of semi-white sleeves. Second one is flirting with the current design, but is more asymmetrical. Third goes back to the classic full sleeves again, similar to the first one.

2016-2018, 2018-2020 and 2020-2022:

First one is a commemorative shirt, celebrating the 130th anniversary of the club. Second is yet another classic design, and the third is more contemporary.

2022-2024, 2024-2026 and 2026-:

First shirt flips out a little, with a very white design and centered logos. Second shirt is the result of a stroke in the Nike design office. Third one is yet another commemorative shirt, this time for the clubs 140th anniversary.

So this is what has been done for the home shirt up until the 2026 season in terms of continuous change. There is always room for making more kits, the graphics will always be save game compatible. So if you reach beyond the 2026 season, chances are this article will be full of new kits you can download to continue the annual kit changes.

Away Kit (2010-2020 | Changing Colours)

This changes every year, but due to editor restrictions we could only do different designs up until 2020. After that we'll have to pretend that Arsenal decides to stick with a strict set of colours. We will still vary the actual designs after 2020, but we'll keep to specific colours.

2010-2011, 2011-2012 and 2012-2013:

First shirt is a classic yellow/blue kit, second is an all dark grey outfit, and the third is a light blue/dark grey style.

2013-2014, 2014-2015 and 2015-2016:

First one is a version of the classic FA cup winner gold/black shirt, second one is a maroon/white/black outfit which is the same colours as the clubs original kit. Thirdly I've done a british racing green/gold away kit.

2016-2017, 2017-2018 and 2018-2019:

First shirt is a classic yellow/blue again, due to the 130th anniversary. Second is a weird one....military green/sand coloured, chroma logo and diagonal stripe. Third is an all-black outfit.

The away colours we use in the last switch (2020-2021) will be the away colours we have to stick with, so this is the last kit before we head into the yellow/blue era:

Arsenal fans surely protesting the colours being too Spur-ish, but Nike does not compromise!

Away Kit (2020-2028 - Yellow/Blue)

So from the 2020-2021 season, we’re stuck at yellow/blue due to the editor being weak like a Phil Brown argument. The standard away kit will be yellow/blue, but in the Champions League we play in a gold/black kit.

2020-2021, 2021-2022 and 2022-2023:

All just different designs in yellow/blue. During the 2022-2023 season you’ll see your Champions League kit in the away kit slot, just to switch things up a little. So to clarify: in the 3D match engine you will see yellow and blue kits from the 2020 season, in all competitions except Champions League, where you will see a gold/black kit.

2023-2024, 2024-2025 and 2025-2026:

Also just standard yellow/blue. Third one is my vision of what would happen if Vic Akers and Nike decided to do some horrible 80's kits for a while. Hey, this wouldn't be realistic without some absolute oddjobs!

2026-:

This is the last kit change, and I’ve chosen a classic commemorative shirt for the 140th anniversary season. From the 2026 season and onwards, this is the final kit.

Third Kit (2010-2015 | Changing Colours)

Third kit is always last years away kit, so the third kit between 2010-2015 will be the 2009-2014 away kits. Check the colour chart below for clarification.

Third Kit (2016-2028 | Maroon/White/Black)

Again; due to editor restrictions, I couldn’t create enough kits. So I had to settle on one colour scheme for the third kits from the 2015-2016 season onwards, and why not settle for the original club colours? Maroon shirts with white trim, white shorts and black socks with minor red trim.

For now, the third kit design will only change every two years.

2017-2019, 2019-2021 and 2021-2023:

2023-2025 and 2025-:

First kit is slightly different with a black/maroon instead of white/maroon. Second one is the 2026 commemorative kit for the 140th anniversary.

Colour Combinations Year by Year

So now you know what every individual kit looks like, here's an overview of the colour combinations of every season:

How do I use the kits?

To make these kits work, first of all you need to use the Dial Square database. It contains all the kit changes + some other Arsenal stuff, AND...it fixes the home kit bug.

This will only work if you have ALL of the following: kit graphics, xml file and database.

There are two graphic files to download:

1. Arsenal Custom Lite
This has just the Arsenal kits + XML file. Download this if you only want to change the Arsenal kits.

2. Arsenal Custom Plus
This has MOST 2009/2010 kits for a large amount of leagues, all in the LS'10 style I used for making the Arsenal kits. There are 900+ kits in this pack. I have NOT made all these kits, just some of the Premier League ones.

For both packs: Unzip, place the folder 'kits' inside your Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/graphics folder.

Credit

The LS'10 style kits were made by Cristi at the FMG Live forums, and the templates used for the fantasy kits were made by several users on the FMG Live forum.

The kits in the Plus Pack are made by several users on the FMG Live forum.

Download Resources

Graphics Zipfiles:
Arsenal Custom Lite
Arsenal Custom Plus

Dial Square Database:
Attached Files
File Type: xml Dial Square.xml (1.59 MB, 64 views)

"You ask 100 people, 99 will say it's very bad and the hundredth will be Mark Hughes."

Last edited by mantralux; 21-03-2010 at 10:56 PM.
mantralux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2010, 05:16 AM   #2
IJ
Glorious Overlord
Administrator

Managing: Foggia
Season: 2016-17
Division: Serie A
IJ has disabled reputation

No sponsor changes then?
2014-15 (Serie C1/C - Runners Up & Play-off winners)
2015-16 (Serie B - Champions)

My FM Content:
Changing 3D kits | FM Logos
IJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Baz
Banned
Banned

Star Player: Torres
Baz will become famous soon enough

This is awesome. Wish someone would put this amount of effort in (tactics, db and kits etc.) for Liverpool!
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
mantralux
Hot Prospect
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJ View Post
No sponsor changes then?
If anyone wants sponsor changes, it's an easy fix. I personally have JVC as sponsor from 2015 in my save....just feels better having JVC on the chest.

"You ask 100 people, 99 will say it's very bad and the hundredth will be Mark Hughes."
Old 14-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
mantralux
Hot Prospect
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
This is awesome. Wish someone would put this amount of effort in (tactics, db and kits etc.) for Liverpool!
I'd love to make more articles, only problem is that I don't watch enough Liverpool/Chelsea/Man Utd/Barcelona/Real Madrid/Inter Milan to feel confident enough I'll do a good enough job with another interesting team/manager.

But if people who actually watch and know alot about any of those teams, I'd be happy to team up and contribute with my hyperfocus, sexy use of words, inspiring sense of direction and attention to detail.

Last edited by mantralux; 14-03-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 14-03-2010, 10:40 PM   #6
IJ
Glorious Overlord
Administrator

Managing: Foggia
Season: 2016-17
Division: Serie A
IJ has disabled reputation

I could knock up the Liverpool kits pretty quickly, Baz. In fact I've been inspired enough by this to do exactly that.

Tactically for Liverpool should be easily 4-2-3-1 with everyone set on a mentality of 1.
2014-15 (Serie C1/C - Runners Up & Play-off winners)
2015-16 (Serie B - Champions)

My FM Content:
Changing 3D kits | FM Logos
IJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 01:02 AM   #7
mantralux
Hot Prospect
TD Member

Updated database to v0.9.1

Old 18-03-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
mantralux
Hot Prospect
TD Member

Apparently, someone had the same idea as me for a commemorative kit:

Old 18-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #9
Medic
Decent Youngster
TD Member

Season: 8
Division: PRM
Star Player: Aaron Hughes
Medic is on a distinguished road

yeah heard about that, a classical layout, would love if this goes through unless it's fake.
Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #10
mantralux
Hot Prospect
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post
yeah heard about that, a classical layout, would love if this goes through unless it's fake.
It probably is a fake. Our 125th anniversary is 2011, not 2010, and even though there are examples of sponsors accepting small logos (Inter Milan commemorative, Man City 3rd), I doubt they would accept a logo that small.

If this was the next kit, I would buy 10 of them. But something tells me we will be fairly disappointed in a couple of months when the new kit is revealed.

Old 21-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #11
mantralux
Hot Prospect
TD Member

This article is now finished, and the final versions of the database and graphics files can be found at the end of the first post. Have fun!

Old 28-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #12
The GFP
Promising Youngster
TD Member

Managing: Godmanchester R
Season: 2021/22
Division: Championship
Position: --
Star Player: Ross Matson, CM
The GFP is on a distinguished road

superb

enough arsenal kits to keep me happy for years

Blue Square Premier Champs (Tier 5)
English Isthmian Premier Champs (Tier 7)
United Counties Premier Champs (Tier 9)
Eastern Counties Div 1 Champs (Tier 10)

FA Trophy Winners
FA Vase Winners
United Counties League Cup Winners
Eastern Counties Div 1 Cup Winners
Cambridgeshire County FA Invitational Cup Winners x 8
Huntingdonshire Premier Cup Winners x 9
Hinchinbrooke Cup Winners x 8
The GFP is offline   Reply With Quote

The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2010