The Dugout Football Manager Community

Go Back   The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2010

Notices

Old 23-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
JonWo
Banned
Banned

Managing: Juventus
Season: 2059/60
Division: Serie A
Star Player: Daniel Gomez
JonWo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Default Legends League - Release - BETA... very BETA

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7LOUL2L0

Right, with FM 11 not far off the horizon I'm a bit pressed for time in terms of releasing my legends league database.

I want to stress that this is by no means the finished article. What you will download is a 4 tiered league structure, with a country simply called 'Legends'; which takes the place of the America Samoan leagues in the Oceania/Australasian continent.

The main reason for my geographical choice is that I feel this location has the least impact on the rest of the countries and leagues.

I knew this was going to be a big project when I took it on but in my attempt to make it bigger and better than those that have come before it and by striving to make it as detailed and accurate as possible, it has grown even bigger.

All the players' relevant details are in place an'd say for 95% of the players, they have their full histories, clubs/nations trained at, details, etc.

But, these are just the details... small details, but ones that I think make the game immersive and give these newly created players a bit of character.

Anyways... we've got four divisions.

Here's the breakdown:

Legends Premier Division:

The league consists of 16 teams - 14 of which have been completed to a satisfactory degree.

Independiente are totally incomplete and Torino are three-quarters complete

Legends Division One:

The league consists of 18 teams - 14 of which have been completed to a satisfactory degree.

Estudiantes and Sao Paulo are 'shell teams' whereas Vasco and River Plate are 50+% complete

Legends Division Two:

The league consists of 18 teams - 8 of which have been completed to a satisfactory degree.

Aberdeen, Anderlecht, Monaco (20% done), Botafogo, CSKA Moscow, Monchengladbach, IFK Goteborg and Spartak Mosow are incomplete.

Legends Division Three:

The league consists of 18 teams - 8 of which have been completed to a satisfactory degree.

Club Atheltic (Bilbao), Derby (75% done), Marseille, Partizan (Red Star) Belgrade, PSV, Rangers (30% done), Sampdoria, Santos, Sporting Lisbon and Steaua Bucharest are incomplete.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't stress enough that this is ONLY A BETA RELEASE, the database consists of four leagues, but no cup competitions are present, of course, these will be included in the full release.

Finally, before the big download link, I'd like to explain the things I've included in this database.

So Far:

- Over 1000 new players/staff added to the database
- Small/Normal size badges added for 80% of teams... the rest will be available in the final, finished database.
- 500+ manipulations made to the database, whether it be 'un-retiring' old players, managers or coaching staff or adjusting the age, CA, PA and reputation of existing players.
- Adding a few (very sparce atm, due to time constraints) of the old stadiums. Eg. Arsenal play at Highbury and Man Utd on Bank Street.

Final Update will include:

- Full details for all new/existing players and staff as a given.
- Full badge packs for new 'legends' clubs
- Old stadiums 'reinvented' or new stadiums created for all Legends' clubs, rather than the current ground sharing situation.
- Many more facepacks.
- Rivalries between the clubs. Eg. Fenerbache Legends vs. Galatasaray Legends will become a heated derby.
- More accuracy in club reputation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has increasingly become a bit of a rush job, but your reward, Mr. Reader who just read all of the above shite, is... the download link.

Feedback is actively sought and suggestions will be implemented asap.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The download:

4 Tiers:

Legends Premier Division - 16 teams
Legends Division 1 - 18 teams
Legends Division 2 - 18 teams
Legends Division 3 - 18 teams

Please ignore the inaccurate club strips and be assured they will be ammended come the full release.

Graphics:

Most club logos included and the majority of major facepacks.

THE DOWNLOAD LINK - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7LOUL2L0

Last edited by JonWo; 23-09-2010 at 10:16 PM.
JonWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
Vim
Thom E. Gemcity
TD Member

Star Player: Simone Pepe
Vim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to all

Brilliant

"At Juventus winning is not important, it's the only thing that counts." - Giampiero Boniperti
Vim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
Ben
Due For Testimonial
TD Member

Managing: New England
Ben is a jewel in the roughBen is a jewel in the roughBen is a jewel in the roughBen is a jewel in the rough

Giving this a download now, will give you plenty of feedback on what looks a brilliant idea and build.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
Vim
Thom E. Gemcity
TD Member

Vim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to all

I've played around with this for a while, played a friendly. It looks brilliant from what I've seen so far.

Of course, I have been using the Juve Legends, so I would like to make some change suggestions for the next release:

Edgar Davids, Pavel Nedved and Alex Del Piero in juve legends. Del Piero is my favourite ever player and the favourite player of most Juve fans, he has record for most caps, most goals for Juve, so I think he should definately be a legend.
Also, Zidane as a Real legend would be great
If there is space, I'd also put Baggio in the Juve Legends as Juve are the team he played most in (source wiki )

So far it looks like a brilliant piece of work, congratulations mate

"At Juventus winning is not important, it's the only thing that counts." - Giampiero Boniperti
Old 24-09-2010, 07:15 PM   #5
JonWo
Banned
Banned

Cheers, Zidane (Real), Del Piero and Nedved (Juve) will both be in their respective clubs 'reserve' sides to begin with, at the age they were when they joined the club. For some reason I had Davids down as starting at Ajax, but I'll have to have a better look soon. It might end up being one of those situations where he starts at Ajax but has an arranged transfer after the first season to join Juve.

I was also toying with the idea of adding in a few more legends as free agents. Obviously I can't make the teams for all the legends I'd want to have in the database, (eg. Stanley Matthews, Tom Finney), but if I put them in as free agents with a high reputation, I'm sure they would be highly sought after, even by the non-legends teams.
Old 24-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #6
Vim
Thom E. Gemcity
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonWo View Post
Cheers, Zidane (Real), Del Piero and Nedved (Juve) will both be in their respective clubs 'reserve' sides to begin with, at the age they were when they joined the club. For some reason I had Davids down as starting at Ajax, but I'll have to have a better look soon. It might end up being one of those situations where he starts at Ajax but has an arranged transfer after the first season to join Juve.

I was also toying with the idea of adding in a few more legends as free agents. Obviously I can't make the teams for all the legends I'd want to have in the database, (eg. Stanley Matthews, Tom Finney), but if I put them in as free agents with a high reputation, I'm sure they would be highly sought after, even by the non-legends teams.
According to wiki, Davids played 106 matches for Ajax and 159 for Juve, so I think that the pre-arranged transfers would be a perfect solution

Again, great work

Old 25-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #7
seanyy
Promising Youngster
TD Member

Managing: Celtic
Season: 10/11
Division: SPL
Position: 1
Star Player: HOOPERMAN
seanyy is on a distinguished road

Is Henrik Larsson in it bud?
I can't play right now
seanyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #8
JonWo
Banned
Banned

He's not in the current download, but I will add him to Celtic Legends Reserves tonight.
Old 27-09-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
Samoth
Top Notch Talent
TD Member

Managing: Lanzarote
Season: 18/19
Samoth has a spectacular aura aboutSamoth has a spectacular aura aboutSamoth has a spectacular aura about

Get Billy Wright in there and we are golden ;D.
Samoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 04:34 PM   #10
JonWo
Banned
Banned

He already is, he's at Wolves Legends
Old 04-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #11
Joca Zmaj
Trialist
TD Member

Joca Zmaj is on a distinguished road

How do i install this_Answer me pls...THNX
Joca Zmaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #12
Shrewnaldo
Inventor of TDPL
TD Member

Managing: Rapid Wien-AUT
Shrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of light

Always think that "answer me" bit at the end of posts actually puts people off doing so, it just sounds rude. Particularly when you could have found the answer with a little bit of work yourself, see the FAQ thread for answers.

Follow me on Twitter

FM Veteran - an addict's ramblings on FM in blog form

There's nothing common about sense, nor anything conventional about wisdom
Shrewnaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #13
Gooner95
Trialist
TD Member

Gooner95 is on a distinguished road

Default Download problem

i have been trying to download this for FM 2011, as it is exactly what i have always wanted to do with FM.

However, after downloading, i attempt to open the file, and I am asked to search for a torrent.

i have tried searching for the obvious at this point - please can you point me in the right direction?
Gooner95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #14
JonWo
Banned
Banned

This BETA is for FM10. The full version will be available for FM11 once I get to grips with the game
Old 06-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #15
Gooner95
Trialist
TD Member

Gooner95 is on a distinguished road

Gooner95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #16
JonWo
Banned
Banned

Hey look, this database made PC Gamers list of the top 10 essential FM 2010 mods. Nice

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/10/28/10...ger-2010-mods/
Old 25-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #17
a_song17
Trialist
TD Member

a_song17 is on a distinguished road

Hello I have a problem,.. I use FM10 through the steam,, and I have recently downloads this patch + many others,.but where shall I place it? wich folder?? I feel I have tried everything but it will not work.... :o someone help me please!!
a_song17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #18
ade1976
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Managing: Birmingham
Season: 1st
Division: Championship
Position: 5
ade1976 is on a distinguished road

please can someone explain where I place this file once it has been downloaded.

Thanks
ade1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:07 AM   #19
danny4690
Trialist
TD Member

danny4690 is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys, new to this forum, and a bit of an eejit with computers. I've downloaded other mods in xml, but this is coming in rar and doesnt appear when i press change on the new game option. The method im using has worked with other mods, so im not sure what im doing wrong.
I have it in the right folder, but i think the problem is that its an rar file. Can anybody advise me on how to sort it? I've checked the FAQs but didnt see antyhing about rars

Cheers
danny4690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #20
Moose
Decent Youngster
TD Member

Managing: NK Imotski
Season: 2018-19
Division: 1. HNL
Star Player: Roguljić
Moose is on a distinguished road

if it's a .rar file, that means you need to unpack it using winrar (essentially free - google it) before you can use it. should be pretty straightforward once you have winrar installed, just right click on the .rar file and select "extract files."
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #21
danny4690
Trialist
TD Member

danny4690 is on a distinguished road

much obliged. I remember using that before, but most likely uninstalled it when id got what i needed.

Thanks!
danny4690 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2010

Tags
download, facepack, legends, logos