The Dugout Football Manager Community

Go Back   The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2011

Notices

Old 16-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
Cartmanez10
Trialist
TD Member

Managing: Fenerbahçe
Season: 4
Division: TPD
Star Player: Abel Hernandez
Cartmanez10 is on a distinguished road

Default 4-4-2 | Offense Wins Games; Defense Wins Championships

Greetings from Antalya, Turkey

As I've been a big supporter of 4-5-1 formation, I decided to try a 4-4-2 formation this year and satisfied with the results.

First of all I'd like to talk about the formation. As you know there is a big tradition in basketball, "Offense Wins Games; Defense Wins Championships". I'm not gonna promise you more than three goals in each match, but I will promise you the trophies.

Formation

Let's talk about the instructions.

Defensive Midfielder: The player who interrups opposition attacks and starts our attack. He must be strong, good at tackling and his work rate should be high. It will be good if he is a tall player. Take a look at tall players when signing for this position. (Like Busquets, Fellaini, Kuzmanovic)

Midfielder: Heart of the team. He should be able to play in box to box role . It means that this player must can both play defense or offense. He should be fast, his work rate, first touch, passing and technique should be high.

Right Midfielder: The player who is more capable of defensive options must play here. He should use his right foot.

Left winger: One of the key players in the formation. More offensive than the other wing. It would be better for him to use his right foot because we want him to cut inside. (Like Stoch, Nani, Pedro, Quaresma) Howewer you can use a player who uses his left foot (Like Malouda)

Forward: The player on left in the formation. He will come deep to get ball, move ball to the flanks and create his own positions. You should look for fast, strong players and their finishing and technique should be high.

Striker: Target man. His strength, finishing and heading must be high. He would be a good poacher if his pace will be high.

Hope you enjoy my tactic.

Click here to download.
Attached Files
File Type: tac 4-4-2 Fatih _ for victory _Fenerbah__e_ Jul 2011_.tac (1.2 KB, 1140 views)

Last edited by Cartmanez10; 20-03-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Cartmanez10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
Shrewnaldo
Inventor of TDPL
TD Member

Managing: Rapid Wien-AUT
Shrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of light

cartmanez - I spoilered your large images to help our friends with low bandwith. If you hit "Edit Post" you'll be able to see how it's done for future reference.

Also, any chance you can attach the tactic here rather than provide a link which may expire?

Follow me on Twitter

FM Veteran - an addict's ramblings on FM in blog form

There's nothing common about sense, nor anything conventional about wisdom
Shrewnaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
Cartmanez10
Trialist
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewnaldo View Post
cartmanez - I spoilered your large images to help our friends with low bandwith. If you hit "Edit Post" you'll be able to see how it's done for future reference.

Also, any chance you can attach the tactic here rather than provide a link which may expire?
Thanks for help. Next time I will be using spoiler button.

File attached. Looking forward to see your feedbacks
Old 17-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
jpdids
Decent Youngster
TD Member

jpdids is on a distinguished road

Ok a quick one to start things off. I've struggled with tactics all through this version but this one could well be the nuts!

Great on the ball and even better off of it. Ive never had my players hassle and tackle and importantly win the ball back so much and its not energy zapping either. I played the last 7 games of my season with Wolfsburg with this and one 6 and lost the other. Still not sure how i lost that one game with the amount of chances I had. I even won one of the game after going down to 10 men very early on and won it convincingly 3-1.

I'm about to start the new season so will give some more feedback at the end but without wanting to jinx myself this is the best tactic ive seen so far. Its solid, its successful and its consistant.

Thanks for the upload!

jpdids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 11:44 PM   #5
lavezzi7
Hot Prospect
TD Member

Managing: Olympiacos
Season: 1st
Division: Superleague
Position: 1
Star Player: Me
lavezzi7 is on a distinguished road

Liked the thread's title very much!

I will test the tactic as soon as possible and come back with feedback.
lavezzi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 08:05 AM   #6
moley
Reserve Team Player
TD Member

Managing: Spurs
Season: 2010/2011
Division: English Premier
moley has a spectacular aura aboutmoley has a spectacular aura about

You just saved my season! I downloaded this tactic after creating one that has more shots than the opposition whilst having more possession and CCC's, but always losing or drawing 0-0.

The change to this tactic has got my team scoring again.

Thanks.

I'll use it a lot more and give feedback with depth.

Tottenham Hotspur - With this tactic.

Euro Cup - 2014
European Super Cup - 2014
moley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #7
Cartmanez10
Trialist
TD Member

Thanks for comments, looking forward to see further feedbacks.
Old 20-12-2010, 02:39 AM   #8
Gruff89
Trialist
TD Member

Gruff89 is on a distinguished road

Trying this one out right now with Linfield in the Northern Irish Premier. Only 4 games into pre-season, lost 5-1 away to Partizan Belgrade in Champions League qualifier, but drew the home leg 2-2, so 7-3 on aggregate, which is actually pretty good considering the difference in the sides. Also beat Notts Co 2-0 and another N. Irish side 3-0.

Fairly early review I confess, but wanted to offer feedback whilst the novelty was still there. Hopefully I'll remember to let you know how it is as the season progresses.
Gruff89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #9
Cartmanez10
Trialist
TD Member

Thanks for your comments, Gruff89.

Any other feedbacks?
Old 29-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #10
Chris
Key Player
TD Member

Chris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud of

When I've finished my turn on the succession game i'm involved in I plan on starting a Sunderland save. Might give this a go but switch the wingers around, so have the right side pushed up.

If i do i'll write a review on here.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 01:09 AM   #11
Eazy-Duz-It
Due For Testimonial
TD Member

Eazy-Duz-It has a spectacular aura aboutEazy-Duz-It has a spectacular aura about

That Man U result could have been down to the sending offs and not your tactic? Not that I'm doubting you, its just that you won by 1 goal, they had the same CCC's as you, and could have picked up a draw. But your possession and passing stats there are impressive. And then the Arsenal game, 59% on the road to Arsenal is unimaginable!
It looks really strange, I'm intrigued by your shape and I'm a little confused as to why you staggered your midfield?
EDIT: I also see that teams tend to lose discipline when playing you. Is that just luck, or does the tactic frustrate opponents into getting themselves sent off?
Eazy-Duz-It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #12
gooner4life123
Trialist
TD Member

gooner4life123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy-Duz-It View Post
That Man U result could have been down to the sending offs and not your tactic? Not that I'm doubting you, its just that you won by 1 goal, they had the same CCC's as you, and could have picked up a draw. But your possession and passing stats there are impressive. And then the Arsenal game, 59% on the road to Arsenal is unimaginable!
It looks really strange, I'm intrigued by your shape and I'm a little confused as to why you staggered your midfield?
EDIT: I also see that teams tend to lose discipline when playing you. Is that just luck, or does the tactic frustrate opponents into getting themselves sent off?
IF U CHECK, HE ACTUALLY SCORED HIS 2 GOALS BEFORE THE 1ST PLAYER GOT SENT OFF...

IM GOING TO TRY OUT THIS TACTIC
gooner4life123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #13
Cartmanez10
Trialist
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy-Duz-It View Post
As gooner4life123 said, our team scored goals before the red card. The game against Arsenal was really sublime.

Opposition's lack of discipline is not just luck, but %50 of it. I often use touchline instructions like "Hassle Opponents" or use tight marking. That makes opposition players angry and lead to cards.

Thanks for comments.
Old 21-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #14
searmh
Rolling Contract
TD Member

searmh is on a distinguished road

just downloaded your tactic and am using it with dagenham and redbridge. on the download the target man is set to attack and the complete forward(left player in formation) is support. but on the screenshot of your formation the target man is set to support and complete forward is attack.

can you confirm what is the correct setup

cheers
searmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #15
Cartmanez10
Trialist
TD Member

The screenshot was taken from a different save game and it wasn't my usual choice. Sorry for it. It's up to you but you should set the complete forward to support.
Old 26-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #16
ekorkmaz
Trialist
TD Member

Managing: besiktas
Season: 3
Division: super division
Star Player: fabregas
ekorkmaz is on a distinguished road

i'll give your tactic a shot. Thanks for it
ekorkmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #17
jlawson89
Trialist
TD Member

jlawson89 is on a distinguished road

What pitch size would you recomend for this tactic to work?
jlawson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #18
Cartmanez10
Trialist
TD Member

I reccommend a narrow pitch size for this tactic. We have 2 central midfielders so we have to keep them together.

Btw, the main course is your player choices.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:31 PM   #19
Winterborn
Trialist
TD Member

Winterborn is on a distinguished road

Solid tactic. I use it as my away/tough opposition tactic and it's worked out well. I've done some small changes to the set pieces but otherwise am running it as is.

As my home/weaker opposition tactic involves a great deal of closing down also they tend to blend well together.

As for pitch, smallest you can have by Europa regulations for me.
Winterborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #20
Shrewnaldo
Inventor of TDPL
TD Member

Shrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of light

cartmanez - your team instruction screenshot has expired. Any chance you can re-upload the picture?

Follow me on Twitter

Old 20-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #21
Cartmanez10
Trialist
TD Member

I re-uploaded the picture. Added to first message. Sorry for the latency.
Old 26-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #22
Pineapple Hero
Promising Youngster
TD Member

Managing: Man Utd
Season: first
Division: Prem
Star Player: Sergio Aguero
Pineapple Hero is on a distinguished road

Im not really a fan of classic 4-4-2 in FM, far too dull in my opinion, everyone has there own opinion tho.
Pineapple Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #23
Ledley
"The new Mazuuurk"
TD Member

Ledley will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple Hero View Post
Im not really a fan of classic 4-4-2 in FM, far too dull in my opinion, everyone has there own opinion tho.
Going off the screenshots I'd hardly call it a classic 4-4-2 and how is it dull if it wins games and wins them well? I'm sure you just like to have a whine and moan at everything.

Has anyone used this tactic with a weaker side and what were results like? J ask as i'm just about to embark in my first season in the Premiership with Swansea and the formation that got me promoted is far too attacking for a weaker side in the Premiership.
Originally Posted by Gaseous Snake - 26/09/09 14:35
Robbie Keane is useless.
Quote:
26/09/09 - Tottenham 5-0 Burnley

Robbie Keane scored four times as Spurs returned to winning ways in an entertaining game at White Hart Lane.
He is shit though, tbf.

Any opinions or views expressed on this site are those of Ledley and do not necessarily represent the opinion or view of
The Dugout Community, it's owner, administrators, moderators or its sponsors.
Ledley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #24
isolator
Trialist
TD Member

isolator is on a distinguished road

Hi C.

Downloaded your tactic yesterday and will give it a go. Results so far are great!

I will test it a little longer and give you some feedback.
isolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #25
Cartmanez10
Trialist
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledley View Post
Going off the screenshots I'd hardly call it a classic 4-4-2 and how is it dull if it wins games and wins them well? I'm sure you just like to have a whine and moan at everything.

Has anyone used this tactic with a weaker side and what were results like? J ask as i'm just about to embark in my first season in the Premiership with Swansea and the formation that got me promoted is far too attacking for a weaker side in the Premiership.
Hi, I've seen people who used this tactic with weaker teams in Turkish forums. The one thing I would say is you won't regret. It's worth trying, choice is yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isolator View Post
Hi C.

Downloaded your tactic yesterday and will give it a go. Results so far are great!

I will test it a little longer and give you some feedback.
Thanks a lot for your message, I will be waiting for your feedbacks
Old 31-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #26
isolator
Trialist
TD Member

isolator is on a distinguished road

Hi C.

I have been testing this for a few games now. I am currently in the middle of season 3 ewith my Blackburn-side. My team is above middle-ish I would say. Working my way up with youngsters. I was playing the Blitz-tactic (by Frankie) but the results was inconsistent - winning big at home and struggling away. I have to say that I am not that good in this game, but have played it for several years kinda plug-and-play-style

So I found your tactic and started using it early in my third season - at that moment I was in 5th or 6th place.

In 13 games i have the following results: 9 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss - pretty good in my opinion.

One of the draws was away against Watford, but only with backup-players. The other draw was against Liverpool at home. Had a heavy 3-0 loss away against Man City - and it was deserved.

Will report back later
isolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #27
Cartmanez10
Trialist
TD Member

Thanks again for your feedback, isolator

9 wins and 2 draws are really god results in 13 games so far. I hope your team will rise in the league table. Don't get angry with your players when you get a loss against way bigger teams. Instead, you can make little changes in the line-up so they'll be ready for the next match.

Will be waiting for other feedbacks.
Old 13-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #28
Forest
Trialist
TD Member

Forest is on a distinguished road

Just switched from Frankys Blitz tactic to this and so far results are much more consistent.

I had great success with both Huddersfield and Everton using Frankys but think the update has weakend it a bit and it seems to rely heavily on your forwards playing well, especially against the big teams. If they have an off day you can have 30 shots on goal but still loose 1-0 or 2-0 far too often for my liking.

This tactic so far appears more stable in defence as promised and involves the midfield much more in creating a wider variety of goal types (not just 3 forwards trying to over run a defence).

Do you recommend using opposition instructions for this tactic?

Also I have never used a tactic in FM using this new type of creator. Do you make many adjustments during the matches using the quick tactics etc eg do you change to defensive if defending a lead or go more attacking if chasing? If so what instructions do you tend to use most in which scenarios? I am only used to the old style of tactics where I would adjust the sliders during a match depending on how a match was going.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 11:03 AM   #29
Chris654321
Trialist
TD Member

Chris654321 is on a distinguished road

Tactic is working pretty well for me and my Villa side first season.
Chris654321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:24 AM   #30
robinr22
Rolling Contract
TD Member

robinr22 is on a distinguished road

Have played this tactic for a couple of seasons with Kilmarnock and Chievo. I have to say that I remain unconvinced. It started very well and, against weaker sides, I get a few crushing results. However, on the whole, I find that the opposition gets at least as many shots as I do, and usually many many more. If their strikers are on form and mine are off, I lose heavily every time.

I get reasonably good results going forward but, for a formation billed as improving on defence, the opposition have so many chances that it's near impossible to get a decent run going. It doesn't seem any better than my usual "default 4-4-2 with a couple of tweaks" approach.

Thanks for the effort but, unless the defence can be tightened further, I'm going to have to try something else.
robinr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #31
Rudolf Belka
Promising Youngster
TD Member

Managing: Bayern Munich
Season: 11/12
Division: Bundesliga
Star Player: The whole squad
Rudolf Belka is on a distinguished road

I might try this for my Athletic Bilbao side.
Rudolf Belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #32
rikib004
Promising Youngster
TD Member

Managing: Vila Nova FC
Season: 2014
Division: Brazil Serie B
Star Player: N. Martinez
rikib004 is on a distinguished road

I used Shrews 433 Pink Panther Tactic and it has been working great but I needed a fall back tactic as I have had a few injuries and need a different approach.

Tried your tactic, one game so far... won 1-0 but The opposition did create alot of chances 15 shots against 5 on target 1 CCC for them. 16 chances, 5 on target and 3 CCCs for me.

Any way to reduce the shots against?
rikib004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #33
Shrewnaldo
Inventor of TDPL
TD Member

Traitor

Your lack of loyalty shall not be forgotten.

Follow me on Twitter

Old 12-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #34
rikib004
Promising Youngster
TD Member

Managing: Vila Nova FC
Season: 2014
Division: Brazil Serie B
Star Player: N. Martinez
rikib004 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewnaldo View Post
Traitor

Your lack of loyalty shall not be forgotten.
Haha, I got too many striker and CM injuries so needed to use my RM/LM players
rikib004 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2011