The Dugout Football Manager Community

Go Back   The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2011

Notices

Old 22-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
Mark
Lord of the board
Administrator

Managing: Ceará (Brazil)
Season: 2012
Division: First Div.
Position: 4
Star Player: Nicácio
Mark has disabled reputation

Default Cook Islands League

Cook Islands

Update: See bottom of this post (23-12-2010)

Background Information
The Cook Islands is a group of Islands in the Oceanic region. It's a relative small country with a population of around 24,000. The main Island Rarotonga is the home to all the teams in the top division, where out of the 7 competing teams 4 orginate from the capital city of Avarua (pop. 5,500). The national stadium, Tereora National Stadium (cap. 3,000) is used for different sport venues and international football matches. The Cup final is played at the Tereora National Stadium as well. The Cook Islands are currently ranked 188th in the FIFA Ranking, just below Tonga and above Guam.

The league structure file
Straight forward 7 team competition from the main island of the Cook Islands. Winner takes part in the OFC Champions League. No promotions or relegations. Cup seeding is based on reputation.

Changes
Added cities: Avarua, Matavera, Arorangi, Titkaveka with respective locations and populations
Stadiums: Changed stadium cities accordingly as they were set to Rarotonga which is the main island.
Teams: Changed teams accordingly to reflect correct cities, names and kits (as much as I could determine the right kit).
Finances: Gave all teams a 1,000 pound balance with no transfer money, since it's an amateur league.
Attendance: Slightly adjusted the minimum and normal attendance of all clubs to exceed 100. There is no fun playing for 40 people. Nikao Sokattack FC and Tupapa FC have been given higher numbers due to dominance of these 2 clubs over the past couple of years.

Competitions
Cook Islands Round Cup (league)
Cook Islands Cup (main cup)

Transfers are between seasons and the season runs from August to January. Seasonal update in May

Rules
No relegation or promotion. Rest is basic.

TV Money / Prizes
None added, since this is an amateur league. Couldn't find any information about it either.

Testing
Ran the league for 3 consecutive seasons. Everything seemed to work out, including qualification for the prel. matches of the OFC Champions League.

Feedback
If you have suggestions or sources in English which allow me to expand this league a bit more (apart from Wikipedia), you're more than welcome to point it out to me. And of course, as always, all feedback is welcome.

Note
Created based on 11.2.0 database.

Update
- Set league standard from 1 to 2 (same as surrounding Islands such as Solomons, Fiji, etc..)
- Changed the capital to not to reflect the Island but the actual capital city.
- Increased reputation from a mere 150 to 1000. This is in line with the surrounding Islands.*

* should make it a bit easier to sign players from Vanuatu, Fiji, Solomons, etc..

Sources
Wikipedia, CityPopulation.de, FIFA.com, Google Maps.

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: xml Cook Islands.xml (193.6 KB, 340 views)

Quote: The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.

Custom content
Spoiler:
Faroe Islands | Fiji | Lithuania | Papua New Guinea | Cook Islands | Tahiti | Tonga (both coming soon)
Journeyman Game
Spoiler:
Journeyman 1.0: Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 / Part 4
Journeyman 2.0: -
Journeyman 3.0: Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 / Part 4

Last edited by Mark; 23-12-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 01:14 AM   #2
Moondogg
Decent Youngster
TD Member

Managing: Murata
Season: 2011/12
Division: Sammarinese G.A
Position: 1
Star Player: Casadei
Moondogg is on a distinguished road

Fun! I love seeing Oceania leagues popping in.

Though can you only sign Cook Islanders or are most wee Pacific island natives willing to play there? Like can you sign Solomon Islanders or Tahitians, or are they not interested in the league itself?
Best Continental Finish: Champions League - Group Stage (3rd), Europa League - Quarterfinals
European Club Ranking: 52nd
Higher Profile Scalps:
Spoiler:
Lech Poznań, SK Rapid Wien, Ankaragücü, Bohemians, Partizan, Zilina, Grasshoppers, Legia Warsaw, Maribor, Wisla Krakow, Shamrock Rovers, Rosenborg, Ajax, AS Monaco, Lokomotiv Moscow, Manchester United
Moondogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #3
Mark
Lord of the board
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondogg View Post
Fun! I love seeing Oceania leagues popping in.

Though can you only sign Cook Islanders or are most wee Pacific island natives willing to play there? Like can you sign Solomon Islanders or Tahitians, or are they not interested in the league itself?
To be honest, I never really tried. If it's an issue I can always up the reputation of the league a little.

Custom content
Spoiler:
Faroe Islands | Fiji | Lithuania | Papua New Guinea | Cook Islands | Tahiti | Tonga (both coming soon)
Journeyman Game
Spoiler:
Old 23-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
Moondogg
Decent Youngster
TD Member

Managing: Murata
Season: 2011/12
Division: Sammarinese G.A
Position: 1
Star Player: Casadei
Moondogg is on a distinguished road

I gave it a try. Could really only sign Cook Islanders, and one clubless Vanuatu goalkeeper.

League rep could use a bit of a buff, maybe bring it on par with Vanuatu or something (but obviously still below New Zealand and the like, even though those contractless superstars at Waitakere United are mighty tempting though out of reach!) so it's still kind of irrelevant, but opens up the possibilities for transfers a bit. Just a thought/feedback.

Seems interesting, this. Can really whiz through the seasons!
Best Continental Finish: Champions League - Group Stage (3rd), Europa League - Quarterfinals
European Club Ranking: 52nd
Higher Profile Scalps:
Spoiler:
Lech Poznań, SK Rapid Wien, Ankaragücü, Bohemians, Partizan, Zilina, Grasshoppers, Legia Warsaw, Maribor, Wisla Krakow, Shamrock Rovers, Rosenborg, Ajax, AS Monaco, Lokomotiv Moscow, Manchester United
Moondogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #5
Mark
Lord of the board
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondogg View Post
I gave it a try. Could really only sign Cook Islanders, and one clubless Vanuatu goalkeeper.

League rep could use a bit of a buff, maybe bring it on par with Vanuatu or something (but obviously still below New Zealand and the like, even though those contractless superstars at Waitakere United are mighty tempting though out of reach!) so it's still kind of irrelevant, but opens up the possibilities for transfers a bit. Just a thought/feedback.

Seems interesting, this. Can really whiz through the seasons!
Thanks for the feedback. I have already looked a bit at the Oceanic comepetitions and their reputations. Cook Islands is really at the bottom of the ladder, so I'll be correcting that to give the whole Oceanic region a bit of a boost. So that Cook Islands, Tahiti, Fiji and the Solomons come a bit closer to one another.

Will update soon.

Custom content
Spoiler:
Journeyman Game
Spoiler:
Old 23-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
Mark
Lord of the board
Administrator

Updated, see bottom of the 1st post. Give it a try, I might have to up the rep of the competitions themselves a little. They are set to 20 (league) and 10 (cup) now. But I'd rather keep it down as much as possible due to the effect it might have on other competitions. Hence why I increased country reputation and league standard. I think the latter one does the trick though.

Custom content
Spoiler:
Journeyman Game
Spoiler:

Last edited by Mark; 23-12-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #7
Thijs.
Trialist
TD Member

Thijs. is on a distinguished road

dankjewel man!
Thijs. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
Newsman
Trialist
TD Member

Newsman is on a distinguished road

Just joined, love all this stuff about the South Pacific football will try this out soon myself.
Newsman is offline   Reply With Quote

The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2011

Tags
cook islands, custom content, editor, football manager 2011