The Dugout Football Manager Community

Go Back   The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2011

Notices

Old 20-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
satorox
Trialist
TD Member

satorox is on a distinguished road

Default 4-2-2-2 "Il Devasto"

4-2-2-2 "il Devasto" (I apologize in advance for my bad english)

This is the tactic (i'm sorry, but i' forgot to uncheck the option "target man"...then, neither of two forward is "target man"):

IMPORTANT: Read all the post and if you do everything i say in this post, this tactic will work great

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4...enshot359s.jpg

The particularity of this tactic is that, while playing with two large wings, passing are set in the center to take advantage of their movements and the movements of the two forward...the amplitude is seen, not as a way to open the game from one level to another by sending a cross to the exterior, but is seen as a means to send to the center, as many players as possible to avoid him "beat feet".

Now i show you the line up in attack and the line up on defense (action-type goals and how to defend the team):
A) Attack (red: forward; blue: wings; purple: midfielders; yellow: backs)
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/9...eenshot349.jpg
As you can see the ball carrier(Carrick) has a lot of offensive solutions, and there, in this picture taken from the game against Barça (willfully to show the impact even against strong defenses) can count 5 different solutions: the two full backs, the 'other median, the two wings and rooney, in this case was the player served a chance to find himself infallible!
B) Defense(Here I show you a series of 4 screens taken from the same action to show the effectiveness of the module. Red circle in the opponent and the ball carrier, the red line, of course, is a sign of its passage):
1: Mascherano sets the action, no one contrast (this is the peculiarity of being a defensive tactic) but not has important solutions because the spaces are all closed, and then discharged to the outside
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6792/24141094.jpg
2-3: The player who receives the outside, having no space in front of you, download centrally Iniesta ... even here it goes, and Iniesta decides to return to Mascherano:
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5531/71660070.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3504/93553800.jpg
4: Mascherano decided to return to Iniesta, continues to have no clear solutions, but at this point, Carrick, takes it in advance, retrieves the ball and get it on rooney
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7263/28245977.jpg

After showing a little something to tell you a little step ', role by role, what kind of players are used to this tactic:
GK: the best could find.
FB: since it must cover the entire external zone: a) physical qualities, especially speed, b) quality techniques such as cross, marking, steps b) mental qualities like without the ball, position, team play.
CB: best you could buy
MC: I used the median with good feet and / or central midfielders achieving excellent results. Career test to man utd I used Fletcher and Carrick (I will show you the statistics)
WGS: shift the balance are crucial. They must be fast, must be able to cross and dribble, must be able to play as a team. Do not need finalizing. Must be of the wings as well, not adapted attackers, the game would be affected to the extent that they no longer play for the team but would seek a personal solution
FR:will be your finalizer, then used the usual values and attributes tokeep under control . I invite you to consider, however, particularly the physical values.
FS:will be a bit 'finalizer, a little' finisher, so do not count as the finalization (15 already is fine) but what will count a lot: A) technical quality: passes, first game B) mental qualities: teamwork Without the ball, intuition and even a bit of imagination.

That said, I give you some 'helpful advice:
-Pitch dimension: MAX
-Any O.I.
-If you use this tactic in halfway, before it can give the desired results, it takes a minimum of 3 games, to a maximum of 6
-If you use this tactic since the beginning of the season, it would be preferable, the friendly pre-season, you play by turning your team over every single game (45 min and 45 min)
-pre-match training by the assistant manager

Now a bit 'of statistics, just to make you realize the immense potential of this tactic:
Goal scored (team)
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5...eenshot360.jpg
Assist (team)
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/816/assist.jpg
Premier League Final Standings:
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/1348/classificak.jpg
Premier Leagues players final statistics:
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/344...stichecamp.jpg

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/8...campionato.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REMEMBER this: not change the tactics in any aspect, it is a 4-4-2, and can not be trasformed into other tactics...if u make this, and the result will not arrive, not give her the blame!!!

GOOD DOWNLOAD
Attached Files
File Type: tac 4-2-4 Il devasto (Man Utd, Mag 2011).tac (1.1 KB, 2759 views)

Last edited by satorox; 20-01-2011 at 11:47 AM.
satorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #2
Eazy-Duz-It
Due For Testimonial
TD Member

Eazy-Duz-It has a spectacular aura aboutEazy-Duz-It has a spectacular aura about

Well your English isn't too bad. But why does everyone run back except the strikers?
Eazy-Duz-It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
satorox
Trialist
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy-Duz-It View Post
Well your English isn't too bad. But why does everyone run back except the strikers?
to tighten departments
Old 22-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
cerdeirakid
Trialist
TD Member

cerdeirakid is on a distinguished road

Thanks for this amazing tactic,i'm playing with AS Roma and it's working very well.
I only have one doubt, i have to uncheck the "target man" in the tactical defenitions?...
cerdeirakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
satorox
Trialist
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerdeirakid View Post
Thanks for this amazing tactic,i'm playing with AS Roma and it's working very well.
I only have one doubt, i have to uncheck the "target man" in the tactical defenitions?...
yes mate
Old 23-01-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
Nimreitz
Reserve Team Player
TD Member

Managing: Schalke
Season: 2020/2021
Division: Bundesliga
Star Player: Isco
Nimreitz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy-Duz-It View Post
I think since FM08 or 09 that just means they don't make forward runs.
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 12:23 AM   #7
ericcantona
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Managing: Saint-Etienne
Season: 2011/2012
Division: Ligue 1
Position: 1
ericcantona is on a distinguished road

A bit surprised by the relative indifference this stuff created. This is by far the best tactic i used in FM, even more impressive than the famous 4-3-3 (neverlosen) in previous version.

I twicked it in two aspects before my second season:

1) I put the right striker (fastest one) as target man, supplied into spaces. I alternate Rivière and Gameiro in this role for my Saint-Etienne save, and they're just fantastic... I can't imagine how the likes of Vagner Love/Torres could perform in this scheme. HUGE amount of CC chance per match.

2) On corners, i told my DCL (best header) to "attack to far post", and my corner taker to cross to far post indeed. Verkhovstsov is a terror (and so Vidic I suppose. lol.)

My results since I twicked the tactic (which worked well yet before):

Spoiler:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I concede too much because my full backs aren't top class...

Last edited by ericcantona; 27-01-2011 at 12:35 AM.
ericcantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 01:14 AM   #8
DannyCAFC
Hot Prospect
TD Member

DannyCAFC is on a distinguished road

Hi.

Just thought I'd tell you - not sure if it's just me - but a lot of the screenshots don't seem to be working. Only screenshots 4 & 6 are working for me, aswell as the Goals Scored and Assist screenshots.

Just wanted to ask a couple of questions if that's okay.

Firstly, so the MC's need to be 'ball-carrier' type midfielders? So stat wise, I'd be looking at things like Passing, First Touch, Composure, Teamwork, Decisions etc, yes?

Secondly, could you explain a little bit more about the strikers? Am I right in assuming that the right-sided striker is the finisher, and the left-sided needs to be a more creative player?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: All the team instructions are set to default aswell. I assume they aren't supposed to be?

Last edited by DannyCAFC; 27-01-2011 at 02:27 PM.
DannyCAFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #9
Jaapschap
Forza Jaapschap
TD Member

Managing: Holland
Season: 14/15
Division: Euro Qual's
Jaapschap is on a distinguished road

Trying this one with Liverpool. Notched all straight wins. Including a 10-0 against one of those 'never-heard-of'teams from idon'tknowwhere and a 6-1 against newcastle. Big difference between home and away results. But it sure looks promising.

Like the lad above, what i need to look for in the 2 midfielders? They are kinda key figures and i'm still experimenting with them...
Jaapschap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #10
kinn
Decent Youngster
TD Member

Managing: Arsenal
kinn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyCAFC View Post
Firstly, so the MC's need to be 'ball-carrier' type midfielders? So stat wise, I'd be looking at things like Passing, First Touch, Composure, Teamwork, Decisions etc, yes?
I used this strategy heavily in previous FM version where it worked brilliantly (not that much in '11 but still very usable). So to answer your question, yes, definitely, the 2 MC's are the most important players , so good mentals + technique + passing and good stamina as they get tired very fast because most balls go through them. I usually played one as advanced playmaker and another one as supporting (or ball-winning) midfielder.
kinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #11
jpdids
Decent Youngster
TD Member

jpdids is on a distinguished road

Best tactic ive used so far on this version. Tons of goals and ive only just lost my first game in about 25 (most of them wins) after taking over at Atletico Madrid. Didnt buy any players, just used what they had at the time.

jpdids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #12
ericcantona
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Managing: Saint-Etienne
Season: 2011/2012
Division: Ligue 1
ericcantona is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaapschap View Post
Trying this one with Liverpool. Notched all straight wins. Including a 10-0 against one of those 'never-heard-of'teams from idon'tknowwhere and a 6-1 against newcastle. Big difference between home and away results. But it sure looks promising.

Like the lad above, what i need to look for in the 2 midfielders? They are kinda key figures and i'm still experimenting with them...

I personnaly use two hardworking midfielders (Mariga-Nkoulou or Matuidi-Fofana).

When I put Adrien on the pitch, he always seems to have poor or average ratings (6,70 in 15 games) despite his briliant creative skills. Not strong enough... and can't tackle.
ericcantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
jpdids
Decent Youngster
TD Member

jpdids is on a distinguished road

Breaking all kinds of records with this.. top goalscorer, goals scored in a season.

Can certainly highly recommend giving this one a try, especially if you like your tactics to have wingers!
jpdids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #14
Portobello Racing
Trialist
TD Member

Portobello Racing is on a distinguished road

I definitely not understand why nobody talk about this one...

Amazing tactic, great results with my Man U side or FC Nantes side.
A lot of goals, chances, ...

Every one has to try it !
Portobello Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #15
scotts_afro
Trialist
TD Member

scotts_afro is on a distinguished road

I just want to add how great this tactic is.

Spurs - won all three cups (League cup, FA Cup and CL) and came 3rd in the league (1point from first place).

Bought in a RB - De Silvestri, a CB - Zapata and a striker Derdiyok and bought Hazard in January.

Truely awesome tactic - should be up there with the best
scotts_afro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #16
kriskaguetta44
Trialist
TD Member

kriskaguetta44 is on a distinguished road

AWESOME ! Seems to be like the new DIABLO tactic !!!
kriskaguetta44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #17
chives
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Managing: Man Utd
Season: 2010/2011
Division: EPL
Star Player: Rooney
chives is on a distinguished road

I seem to have encountered a problem, every time i set the tactic, my FM just hangs there. Anyone know why and how to fix this?
chives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #18
gobl1in
Decent Youngster
TD Member

gobl1in is on a distinguished road

I did give this tactic a whirl with a new Man U save. Initial thoughts were that it was a gret start, well as a rule the pre season friendlies usually go with without a hitch. Come the start of the season it was Chelski in Charity Shield, I was slightly nervous as they had nearly all the posession and chances in the first half. Second half we came out all guns blazing, final score Chelsea 0 Man U 5. 1st league game of the season was Man City away, I thought this would be a tight affair but once again away win and this time 7 - 0. I believed this was the tactic for me as I am a plug n play FM user. My next two games were both at home against Newcastle and Aston Villa, this I thought would give me the perfect season start after the initial success. Lo and behold my two home games I lost 2 - 0 and 2 - 1. I could not figure out what had gone wrong, no major changes to squad and roughly 12 games to get the tactic to gel. Is it the squad or is it just the curse of FM. Any suggestions would be welcome. Cheers, this tactic does have potential and it's nice to see wingers being utilised again.
gobl1in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #19
JMcQueen
Trialist
TD Member

Managing: Valencia
Star Player: Villa
JMcQueen is on a distinguished road

Yeah, doesnt work brilliantly for my Sevilla team either. Dont get me wrong, Im not doing bad but hardly walking on everyone put in front of me.
JMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:25 PM   #20
Campo
Trialist
TD Member

Campo is on a distinguished road

I don't normally download peoples tactics (except Pink Panther Redux) and am pretty good at making my own solid but fluid tactics but thought I'd try this one, and.....Wow!! What an amazing tactic. Have just smashed Fulham 7-0 at Craven Cottage and Adebayor scored six. That's 16 goals in 9 games. Only conceded 2 league goals and scored 33.

Results so far....
Arsenal H 4-0
Wigan A 2-0
Blackburn H 5-0
Wolves A 5-2
Liverpool H 2-0
Blackpool A 2-0
Sunderland H 2-0
Aston Villa A 4-0
Fulham A 7-0

Alright fair do's I am Man City. But this is just fantastic. Sorry about typing the results, I haven't got a clue how to upload screenshots.
Campo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #21
JMcQueen
Trialist
TD Member

Managing: Valencia
Star Player: Villa
JMcQueen is on a distinguished road

I want to know what Im doing wrong? I've unticked the target man option and my team arent exactly shoddy themselves..
JMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #22
TTGB
Top Notch Talent
TD Member

TTGB is on a distinguished road

I picked this up from the SI forum sometime ago and made the following changes.

Untick target man
Tick counter attack.
Lower the mentality 3 notches back.
If I am player bigger clubs I put mentality on defensive.
Lower the mentality of all the defenders - CB on normal and DL & DR on last attacking notch.
Lower the mentality of the MC's to normal.
Lower the closing down for all defenders.
I also changed the corner routine.

Results have been amazing and I have used it with a variety of teams.
TTGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #23
satorox
Trialist
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTGB View Post
I picked this up from the SI forum sometime ago and made the following changes.

Untick target man
Tick counter attack.
Lower the mentality 3 notches back.
If I am player bigger clubs I put mentality on defensive.
Lower the mentality of all the defenders - CB on normal and DL & DR on last attacking notch.
Lower the mentality of the MC's to normal.
Lower the closing down for all defenders.
I also changed the corner routine.

Results have been amazing and I have used it with a variety of teams.
could you upload your tweaked version???
Old 08-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #24
chives
Rolling Contract
TD Member

I'm having problems trying to use this tactic, i keep getting the crash dumps every time i try to set the tactics.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #25
TTGB
Top Notch Talent
TD Member

Here it is. I do slightly change it depending who I am playing and at what level the club I am at.
Attached Files
File Type: tac 424 antwerp (Antwerp, Jan 2016).tac (1.1 KB, 430 views)
Old 08-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #26
FMGIRL
Banned
Banned

FMGIRL is on a distinguished road

I have just played half a season with West Ham and have won my last 10 league games.

Had an ok'ish start, then it kicked in and we look almost unbeatable.

Amazing

If i "had" to give a downside, it would be that it concedes a few more goals than i'd like, but hey ho, you cannot have everything.

Will update at end of season.
FMGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #27
satorox
Trialist
TD Member

Quote:
Here it is. I do slightly change it depending who I am playing and at what level the club I am at.

thanks mate
Old 09-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #28
TTGB
Top Notch Talent
TD Member

Let me know how it goes
Old 10-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #29
satorox
Trialist
TD Member

Quote:
Let me know how it goes
ok
Old 10-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #30
FMGIRL
Banned
Banned

I finsihed 3rd with West Ham 1st season(only 3 points behind winners) and won the FA Cup, scored a 100 goals and conceded 48.

Just 12 games into season 2 and i've scored 41 goals but already conceded 28

If there was a way to shore up the defence without losing too much in attack, this would be the best tactic ever created for FM.

Funny how 80% of the goals we concede are just basic Sunday league unforced errors?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #31
TTGB
Top Notch Talent
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMGIRL View Post
I finsihed 3rd with West Ham 1st season(only 3 points behind winners) and won the FA Cup, scored a 100 goals and conceded 48.

Just 12 games into season 2 and i've scored 41 goals but already conceded 28

If there was a way to shore up the defence without losing too much in attack, this would be the best tactic ever created for FM.

Funny how 80% of the goals we concede are just basic Sunday league unforced errors?
Use some of the pointers I listed. CLosing down is a major issue because players get out of position.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #32
FMGIRL
Banned
Banned

I gave it up, may sound mad, as i was second in the league at xmas in season 2, but its just too frustrating watching the games and every goal i concede being a defensive/goalkeeper error, or an opposing forward run half the pitch with the midfield and defence just opening up in front of him.

The only time my keeper comes to the edge of the box is to make a mistake and my defence dont react until the ball is in the back of the net.

It makes the match engine look ten times as bad as it already is and that was pretty bad anyway.

Great going forward, but even then its frustrating to watch your star striker missing the target in the middle of an open goal a yard from the goal line.

The match is the most important part of FM, yet the ME is the worst part of the game by a country mile.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #33
cragswfc
Hot Prospect
TD Member

Managing: Sheff Wed
Season: 6
Division: Prem league
Star Player: pato
cragswfc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by satorox View Post
could you upload your tweaked version???
Quote:
what your results like with this
Old 10-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #34
TTGB
Top Notch Talent
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cragswfc View Post
what your results like with this
See the Antwerp succession game. Excellent results with man it'd and playing very well with my Nantes ydwawk game. I can post results tomorrow if needed
Old 11-02-2011, 12:34 AM   #35
Playerslacker
Reserve Team Player
TD Member

Managing: Leeds united
Season: 11/12
Division: Premiership
Star Player: leo bustos
Playerslacker is an unknown quantity at this point

i tried this out and had to set the keeper on the default template , otherwise he tended to do far too much crazy shit . other than that well done man this tactic is competely bonkers and i love watching it
Playerslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #36
fm2008manu
Decent Youngster
TD Member

Managing: Man U
Season: 4th
Division: Epl
Star Player: Tevez
fm2008manu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcantona View Post
A bit surprised by the relative indifference this stuff created. This is by far the best tactic i used in FM, even more impressive than the famous 4-3-3 (neverlosen) in previous version.

I twicked it in two aspects before my second season:

1) I put the right striker (fastest one) as target man, supplied into spaces. I alternate Rivière and Gameiro in this role for my Saint-Etienne save, and they're just fantastic... I can't imagine how the likes of Vagner Love/Torres could perform in this scheme. HUGE amount of CC chance per match.

2) On corners, i told my DCL (best header) to "attack to far post", and my corner taker to cross to far post indeed. Verkhovstsov is a terror (and so Vidic I suppose. lol.)

My results since I twicked the tactic (which worked well yet before):

Spoiler:

I concede too much because my full backs aren't top class...

i am confuse put the right striker as target man which mean in player instruction set to target man? or under target man drag into the box? btw you got unclick the team instruction target man?
fm2008manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #37
chives
Rolling Contract
TD Member

How do i download the tactic instead of opening up in another program?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #38
Jaapschap
Forza Jaapschap
TD Member

Managing: Holland
Season: 14/15
Division: Euro Qual's
Jaapschap is on a distinguished road

am i an idiot? I don't concede that much...
Jaapschap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #39
cragswfc
Hot Prospect
TD Member

In good co-operation with Daanyal84 from the Managers United Forum and his permission from Satorax we’re delighted to present to you the 'Upgrated Modern Style' version of 4-2-2-2 'il Devasto', all put together in 1 Tactic-pack.

This pack is the result of a attemt to convert the original 4-2-2-2 ‘il Devasto’ (which was a classic tactic) back to modern. This because some forummers didn’t like playing with the classical version despite having some really good results with it.

Spoiler:
=further explanation; why and how did this tactic developed?] After we started converting the tactic to modern, we found some weaknesses in the original version. Therefor we composed a testing panel in order to develop the tactic, which finally resulted in this tactic-pack. We started on working on the defence of the original tactic, in order to reduce receiving goals. The testing panel also noticed that the original tactic (which was tested by simulation) didn’t work at his best on a European level because opponents seemed to punish off your defensive weaknesses.

In competition the modern converted tactic functioned really well; some games were won with 7-0 or even more. When you’re one of the favourites winning the league this tactic really is delightfull to play with. The only games you’ll find having any difficulties with is playing against higher reputationed clubs, or teams that enjoy a good day playing against you; Do you like to play this way? Then use the 4-2-2-2 'il Devasto' Offensive Modern.

To exclude those difficulties playing against higher reputationed clubs or teams that enjoy a good day playing against you, we’ve created an extra tactic which you can succesfully use against those clubs and also on European level. The tactic include a less offensive concept of play in combination with a more solid style of play. Some results maybe less spectaculair then playing the ‘Offensive’ version but that will be compensated with the results you’ll get against some of your stronger opponents in national or European competitions. Besides that, these tactic offers you the possibility to play with a more direct style off passing-game instead off only the short-passing way. The directer style of play offers you a way to reach the opposition’s goal faster, however this is a more riskier option because you’ll lose the ball faster. So you really need to think this trough, before making this desicion. Do you like to play this way? Then use the 4-2-2-2 'il Devasto' Standard Modern.

At last we needed to make a version of this tactic which would do well with lower reputated clubs, who would like to do well despite having fewer good players. This because the original tactic is to offensive to play with having such a team. The defensive version of this tactic will give you some good results playing with such teams. This tactic also is a perfect one to play with when you have to play against the highest reputationed clubs. By example: You’re playing teams as Nottingham Forrest in a match against Manchester United on Old Trafford. Does this apply to you? Then use the 4-2-2-2 'il Devasto' Defensive Modern.

Best results are made combining these tactics! Look into your reputation aswell your oppositions reputation before considering which tactic you’ll use. With teams like FC Barcelona you can play the ‘Offensive’ version 90% of the time. Only exceptions might be fixtures against Real Madrid (home/away) and in some European matches. Then you’ll need the ‘Standard’ version. It’s not likely you’ll need the 'Defensive' version very often with teams of this caliber.

In the next spoiler you’ll find some beautifull screens of the tactical performances of this tactic-pack;

Spoiler:
=technical performances]Now i show you the line up in attack and the line up on defense (action-type goals and how to defend the team):

A) Attack (red: forward; blue: wings; purple: midfielders; yellow: backs)

As you can see the ball carrier(Carrick) has a lot of offensive solutions, and there, in this picture taken from the game against Barça (willfully to show the impact even against strong defenses) can count 5 different solutions: the two full backs, the 'other median, the two wings and rooney, in this case was the player served a chance to find himself infallible!

B) Defense(Here I show you a series of 4 screens taken from the same action to show the effectiveness of the module. Red circle in the opponent and the ball carrier, the red line, of course, is a sign of its passage):

1: Mascherano sets the action, no one contrast (this is the peculiarity of being a defensive tactic) but not has important solutions because the spaces are all closed, and then discharged to the outside

2-3: The player who receives the outside, having no space in front of you, download centrally Iniesta ... even here it goes, and Iniesta decides to return to Mascherano:

4: Mascherano decided to return to Iniesta, continues to have no clear solutions, but at this point, Carrick, takes it in advance, retrieves the ball and get it on rooney

Some tactical explanation:

Spoiler:
=changing some of the players roles]This tactic-pack developed in such a way that you can switch some of the players roles without changing the way this tactic works. The positions we’re talking about is de position of right central midfielder, left central midfielder and deep lying forward. Only change the players role, don’t change anything in the advanced players instructions!

The right central midfielder is the least offensive midfielder. This is by default a central midfielder, support. You can change this for example in a defensive playmaker if your player have the qualities to do this. Keep in mind that this player is responsible for supporting your defence, therefor he’ll need som reasonable defensive stats.

The left central midfielder is the most offensice midfielder. This is by default a central midfielder, automatic. This position can also be adjusted. However you need to keep the balance of your team in mindt!

The deep lying forward (left striker) can be adjusted into a finisher, if you dont have a deep lying forward. However, this tactic will be most effective playing a deep lying forward in combination with the targetman.

IMPORTANT: do not tick the option ‘Play Targetman’ in your team-instructions! This will make your team depending on this man. However you do need to choose how you want to play your targetman. (run to ball, play into feet, etc)!!!

If the tactic doesn’t work the way you want to after making changes descriped in this spoiler, our panel recommends to go back to one of the original ones.(h)

Some tactical instructions:

Spoiler:
=which players to use]To make the best use of this tactic-pack we recommend the following:

GK: The best you can find. Choose players with the designation GK

Backs Choose players who also have offensive qualities. Dont use coverted central defenders if you don’t need to. Choose players with the designation right/left defender or right/left wingbacks.

CD’s: The best you can find. These 2 will form your defensive block. Choose players with the designation. CD

RCM: Place the central midfielder which has the best defensive qualities, because this player will support your central defenders. Choose players with the designation DM or MC. Players with a better designation as DM you’ll need to train into CM.

LCM: Place the midfielder which has the best offensive qualities, because this player will support your attackers slightly more than your RCM. Choose players with the designation MC of AMC. Players with a better designation as AMC you’ll need to train into CM.

Wingers: Place your players who will do best at the positions behind your strikers. It’s important that these players know how to play the midfield, rather than playing a strikers role. So don’t choose players with a designation as AMR/S or AML/S! Those are to focust at scoring goals, forgetting their defensive tasks. It’s possible, but it will not get the best out of these tactics.

SCR: This is your targetman.Choose the player with the best statistics for this positions as indicated in your tactic screen by this players instructions. Don’t forget to tick your instructions how to play this targetman (run into ball, pass to feet, etc) in your teamtactic-screen. However; DO NOT tick the ‘Play Targetman’ button in this screen.

SCL: Already discribed. Best is a deep lying forward.

Best results are made combining these tactics! Look into your reputation aswell your oppositions reputation before considering which tactic you’ll use. With teams like FC Barcelona you can play the ‘Offensive’ version 90% of the time. Only exceptions might be fixtures against Real Madrid (home/away) and in some European matches. Then you’ll need the ‘Standard’ version. It’s not likely you’ll need the 'Defensive' version very often with teams of this caliber.

Credits for this tactic-pack goes to:

Satorax; original maker of the tactic

Daanyal84; for disclosing this tactic on the MU forum

The panel of testers:

The forum-members Chanty, Joostmakaay, Emmen-fan, Daanyal84, Vriel14 and myself

At last i, RobinvPersie of the MU Forum (Dutch), converter and tactical engineer ( ) of this tactic-pack, want to wish all of you al lot of fun using them!

Spoiler:
All tactics whoom i’ve been testing are tested in a game where i played with FC Barcelona, season 2013-2014. I simulated a complete season, after which i studied the results it made.

This was the FC Barcelona selection during the testing:

[spoiler=selection FC Barcelona 2013-2014]

In the spoiler below you’ll find the results of Version 1; the classic version converted into the modern one:

Spoiler:
4-2-2-2 'il Devasto' origineel]

Spoiler below shows you the results of the tactic after the first improvements i’ve made. This emerged in the 'Offensive' version. Unfortunately a little down in the end kept my assistants team from winning the CL;

Spoiler:
4-2-2-2 'il Devasto' Offensive]

Spoiler below shows you the results of the 'Standard' version. This version has a more solid foundation;

Spoiler:
4-2-2-2 'il Devasto' Standard]

The 'Defensive' version is yet to be tested, but will be a succes. Youve got to believe me on this. The reason of not testing this is because i think i don’t have the right team for it. My FC Barcelona is very good, and i dont have the qualities to leen back with it. If you want me to test it anyways with this team, please send me a PM, and ik will start doing it.

IMPORTANT: ALL RESULTS FROM TESTING ARE SIMULATED AND THEREFOR PLAYED BY MY ASSISTENT!!!

In my opinion this makes the tactic more reliable on itself. It creates a more honest picture of the tactic then playing it yourself.

But if you have better manager-skills then your assistent, there’s a big chance dan doing even better then the testing results!

Last edited by cragswfc; 13-02-2011 at 04:57 PM.
cragswfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #40
Shrewnaldo
Inventor of TDPL
TD Member

Managing: Rapid Wien-AUT
Shrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of light

Crag - can you please sort out all the spoilers that have gone wrong when you've copied and pasted this from wherever it was originally posted.

[spoiler=yadayada] doesn't work on this forum. You'll need to take the titles outside the coding brackets.

Also, can you please upload the tactic(s) as an attachment to the post rather than external links.

Was this translated from another language using Google translator? Some of the sentences are quite disjointed.

Follow me on Twitter

FM Veteran - an addict's ramblings on FM in blog form

There's nothing common about sense, nor anything conventional about wisdom

Last edited by Shrewnaldo; 13-02-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Shrewnaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #41
cragswfc
Hot Prospect
TD Member

ok sorry. yes im a dutch student living england, but my english is not as good as my dutch

Last edited by cragswfc; 13-02-2011 at 04:59 PM.
cragswfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #42
TTGB
Top Notch Talent
TD Member

Also having problems with the pictures.
Old 14-02-2011, 03:39 AM   #43
Ranquelme
Hot Prospect
TD Member

Managing: Fiorentina
Division: Serie A
Star Player: Doria
Ranquelme is on a distinguished road

I tried this out just to see how it would work (backed up my save) and after three games I won 8-1, 3-0, 4-0. I went to save it and it crashed, then it wouldn't let me load the game.

First time that I've ever had a FM game not load. Luckily I have my back up but wondering if anyone else experienced this?
Ranquelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 05:01 AM   #44
fm2008manu
Decent Youngster
TD Member

Managing: Man U
Season: 4th
Division: Epl
Star Player: Tevez
fm2008manu is on a distinguished road

1. I put the right striker (fastest one) as target man, supplied into spaces.

i no understand, what it mean supplied into spaces????? anyone help please?
fm2008manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #45
igor
Trialist
TD Member

Managing: Chester F.C.
igor is on a distinguished road

Hi...

I've tried this tactic with my Celtic team for whole season. I didnt make any tweaks at all, and it worked great for me (but i did not install latest patch).
This is my Celtic team...as you can see there are some great players but no superstars (AML is empty but Forrest played there whole season):
http://img832.imageshack.us/i/celticceltictactics.png/

My results (games i've lost were played with second team):
http://img522.imageshack.us/i/celticcelticfixtures.png/

Alberto Paloschi was really beast upfront:
http://img402.imageshack.us/i/albert...iprofilea.png/

And Leigh Griffiths was not behind him at all (even after this stats he gets three stars from my scout team):
http://img412.imageshack.us/i/leighg...profileat.png/

Thanks for this great tactic...
igor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #46
cryptoparrot
Trialist
TD Member

cryptoparrot is on a distinguished road

This is a good attacking tactic but I've found it pretty useless on the whole, especially with a team who aren't going to dominate the ball for 90 minutes. Concede far too many pathetic goals, the back 4 part like the red sea when someone runs at them.

Fun tactic but no good for me.
cryptoparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #47
searmh
Decent Youngster
TD Member

searmh is on a distinguished road

been using this tactic for the first three games since i started managing Jaro..bottom of the finish premier division after half a season.

I have played 3 games and won all 3 with the tweeked 4-2-2-2 il devasto tactic. we have small squad and i have been unable to buy any players not all fit the positions.

so far i must say this tactic is excellent we sometimes let in late goals as my team is very unfit and 3 substitutions is not enough.

so far so good.
searmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #48
munkehboi
Trialist
TD Member

munkehboi is on a distinguished road

Dominated with Ipswich in my 1st season in Championship...only lost 1 game in the leauge all season.

First 3 games of the season in the EPL and i've been ripped apart:

vs Sunderland (H) lost 2-3
vs Bolton (A) lost 0-3
vs Barnsely (H) lost 2-3

Not helped by the fact that I've lost 5 decent players to long term injuries. 've got no money and just go in 4 loanees. Im pretty screwed LOL

As cryptoparrot said my defence is parting like the red sea. They dont go into the on coming defender and just sit back and let them run at them!?

Ipswich Town - Murphy, McAuley, Delaney, Bonera, Norris, Sandro, Leadbitter, Verrati, Fleck, Jo, Carlos Valencia - 2011 Premiership champions
munkehboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #49
TTGB
Top Notch Talent
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkehboi View Post
Dominated with Ipswich in my 1st season in Championship...only lost 1 game in the leauge all season.

First 3 games of the season in the EPL and i've been ripped apart:

vs Sunderland (H) lost 2-3
vs Bolton (A) lost 0-3
vs Barnsely (H) lost 2-3

Not helped by the fact that I've lost 5 decent players to long term injuries. 've got no money and just go in 4 loanees. Im pretty screwed LOL

As cryptoparrot said my defence is parting like the red sea. They dont go into the on coming defender and just sit back and let them run at them!?
Which version are you using?
Try changing the closing down setting on your defenders. Might want to alter the defensive line also
Old 19-02-2011, 01:10 AM   #50
The_Dizzster
Da Dizz
TD Member

Managing: DC United & USA
Season: 16/17
Division: MLS
Star Player: Jörn Müller
The_Dizzster is a splendid one to beholdThe_Dizzster is a splendid one to behold

Playing this with Newcastle 1st season. Results have been good, but inconsisent.
After 14 games:

10th in the table, scored 39, conceded 41. This is obviously a problem, were conceding way to much when our defence is more than strong enough to keep out the goals were letting in.

However, my loanee Jo has 19 goals in 14 EPL games.

The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2011