The Dugout Football Manager Community

Go Back   The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > Football Manager 2012 > General Discussion

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
Jonnybravo
Hot Prospect
TD Member

Jonnybravo is on a distinguished road

Default Youth Intake...

i have top facilities, top scout range, top youth coaching ect ect, and i never get anyone good, this is my 4th intake of players and the best is a 3 star, ive never had anything better than a 3 star player ;< and i have to keep spening 5-15 mil on 4 star players from other clubs, is there somthing i am doing wrong or?
Jonnybravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
Spav
Indispensable To The Club
TD Member

Spav is a glorious beacon of lightSpav is a glorious beacon of lightSpav is a glorious beacon of lightSpav is a glorious beacon of lightSpav is a glorious beacon of lightSpav is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
TMD Awards: Contributor of the Year 
Total Awards: 1

You have to say "white rabbit" for good luck the day before the intake or else it doesn't work.
Spav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
lfc2k6
Wants First Team Football
TD Member

Managing: expectation.
lfc2k6 will become famous soon enough

What's your youth recruitment level?
I find that to be the thing that matters. I had no good young players until I upgraded the youth intake. Then 2, 4+ star players in one lot.

Coincidence? I think not!
lfc2k6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #4
Jonnybravo
Hot Prospect
TD Member

Jonnybravo is on a distinguished road

extensive.
Jonnybravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
lfc2k6
TD Member

Then you my friend, are unlucky!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:32 AM   #6
dragondorker
Decent Youngster
TD Member

dragondorker is on a distinguished road

Youth recruitment isn't the level of regens you'll get, it's the level relative to your area. Each club has its own sphere of influence so to speak (man utd gets manchester and the surrounding area, barcelona gets catalan spain) and youth recruitment means what the chances are that a generated youth player in the area will go to your club. So if you've got extensive youth recruitment but you're in ukraine, you aren't getting anybody special. However if you're santos or sao paulo, you're gonna be swimming in wonderkids
dragondorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
moley
Reserve Team Player
TD Member

Managing: Spurs
Season: 2010/2011
Division: English Premier
Position: 1
moley has a spectacular aura aboutmoley has a spectacular aura about

I'm spurs and I'm currently in my tenth season and over the years of youth intake I've only seen one player of four stars, the rest are three stars and under, i have the best facilities on all levels and the second most reputable club in the world after real Madrid.

What would be the reason for my crap intake of youngsters?

Tottenham Hotspur - With this tactic.

Euro Cup - 2014
European Super Cup - 2014
moley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #8
Nick
Forza Catania!
Administrator

Managing: LA Galaxy
Season: 2023
Nick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to all

Your first team is so good. The star ratings are relative to the quality of your first team.
Nick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #9
moley
Reserve Team Player
TD Member

I suppose, I've only been signing players who have three and a half stars or more in CA or PA.

Regens are retired players brought back through, aren't they? If so then there's not much hope in England unless you sign in from abroad.

Euro Cup - 2014
Old 09-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #10
Nick
Forza Catania!
Administrator

Nick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to allNick is a name known to all

They used to be regenerated, but not anymore. The correct term would now be "newgen", rather than "regen". Some of us are stuck in our ways though.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #11
moley
Reserve Team Player
TD Member

In that case, is there a way to work out where the best players will be coming from and when, because on older games I'd just watch for when a great player retires and search his key attributes the next season to get him back.

Euro Cup - 2014
Old 09-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #12
Nick
Forza Catania!
Administrator

There are certain clubs that seem to produce their fair share of top youngsters.

Here is a list of the top youth academies etc.:
http://www.thedugout.net/community/s...ighlight=youth

Certain sides, like ASEC, Boca, River etc. always seem to churn out good youngsters, but there is always a certain amount of randomness to it as well.

Manual scouting is a good way of finding them.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #13
lfc2k6
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondorker View Post
Youth recruitment isn't the level of regens you'll get, it's the level relative to your area. Each club has its own sphere of influence so to speak (man utd gets manchester and the surrounding area, barcelona gets catalan spain) and youth recruitment means what the chances are that a generated youth player in the area will go to your club. So if you've got extensive youth recruitment but you're in ukraine, you aren't getting anybody special. However if you're santos or sao paulo, you're gonna be swimming in wonderkids
I stand corrected!
I thought it was the quality of players generated, not the increasing to scope of your intake...
Definitely helps me understand why as Hoffenheim I'm only seeing 2 stars max atm.
I may go manage in brazil soon! xD
Old 09-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #14
Ben.
Dubbed the next Woodgate
TD Member

Ben. is just really niceBen. is just really niceBen. is just really niceBen. is just really niceBen. is just really nice

I actually made a .xml file that tones down Brazil's Youth Rating. It was so high on 12.1 that after five or six years, a good 75% of the world-class players were Brazilian. Absolutely swarming in the fuckers, which isn't exactly true.
Ben. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #15
BAD-RELIGION
Trialist
TD Member

BAD-RELIGION is on a distinguished road

You still have that XML file?

Everyone saying that a small nation don't have good intake. But i'm always seeing world class players (>190) coming from poor African nations and from other country where football isn't that developed.
BAD-RELIGION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #16
Guido
Forza Fortuna!

Guido is a name known to allGuido is a name known to allGuido is a name known to allGuido is a name known to allGuido is a name known to allGuido is a name known to allGuido is a name known to all

Awards Showcase
Beste CM/FM’ert 
Total Awards: 1

On slightly different note, which factors contribute to the youth intake or is it totally random?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > Football Manager 2012 > General Discussion